Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

2.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Hypnose Senses has nothing to do with the original Hypnose, which is probably why its garnering negative reviews from Hypnose fans. Designed by Christine Nagel, this 2009 release would do far better under a different name, with a different bottle. Principally a rich, jammy, powdery rose, Hypnose Senses is a soft and romantic scent with enough of the dark and medicinal to please those seeking some depth and majesty. More grown up than Hypnose, this smells like something by Lalique, and conjures up a woman wearing a silk camisole, pashmina and thin-strapped watch.

on 10/12/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very light- not a headache-inducing, in-your-face scent. It is softly seductive as the patchouli comes out on me after a while. Even though it is light, I can catch a whiff of it on my skin after the day wears on. A younger, fresh feel for Lancome. The bottle is very elegant in the larger sizes, but strangely chubby and stubby in the 1.0 size. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it; it was so unelegant! But a very nice fragrance with a slight feel of BBW Black Amethyst or the softer sensual feel of Magic Noire but in a very contemporary, updated, younger, fresher sort of way- draws you toward it!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hypnose Senses is the latest fragrance from Lancome. While I think it is better than their last one Magnifique, I still don't think it's that great. It is very sweet and floral, and smells like a dozen other fragrances out there right now (mostly like Givenchy Hot Couture). I still prefer the original Hypnose fragrance which is a great oriental fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells like a nice generic floral out of the spray bottle but settles into nothingness immediately. I sprayed myself silly in the store and it was a fairly decent average floral scent but I could not smell one thing on myself a couple of minutes later. I am so tired of these mass market merchandising perfumes that are designed to appeal to as wide a market as possible, smell pretty good when you spray them on but don't deliver any type of sillage or staying power at all. This seems to be the way so many of the retail perfume companies are going. Chanel Crystal au Vert is another prime example.
This is nothing like the beautiful Hypnose, with it's sillage and lasting power and exotic anise-licorice ambrosia. Forget this one. Just a mediocre floral with nothing going for it except a slight nice whiff when it first comes out of the bottle.

on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM

This smells like pee on me. Or pee mixed with a toilet cleaning product. Not my idea of an attractive scent.. It takes yuk to a whole new level. Skin chemistry disaster . Try before you buy ladies because no one wants to smell like a toilet. I hope..