Simple smoothing cleansing scrub

Simple smoothing cleansing scrub
smoothing cleansing scrub

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll credit this product with how moisturizing it feels, didn't cause any reactions, and the smell wasn't too off-putting. The granules weren't capable of scrubbing dead skin off my face, which is a failure in my book since it's supposed to SCRUB.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is hard for me to find the 'right' scrub. For years the Target near me carried a scrub from Boots that was perfect for me, but they stopped carrying that, and I do not care to order it online. So back to searching for the 'right' scrub for me. Sensitive skin (and sensitive nose) does not help. For me, this is as close to the Boots scrub that I have found, that works about 99% as well as my 'perfect' Boots scrub. Works well enough that I will repurchase this. I detect no scent, possibly a very mild green scent (almost like an aloe scent? Not sure of what all of the ingredients are, but the scent is kind of an aloe-type scent to me), but certainly nothing that bothers my nose nor lingers. Actually seems to make my pores look smaller, so yay!! That is one mark of a good scrub, imho. Not 'too rough' but definitely 'enough' that your skin will feel clean afterwards, yet not drying.

I do find I seem to need about 2 to 3 times the amount of this as opposed to my old Boots scrub, not sure what is up with that, but this is such an inexpensive product, needing 'more' is not a big deal for me. Very pleased with purchase and will definitely repurchase.

on 4/26/2016 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I used this once and will not use it again. Caused a slight burning reaction that resulted in a rough patch on my upper cheek. Very disappointed as I was expecting something more gentle. Wont be purchasing this or any other Simple product again.

on 7/23/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought at Walgreens during a BOGO sale. My daughter said it smells like "straight up carpet cleaner" but I noticed she objected when I didn't pack it for our vacation this week and she packed it herself. I've been using the Clinique 7 Day Scrub and I think this, besides the smell, is very comparable. Will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As someone with year-round dry skin, I LOVE exfoliants. My favorite is the Thalgo exfoliant for dry/sensitive skin. But that stuff is pricey. So I picked this up in Target on a whim thinking it might be a nice, cheaper alternative.

BIG MISTAKE. HUGE. This stuff smells like you have just doused your face in a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner. It smells like you are cleaning a nuclear reactor spill from your pores. It smells like you are disinfecting a 19th-century sanitarium from a typhoid outbreak. IT SMELLS BAD. And I am not someone who is sensitive to fragrance but...holy cow. Fix it, Jesus.

I suppose the rice grains do their job? But each time I've applied this, I've been so desperate to get this off my face and out of my nostrils that I've never used it for long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is quite sensitive and most scrubs scare the living heck out of my poor sebaceous glands and beat them into painful submission.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I bought some.

The tube is fine, the smell is...hmmm. I think it's best describe as "We added "no smell please" chemicals to make you think that it has no smell. It's a bit like "New car smell". Sort of. Not the smell itself, but the idea of faking it.

(Seriously if I ever received or bought anything vaguely beauty-related and it actually smelled like "New Car Smell" I'd be running away from it faster than you can say "Ooooh it pongs!")

The scrubby bits are actually rice particles and it's fairly unoffensive with one caveat : this is not as gentle as you might expect. I use a little bit maybe once a week, and it doesn't break me out or leave me with raw skin. I have a feeling though that if I used it more frequently, I'd be in trouble.

Still, it's good enough to use as my secondary, and it's inexpensive.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This seemed like a good basic scrub. However, the rice granules seem kind of harsh after using one using different hydrogenated oil esters instead. Also, although fragrance free, I didn't care for the scent. This is definitely a step up from the Apricot scrub (though I would never want to scrub my face with apricot pits) but I found it a little aggrevating to my skin. My new love is the Neutrogena naturals scurb since I definitely do need to exfoliate for fresh skin. But I'm still searching for a HG!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very gentle product, maybe even too gentle for my skin, but it's a nice scrub. My skin feels smooth, but hydrated, and it's gentle enough for me to use a few times a week, rather than once. I don't think I'll be repurchasing it because I prefer more exfoliating scrubs for my face, but it would be nice for someone with oily or sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really do not care for this scrub. I use to only use a plain bar of Dove Soap for my face and body until I realized I wasn't cleaning my face properly. Then I went on to purchase this scrub & used this to wash my face only until I later on realized that you need to cleanse with a cream product first and then exfoliate to really clean the skin. I choose this because I have really sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I do like that this doesn't leave my face tight & dry but that it doesn't over moisturize as well. Those are the only good things I can say about it. Other than that this stuff doesn't spread well at all even if my face is soaking wet. I find myself having to put on massive amounts of this in random small areas of my face and neck just to get the product everywhere that's needed. After 2-3 months I have a little less than half the bottle left & haven't seen any brightening or even textured skin yet. I have moved onto the St. Ives Even and Bright scrub that is more natural in ingredients (this Simple scrub contains parabens) and after one week I saw that my face was actually more even textured & not as red. I really want to use this up so that I won't be wasting my money but as of right now it's just been collecting dust in my bathroom cabinet.

I think it depends on the individual.. I have combination skin it's oily and dry. After the first time using this product my skin instantly felt smooth and my skin looks more radiant and healthy, even the day after my skin still felt nice. The exfoliator wasn't rough and I didn't mind the smell at all. I will be buying this product again :)

Popular Scrubs