Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.5

on 4/22/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is great. I very rarely pay compliments to Lancome perfumes, and I didn't like this one immediately either. I tried for the first time on the tester paper. Felt quite disappointed or rather "Yeah, another Lancome". Next time I was at the Lancome counter I sprayed some on my skin, and in about 20 minutes it opened to a very sensual, seductive, decadent cloud of aroma. I think those who like Chanel Chance (not the Fresh, and not the Tendre, but the original Chance) will probably like this perfume a lot. It actually doesn't have much left of the original Hypnose, which is also very beautiful piece of perfume art. Still, the Hypnose Senses definitely is a successful perfume story.

on 6/19/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ooooo, this is lovely. I'm a floral gal and this is a slightly powdery 'warm' scent - I love it. This is everything I wished Chanel perfumes could be.

There's no vanilla or animalistic notes, which is why I can wear this somewhat powdery, 'serious' perfume without any headaches. The opening and dry down are equally lovely. The opening is slightly pink peppery with a bit of tangy mandarin and honey. The dry down is slightly powdery patch, tonka, nice labdanum and osmanthus blossom (I adore osmanthus). Kind of spicy, but not a true spicy scent.

This works very well for the office as the sillage is average and the dry down becomes beautifully warm and full, yet understated.

This is not an extraordinary perfume - there are many similar smelling ones out there - but I do love it. This is full bottle worthy once my 5ml sample is used up, especially when there's a good Lancome GWP.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First, I am not a big Lancome perfume fan. However, I did purchase this scent. I have tried it at the store and was not too impressed, but I recently smelled it on someone and loved it immediately. It does smell similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but maybe a little lighter. It has a sweet somewhat spicy quality. I think the lasting power is great. I just spritzed in on my hand and met my husband for dinner and he said he thought I smelled good. He loves Narciso Rodriguez and hates the Coco so who knows about him. I like this scent and would recommend it. It has a certain sensual quality. I doubt I will repurchase, but it was fun to try.

on 5/3/2012 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I actually didn't expect much from Hypnose Senses, however it's a lot my likable now that I have it in my possession. Though there is nothing unique about it, I find it very wearable when I don't feel like wearing my other loved fragrances.

It's a soft citrus floral, but the scent itself is strong enough for someone to detect. I don't think there is too much to say other than that.

Don't get me wrong, I like this perfume. I very happy with the way this works with my body chemistry. It's not bland, but theres nothing unique about it. It's forgettable, but very pleasant. So this doesn't hinder you from getting compliments.

This is one of those perfumes I wouldn't purchase again, but if it were a gift I would be very very happy.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like to scent of this when I first got a sample. Then I decided to purchase it and it was a big disappointment. This fragrance is last only a couple hours(1-2hrs. max) and that's it! I've used so many fragrance from Chanel (Mademoiselle,Chance), Chloe or even Lancome Magnifique and those are last way longer than this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like this at all - it smells like bug spray!