Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.3

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sprayed myself with Hypnose Senses at the mall after sniffing a magazine sample which is rarely the way I go about selecting a fragrance.

My plan was to continue with my shopping and if anyone commented on my perfume, I would purchase a bottle.

Almost immediately someone complimented me on how I smelled and so I purchased the gift set (1 oz. EDP + body lotion which is really nice too.)

I love this scent. It really does just blend into your skin and create this clean, warm scent that continues to evolve as the day goes on.

My signature fragrance was Boucheron's Initial and since they discontinued that, I have also liked David Yurman and L'instant de Guerlain. I find that Hypnose Senses fits into that same "floriental" category with perhaps more orange and rose notes.

I really like that this perfume is not as expensive as the above-mentioned scents. I do wish the name was a bit more romantic or nostalgic since this fragrance is both things to me.

I have read many reviews comparing Hypnose Senses to Coco Mademoiselle and I can definitely smell the similarities. However, Senses has less of that powdery tang that is unmistakeably Mademoiselle (or Chance for that matter)--don't get me wrong, I have also worn and loved Mademoiselle.

DO NOT mistake Hypnose Senses for the original Hypnoses (2005). These scents are completely different and it does seem strange that the bottles and names are so similar.

I love Hypnose Senses and hope that I get another gift set for Christmas!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

on 5/3/2012 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I actually didn't expect much from Hypnose Senses, however it's a lot my likable now that I have it in my possession. Though there is nothing unique about it, I find it very wearable when I don't feel like wearing my other loved fragrances.

It's a soft citrus floral, but the scent itself is strong enough for someone to detect. I don't think there is too much to say other than that.

Don't get me wrong, I like this perfume. I very happy with the way this works with my body chemistry. It's not bland, but theres nothing unique about it. It's forgettable, but very pleasant. So this doesn't hinder you from getting compliments.

This is one of those perfumes I wouldn't purchase again, but if it were a gift I would be very very happy.

on 8/12/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really tried to like this but since I first put it on my wrist I felt it's not ''me'' at all, I constanty had the strange feeling that there was another woman somewhwere close to me that smelt this way. Like honey, roses and powder for start. I almost convienced myself that this perfume is romantic and elegant but there was still something annoying about it which I couldn't figure out. I bought a small bottle anyway.
Later I smelt something dirty which is supposed to feel seductive i guess, the draydown was not appealing to me at all... I continued to wear it a few times to see if something changes but nope, I couldn't stand it and gave it away.