Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.2

on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM

This smells like pee on me. Or pee mixed with a toilet cleaning product. Not my idea of an attractive scent.. It takes yuk to a whole new level. Skin chemistry disaster . Try before you buy ladies because no one wants to smell like a toilet. I hope..

on 9/21/2011 7:39:00 PM

It is soft and smells flowery, some fruity. It is powdery very fast during the day and at the end, I smell the patchuli. I do like to patchuli, the powdery smell you feel like a good girl. I have been thinking, even though is good and nice, likable, there are similar perfumes, this is not an unique perfume.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells like a nice generic floral out of the spray bottle but settles into nothingness immediately. I sprayed myself silly in the store and it was a fairly decent average floral scent but I could not smell one thing on myself a couple of minutes later. I am so tired of these mass market merchandising perfumes that are designed to appeal to as wide a market as possible, smell pretty good when you spray them on but don't deliver any type of sillage or staying power at all. This seems to be the way so many of the retail perfume companies are going. Chanel Crystal au Vert is another prime example.
This is nothing like the beautiful Hypnose, with it's sillage and lasting power and exotic anise-licorice ambrosia. Forget this one. Just a mediocre floral with nothing going for it except a slight nice whiff when it first comes out of the bottle.

on 6/19/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ooooo, this is lovely. I'm a floral gal and this is a slightly powdery 'warm' scent - I love it. This is everything I wished Chanel perfumes could be.

There's no vanilla or animalistic notes, which is why I can wear this somewhat powdery, 'serious' perfume without any headaches. The opening and dry down are equally lovely. The opening is slightly pink peppery with a bit of tangy mandarin and honey. The dry down is slightly powdery patch, tonka, nice labdanum and osmanthus blossom (I adore osmanthus). Kind of spicy, but not a true spicy scent.

This works very well for the office as the sillage is average and the dry down becomes beautifully warm and full, yet understated.

This is not an extraordinary perfume - there are many similar smelling ones out there - but I do love it. This is full bottle worthy once my 5ml sample is used up, especially when there's a good Lancome GWP.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First, I am not a big Lancome perfume fan. However, I did purchase this scent. I have tried it at the store and was not too impressed, but I recently smelled it on someone and loved it immediately. It does smell similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but maybe a little lighter. It has a sweet somewhat spicy quality. I think the lasting power is great. I just spritzed in on my hand and met my husband for dinner and he said he thought I smelled good. He loves Narciso Rodriguez and hates the Coco so who knows about him. I like this scent and would recommend it. It has a certain sensual quality. I doubt I will repurchase, but it was fun to try.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hypnose Senses is the latest fragrance from Lancome. While I think it is better than their last one Magnifique, I still don't think it's that great. It is very sweet and floral, and smells like a dozen other fragrances out there right now (mostly like Givenchy Hot Couture). I still prefer the original Hypnose fragrance which is a great oriental fragrance.

on 2/20/2010 1:48:00 PM

The original was a floral with a peppery touch that did not leave me impressed. This one is a shouting, head-on sweet thing on me which is yes, synthetic, kind of unoriginal, mature but childish etc. etc. But it is also a fragrance that has taught me not to be so guilty of my guilty pleasures. I smell exactly like a big pink chewing gum with it and could not dare to wear it to work or anything. Givenchy's Hot Couture and Hypnose Senses are very similar on me, with Costume National (the pink one) following closely - it is lighter. I am more comfortable with Costume National and don't want to accentuate this sugar or sweet business that I'm naturally inclined. Good sillage and long lasting though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like this at all - it smells like bug spray!

on 1/17/2010 12:06:00 AM

i have to say when this first came out i ran to sniff it. i always liked the original hypnose, but it smelled so much like 'everything else' I never bought it. i sniffed this on a card and immediately turned my nose up at it. it smelled like plastic and smoke to me.

so, here i was months later - sitting on my couch flipping through a magazine with an advertisement for hypnose senses. i ripped it open, sniffed and was shocked. could this be the same one? maybe my nose was playing tricks on me - either on couch day, or the last time I sniffed it. there was no plastic smell in the magazine strip...

I was bored, so I went to Macy's to find out.

i lifted the cap at the mall while explaining this whole thing to the sales girl. I told her that I prefer lighter skin scents - nothing heavy, overly spicy, overly floral. from the bottle at the mall, mixed with tons of smells and bad lighting - it didn't smell as bad as I expected - but I did smell some "plastic" note....so I sprayed some on a card. I waited. Then I sprayed myself and waited longer. the Plastic-type scent only lasts for about 2 mintues...I was impressed but still - I wanted to walk around a bit more to let it sink in. I bought it within thirty minutes. this is what I was looking for! something unique - something with a bit of patch, but not hippie-ish. something not overly sweet, but it still needs a little to balance out the patchouli.

notes: mandarin orange, pink pepper, osmanthus blossom, rose, honey, patchouli, cistus labdanum/rockrose, benzoin and tonka bean

I sit here even now wondering what the heck an osmanthus blossom is ... but whatever it is, I love it. I can detect the honey too. it's a fresh floral and sensual without being so freakin spicy (sometimes those fragrances labeled "sensual" really smack me in the head with spice!) this is sexy, soft and cozy to me. I really am loving it!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sprayed myself with Hypnose Senses at the mall after sniffing a magazine sample which is rarely the way I go about selecting a fragrance.

My plan was to continue with my shopping and if anyone commented on my perfume, I would purchase a bottle.

Almost immediately someone complimented me on how I smelled and so I purchased the gift set (1 oz. EDP + body lotion which is really nice too.)

I love this scent. It really does just blend into your skin and create this clean, warm scent that continues to evolve as the day goes on.

My signature fragrance was Boucheron's Initial and since they discontinued that, I have also liked David Yurman and L'instant de Guerlain. I find that Hypnose Senses fits into that same "floriental" category with perhaps more orange and rose notes.

I really like that this perfume is not as expensive as the above-mentioned scents. I do wish the name was a bit more romantic or nostalgic since this fragrance is both things to me.

I have read many reviews comparing Hypnose Senses to Coco Mademoiselle and I can definitely smell the similarities. However, Senses has less of that powdery tang that is unmistakeably Mademoiselle (or Chance for that matter)--don't get me wrong, I have also worn and loved Mademoiselle.

DO NOT mistake Hypnose Senses for the original Hypnoses (2005). These scents are completely different and it does seem strange that the bottles and names are so similar.

I love Hypnose Senses and hope that I get another gift set for Christmas!

Happy Holidays, everyone!