Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.2

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I originally went to the Lancome counter to re-purchase Hypnose because I absolutely love it, Im almost done with my 4th bottle, and I rarely re-purchase fragrances (except T.M Angel) because there is always something new that catches my senses.
Upon smelling Hypnose Senses I was immediately in love with it's light airy floral yet a bit oriental fragrance. It smells feminine and mysterious, the next day after applying I was asked what fragrance was I wearing and I couldn't even smell it, I actually was at first disappointed because I thought it was too light for my liking.
I purchased the big bottle and I believe it was pretty cheap compared to the Hypnose which is like 20 bucks more for the same size.
What I love about this fragrance is that it can be worn all year round and I think it's appropriate to wear to work yet it's feminine and romantic enough to wear for a special occasion date, wedding etc.
Great fragrance, will repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sprayed myself with Hypnose Senses at the mall after sniffing a magazine sample which is rarely the way I go about selecting a fragrance.

My plan was to continue with my shopping and if anyone commented on my perfume, I would purchase a bottle.

Almost immediately someone complimented me on how I smelled and so I purchased the gift set (1 oz. EDP + body lotion which is really nice too.)

I love this scent. It really does just blend into your skin and create this clean, warm scent that continues to evolve as the day goes on.

My signature fragrance was Boucheron's Initial and since they discontinued that, I have also liked David Yurman and L'instant de Guerlain. I find that Hypnose Senses fits into that same "floriental" category with perhaps more orange and rose notes.

I really like that this perfume is not as expensive as the above-mentioned scents. I do wish the name was a bit more romantic or nostalgic since this fragrance is both things to me.

I have read many reviews comparing Hypnose Senses to Coco Mademoiselle and I can definitely smell the similarities. However, Senses has less of that powdery tang that is unmistakeably Mademoiselle (or Chance for that matter)--don't get me wrong, I have also worn and loved Mademoiselle.

DO NOT mistake Hypnose Senses for the original Hypnoses (2005). These scents are completely different and it does seem strange that the bottles and names are so similar.

I love Hypnose Senses and hope that I get another gift set for Christmas!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

on 1/17/2010 12:06:00 AM

i have to say when this first came out i ran to sniff it. i always liked the original hypnose, but it smelled so much like 'everything else' I never bought it. i sniffed this on a card and immediately turned my nose up at it. it smelled like plastic and smoke to me.

so, here i was months later - sitting on my couch flipping through a magazine with an advertisement for hypnose senses. i ripped it open, sniffed and was shocked. could this be the same one? maybe my nose was playing tricks on me - either on couch day, or the last time I sniffed it. there was no plastic smell in the magazine strip...

I was bored, so I went to Macy's to find out.

i lifted the cap at the mall while explaining this whole thing to the sales girl. I told her that I prefer lighter skin scents - nothing heavy, overly spicy, overly floral. from the bottle at the mall, mixed with tons of smells and bad lighting - it didn't smell as bad as I expected - but I did smell some "plastic" note....so I sprayed some on a card. I waited. Then I sprayed myself and waited longer. the Plastic-type scent only lasts for about 2 mintues...I was impressed but still - I wanted to walk around a bit more to let it sink in. I bought it within thirty minutes. this is what I was looking for! something unique - something with a bit of patch, but not hippie-ish. something not overly sweet, but it still needs a little to balance out the patchouli.

notes: mandarin orange, pink pepper, osmanthus blossom, rose, honey, patchouli, cistus labdanum/rockrose, benzoin and tonka bean

I sit here even now wondering what the heck an osmanthus blossom is ... but whatever it is, I love it. I can detect the honey too. it's a fresh floral and sensual without being so freakin spicy (sometimes those fragrances labeled "sensual" really smack me in the head with spice!) this is sexy, soft and cozy to me. I really am loving it!

on 10/27/2009 5:25:00 PM

I was kind of disappointed when this first came out as I was expecting it to be more 'peppery' (I like woody/oriental scents) but strangely enough it really grew on me! It's a very yummy, light, floral..It smells like it won't last long but I sprayed a few sprays on myself when I was at work and when I came home my boyfriend told me he liked how I smelled but it was too strong. So just a couple of sprays should do! Since I am not very good at describing fragrances I will say that it smells nearly identical to my favorite night cream..Absolue premium bx!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hypnose Senses is the latest fragrance from Lancome. While I think it is better than their last one Magnifique, I still don't think it's that great. It is very sweet and floral, and smells like a dozen other fragrances out there right now (mostly like Givenchy Hot Couture). I still prefer the original Hypnose fragrance which is a great oriental fragrance.

on 2/20/2010 1:48:00 PM

The original was a floral with a peppery touch that did not leave me impressed. This one is a shouting, head-on sweet thing on me which is yes, synthetic, kind of unoriginal, mature but childish etc. etc. But it is also a fragrance that has taught me not to be so guilty of my guilty pleasures. I smell exactly like a big pink chewing gum with it and could not dare to wear it to work or anything. Givenchy's Hot Couture and Hypnose Senses are very similar on me, with Costume National (the pink one) following closely - it is lighter. I am more comfortable with Costume National and don't want to accentuate this sugar or sweet business that I'm naturally inclined. Good sillage and long lasting though.

OMG. I got this sample in a recent swap. I like Hypnose but this one is kinda horrible. First of all it is so sweet, it gives me a headache. a heavy floral with a powdery finish, it is so generic and heavy that i want to get into the shower and wash it off.

On me it is woody and spicy, but too chemical. I find it quite ordinary. For me it is very "preppy" and "office-appropriate" and this is not my style. It is definitely a serious morning scent which lacks that sweet deep seducing factor I find in my favorite perfumes (i.e. Lolita Lempicka, original Hypnose, Guerlain L'Instant Magic, Escada Magnetism etc.). Other than that, maybe I would reach for it more often, because it could be an easy-to-go scent for all those ordinary mornings, if it wasn't for the drydown; when I first spray it, it is fresh, but in the afternoon it starts smelling a little bit dirty on me and it makes me want to take a bath immediately. So, it is just sitting in my collection. Lasting power is great as with all Lancome perfumes.

on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM

This smells like pee on me. Or pee mixed with a toilet cleaning product. Not my idea of an attractive scent.. It takes yuk to a whole new level. Skin chemistry disaster . Try before you buy ladies because no one wants to smell like a toilet. I hope..