Simple smoothing cleansing scrub

Simple smoothing cleansing scrub

3.0

on 4/26/2016 4:00:00 PM

I used this once and will not use it again. Caused a slight burning reaction that resulted in a rough patch on my upper cheek. Very disappointed as I was expecting something more gentle. Wont be purchasing this or any other Simple product again.

on 7/23/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought at Walgreens during a BOGO sale. My daughter said it smells like "straight up carpet cleaner" but I noticed she objected when I didn't pack it for our vacation this week and she packed it herself. I've been using the Clinique 7 Day Scrub and I think this, besides the smell, is very comparable. Will buy again.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As someone with year-round dry skin, I LOVE exfoliants. My favorite is the Thalgo exfoliant for dry/sensitive skin. But that stuff is pricey. So I picked this up in Target on a whim thinking it might be a nice, cheaper alternative.

BIG MISTAKE. HUGE. This stuff smells like you have just doused your face in a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner. It smells like you are cleaning a nuclear reactor spill from your pores. It smells like you are disinfecting a 19th-century sanitarium from a typhoid outbreak. IT SMELLS BAD. And I am not someone who is sensitive to fragrance but...holy cow. Fix it, Jesus.

I suppose the rice grains do their job? But each time I've applied this, I've been so desperate to get this off my face and out of my nostrils that I've never used it for long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is quite sensitive and most scrubs scare the living heck out of my poor sebaceous glands and beat them into painful submission.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I bought some.

The tube is fine, the smell is...hmmm. I think it's best describe as "We added "no smell please" chemicals to make you think that it has no smell. It's a bit like "New car smell". Sort of. Not the smell itself, but the idea of faking it.

(Seriously if I ever received or bought anything vaguely beauty-related and it actually smelled like "New Car Smell" I'd be running away from it faster than you can say "Ooooh it pongs!")

The scrubby bits are actually rice particles and it's fairly unoffensive with one caveat : this is not as gentle as you might expect. I use a little bit maybe once a week, and it doesn't break me out or leave me with raw skin. I have a feeling though that if I used it more frequently, I'd be in trouble.

Still, it's good enough to use as my secondary, and it's inexpensive.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This seemed like a good basic scrub. However, the rice granules seem kind of harsh after using one using different hydrogenated oil esters instead. Also, although fragrance free, I didn't care for the scent. This is definitely a step up from the Apricot scrub (though I would never want to scrub my face with apricot pits) but I found it a little aggrevating to my skin. My new love is the Neutrogena naturals scurb since I definitely do need to exfoliate for fresh skin. But I'm still searching for a HG!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very gentle product, maybe even too gentle for my skin, but it's a nice scrub. My skin feels smooth, but hydrated, and it's gentle enough for me to use a few times a week, rather than once. I don't think I'll be repurchasing it because I prefer more exfoliating scrubs for my face, but it would be nice for someone with oily or sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really do not care for this scrub. I use to only use a plain bar of Dove Soap for my face and body until I realized I wasn't cleaning my face properly. Then I went on to purchase this scrub & used this to wash my face only until I later on realized that you need to cleanse with a cream product first and then exfoliate to really clean the skin. I choose this because I have really sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I do like that this doesn't leave my face tight & dry but that it doesn't over moisturize as well. Those are the only good things I can say about it. Other than that this stuff doesn't spread well at all even if my face is soaking wet. I find myself having to put on massive amounts of this in random small areas of my face and neck just to get the product everywhere that's needed. After 2-3 months I have a little less than half the bottle left & haven't seen any brightening or even textured skin yet. I have moved onto the St. Ives Even and Bright scrub that is more natural in ingredients (this Simple scrub contains parabens) and after one week I saw that my face was actually more even textured & not as red. I really want to use this up so that I won't be wasting my money but as of right now it's just been collecting dust in my bathroom cabinet.

I think it depends on the individual.. I have combination skin it's oily and dry. After the first time using this product my skin instantly felt smooth and my skin looks more radiant and healthy, even the day after my skin still felt nice. The exfoliator wasn't rough and I didn't mind the smell at all. I will be buying this product again :)

on 7/6/2014 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

first of all, I love the Simple skin care line. my skin is pretty sensitive and it's hard for me to find skin care products that don't break me out or dry my skin out more than it already is. After getting past the smell of this scrub I really liked it until it started to break me out. maybe better for people with not- so sensitive skin

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

While I do not like the geranium oil scent in this product, it is an effective scrub. I have used this on my face and neck and on my DH itchy, dry back and it works fine. Contains parabens. I like St. Ives Black head clearing Green tea scrub more than the Simple brand scrub as it has more scrubbies in it, and it smells better.