Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Lancôme Hypnose Senses

on 4/22/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is great. I very rarely pay compliments to Lancome perfumes, and I didn't like this one immediately either. I tried for the first time on the tester paper. Felt quite disappointed or rather "Yeah, another Lancome". Next time I was at the Lancome counter I sprayed some on my skin, and in about 20 minutes it opened to a very sensual, seductive, decadent cloud of aroma. I think those who like Chanel Chance (not the Fresh, and not the Tendre, but the original Chance) will probably like this perfume a lot. It actually doesn't have much left of the original Hypnose, which is also very beautiful piece of perfume art. Still, the Hypnose Senses definitely is a successful perfume story.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wasn't familiar at all with Lancome's new scent when I went to their counter for the GWP at Macy's. I browsed their newer scents. Compared to Magnifique, I thought Magnifique was very boring and instead, this was a very interesting, unique smelling perfume without being too strong. I really love wearing it now. It seems original, sensual, seductive and a with a hint of mystery; it does not "scream" the sensual or seductive. It's very nice for evenings out but worn in small doses, also works well for the office.
Notes: top: pink peppercorn, mandarin essence; heart: osmanthus absolute, rose leaves, honey; base: Indonesian patchouli, cistus (vegetal amber), benzoin, tonka.
Christine Nagel was the perfumer and she is very talented. She has also done Chopard Madness, Delices de Cartier, Miss Dior Cherie, Yves Rocher Rose Absolue, Eau de Cartier, Morgan de Toi, Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Fendi Theorema, Lancome La Collection Mille et Une Rose - just to name a few.

Popular Fragrances