Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wasn't familiar at all with Lancome's new scent when I went to their counter for the GWP at Macy's. I browsed their newer scents. Compared to Magnifique, I thought Magnifique was very boring and instead, this was a very interesting, unique smelling perfume without being too strong. I really love wearing it now. It seems original, sensual, seductive and a with a hint of mystery; it does not "scream" the sensual or seductive. It's very nice for evenings out but worn in small doses, also works well for the office.
Notes: top: pink peppercorn, mandarin essence; heart: osmanthus absolute, rose leaves, honey; base: Indonesian patchouli, cistus (vegetal amber), benzoin, tonka.
Christine Nagel was the perfumer and she is very talented. She has also done Chopard Madness, Delices de Cartier, Miss Dior Cherie, Yves Rocher Rose Absolue, Eau de Cartier, Morgan de Toi, Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Fendi Theorema, Lancome La Collection Mille et Une Rose - just to name a few.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a very small bottle of this back when it first came out (a few years ago?) and really enjoyed it, but didn't care enough to repurchase. Last January, though, I was on an Air France flight and one of the flight attendants was wearing it. I could pick it out immediately as something I knew and liked. I asked her what she was wearing and she nearly sheepishly replied, "Hypnose Senses." (I guess she felt like she should have been wearing something more exotic or expensive... anyway, it smelled spectacular on her, like honey and spices.) Once I use up more of the perfumes I have, I'm toying with buying another bottle of HS partially because it smelled so lovely on this woman. It's worth a revisit in my book! I don't think it smells exactly like Coco Mademoiselle, by the way, if that matters to any of you lovely readers. They're similar, but not dead-ringers for each other! If you gave me a choice between the two, I'd definitely pick this.

on 1/17/2010 12:06:00 AM

i have to say when this first came out i ran to sniff it. i always liked the original hypnose, but it smelled so much like 'everything else' I never bought it. i sniffed this on a card and immediately turned my nose up at it. it smelled like plastic and smoke to me.

so, here i was months later - sitting on my couch flipping through a magazine with an advertisement for hypnose senses. i ripped it open, sniffed and was shocked. could this be the same one? maybe my nose was playing tricks on me - either on couch day, or the last time I sniffed it. there was no plastic smell in the magazine strip...

I was bored, so I went to Macy's to find out.

i lifted the cap at the mall while explaining this whole thing to the sales girl. I told her that I prefer lighter skin scents - nothing heavy, overly spicy, overly floral. from the bottle at the mall, mixed with tons of smells and bad lighting - it didn't smell as bad as I expected - but I did smell some "plastic" note....so I sprayed some on a card. I waited. Then I sprayed myself and waited longer. the Plastic-type scent only lasts for about 2 mintues...I was impressed but still - I wanted to walk around a bit more to let it sink in. I bought it within thirty minutes. this is what I was looking for! something unique - something with a bit of patch, but not hippie-ish. something not overly sweet, but it still needs a little to balance out the patchouli.

notes: mandarin orange, pink pepper, osmanthus blossom, rose, honey, patchouli, cistus labdanum/rockrose, benzoin and tonka bean

I sit here even now wondering what the heck an osmanthus blossom is ... but whatever it is, I love it. I can detect the honey too. it's a fresh floral and sensual without being so freakin spicy (sometimes those fragrances labeled "sensual" really smack me in the head with spice!) this is sexy, soft and cozy to me. I really am loving it!

on 10/27/2009 5:25:00 PM

I was kind of disappointed when this first came out as I was expecting it to be more 'peppery' (I like woody/oriental scents) but strangely enough it really grew on me! It's a very yummy, light, floral..It smells like it won't last long but I sprayed a few sprays on myself when I was at work and when I came home my boyfriend told me he liked how I smelled but it was too strong. So just a couple of sprays should do! Since I am not very good at describing fragrances I will say that it smells nearly identical to my favorite night cream..Absolue premium bx!

on 10/12/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very light- not a headache-inducing, in-your-face scent. It is softly seductive as the patchouli comes out on me after a while. Even though it is light, I can catch a whiff of it on my skin after the day wears on. A younger, fresh feel for Lancome. The bottle is very elegant in the larger sizes, but strangely chubby and stubby in the 1.0 size. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it; it was so unelegant! But a very nice fragrance with a slight feel of BBW Black Amethyst or the softer sensual feel of Magic Noire but in a very contemporary, updated, younger, fresher sort of way- draws you toward it!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hypnose Senses is the latest fragrance from Lancome. While I think it is better than their last one Magnifique, I still don't think it's that great. It is very sweet and floral, and smells like a dozen other fragrances out there right now (mostly like Givenchy Hot Couture). I still prefer the original Hypnose fragrance which is a great oriental fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells like a nice generic floral out of the spray bottle but settles into nothingness immediately. I sprayed myself silly in the store and it was a fairly decent average floral scent but I could not smell one thing on myself a couple of minutes later. I am so tired of these mass market merchandising perfumes that are designed to appeal to as wide a market as possible, smell pretty good when you spray them on but don't deliver any type of sillage or staying power at all. This seems to be the way so many of the retail perfume companies are going. Chanel Crystal au Vert is another prime example.
This is nothing like the beautiful Hypnose, with it's sillage and lasting power and exotic anise-licorice ambrosia. Forget this one. Just a mediocre floral with nothing going for it except a slight nice whiff when it first comes out of the bottle.

On me it is woody and spicy, but too chemical. I find it quite ordinary. For me it is very "preppy" and "office-appropriate" and this is not my style. It is definitely a serious morning scent which lacks that sweet deep seducing factor I find in my favorite perfumes (i.e. Lolita Lempicka, original Hypnose, Guerlain L'Instant Magic, Escada Magnetism etc.). Other than that, maybe I would reach for it more often, because it could be an easy-to-go scent for all those ordinary mornings, if it wasn't for the drydown; when I first spray it, it is fresh, but in the afternoon it starts smelling a little bit dirty on me and it makes me want to take a bath immediately. So, it is just sitting in my collection. Lasting power is great as with all Lancome perfumes.

on 12/23/2009 2:13:00 AM

Based on personal opinion this is much too spicy for me. To me and on me it smells like spicy old women. It depends on who's wearing it i guess

on 7/8/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing balanced or sensual about this. Smells like pure alcohol and chemicals - no florals, rose or whatsoever on me. How did this even get released?