L'Occitane Repairing Shampoo (Dry & Damaged Hair)

L'Occitane Repairing Shampoo (Dry & Damaged Hair)

3.9

on 2/22/2017 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a travel set,lemon verbena,and liked that so bought this shampoo conditioner, 5 essential oils travel size,I then found these reviews and was a bit worried,I need not have been as I love it! I didn't find I need a lot of conditioner my hair is silky soft,can tell a difference already after one use, I have mid length blonde/white/grey hair,coloured with a toner.
As a new user of Loccitane I am very pleased with the products,it feels like I'm pampering myself more and they smell divine,I will be buying a full size.it might not suit all hair types or people,but I LOVE <3

on 8/14/2016 10:50:00 AM

So I`ve been using this shampoo and conditioner in the travel size a lot, because I go to the hot springs in Japan and they`re very convenient to carry. They smell amazing (in my opinion), but just like the other reviewers I`ve noticed that the shampoo dried the hell out of my hair and the conditioner is so watery, it wouldn`t seem like it would work. However those hot springs baths are places to hang out with your pals and catch up, so I spend like at least 2 hours there, in hot steam, going from the sauna to the whirlpools, etc. So that conditioner soaks in my hair a good 2 hours. When I finally wash it out my hair is soft, smooth and manageable. Any other conditioner I have used at the hot springs has weighed my hair down, but I guess this one is so weak, that it needs those 2 hours of steam to work, lol! Anyway, I did try it on a regular business trip where it just sat in my hair in the shower for 5-10 min, and yes, in this case it did make my hair look like a haystack, just awful. The package is total crap, too: dropped the conditioner bottle and it freaking broke on me, so had to haul it around in a plastic bag. I will repurchase the travel size for the hot springs, but would never buy the full size.

on 8/14/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Possibly the worst shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. It is labeled as for "dry and damaged hair" but what it really does is give you dry and possibly damaged hair. Hair will be a tangled mess after washing with it, and the watery conditioner will do nothing for it. I got this set in a small travel size, and brought it on holiday, which was a huge mistake because the dry summer weather plus this made my hair dry as straw...fortunately my Mucota air dune ex treatment conditioner at home restored it back to normal. Contemplating throwing the whole bottle away but the thought of the cost...use it as a shower gel maybe? In summary, stay away from this!!

on 5/7/2016 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the worst shampoo I have ever used.

I normally have very thick and lively hair, but this made my hair very frizzy, dry and hard to work with, which a shampoo targeted towards damadged and dehydrated hair shouldn't do. Also, considering the fact that this is the most expensive shampoo product I ever bought, I am very disappointed.

Just putting the word out there to save peoples money.

on 12/9/2015 10:41:00 PM

The worst and the most drying shampoo I've ever tried, which is ridiculous considering this is marketed towards dry and damaged hair.

After using this with the conditioner from the line, I get extremely dry, frizzy, and tangled hair. I have dry and frizzy hair to begin with, but this shampoo makes it even worse! The conditioner is so good, this shampoo I'm not so crazy about though. The weirdest thing is it makes my hair get tangled in literal knots.

This shampoo is so expensive but after the first use, I immediately decided not to use it again despite how much I've spent on it.

This shampoo has got a very strong scent, I can only describe it as perfumey. It's almost like you're basically pouring perfume right on top of your head. I wouldn't mind if it delivers great results, but it just doesn't. Very disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Have been using this shampoo for over a year now.. Im on my second bottle..its a good shampoo.. cleans the scalp well.. i love the smell of this shampoo.. I always use a conditioner after shampooing as my hair is on the drier side and this shampoo does dry out my hair..
The only con is its cost.. but until I find a better shampoo will stick to this one..
This shampoo ( 300ml) lasted for about six months for me..

on 5/29/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This and the matching conditioner are possibly the worst haircare items I've used in recent memory. The smell doesn't bother me (although the conditioner is stronger smelling than the shampoo) but fortunately it doesn't last once you rinse it out of your hair. However, once I started blowdrying my hair, my hair was incredibly static-y, tangled (as in actual knots at the ends, which is strange because I recently had my hair cut) and dry feeling. After sleeping on my hair overnight, I woke up to hair that was still static-y and dry. Fortunately I was using sample packets, but the results were so bad that I may not use them up.

on 10/21/2014 10:37:00 PM

I bought this product based on all the great reviews here and I would just like to say that it was the biggest waste of money ever. 1. I don't like the smell, but that is obviously very subjective. 2. I didn't see any of the benefits praised here, like the hair being very nourished and healthy afterwards, at all. 3. On the contrary, I feel that it is not nice to apply, the hair feels dry even in the shower after applying it, it feels like it is stripping all the natural 'oils' from my hair, and afterwards my scalp feels dry and itchy! I even got red skin on my neck the first few times i used it... Certainly will never buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best shampoos i've used. Does smell amazing, lathers easily, makes my bleached fine blonde hair look glowy and healthy, without wearing them down.

The pricetag is quite expensive, but since you don't need much of the product the bottle will last a long time!

I recommend to buy the 500 ml refill bag after the bottle is used up!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used to love this shampoo. My hair is thick, coarse and slightly frizzy. At first I noticed this shampoo made my hair so soft and light. I used this with the matching conditioner. My hair was always shiny and smelled really good.. until late evening even after a long, hot sunny day. But after using for almost half a year, i began to realize how dry my hair had become and more strands were starting to get tangled. I switched to Kerastase Bain Nutri-Thermique in the end.