Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.5

on 4/22/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is great. I very rarely pay compliments to Lancome perfumes, and I didn't like this one immediately either. I tried for the first time on the tester paper. Felt quite disappointed or rather "Yeah, another Lancome". Next time I was at the Lancome counter I sprayed some on my skin, and in about 20 minutes it opened to a very sensual, seductive, decadent cloud of aroma. I think those who like Chanel Chance (not the Fresh, and not the Tendre, but the original Chance) will probably like this perfume a lot. It actually doesn't have much left of the original Hypnose, which is also very beautiful piece of perfume art. Still, the Hypnose Senses definitely is a successful perfume story.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells like a nice generic floral out of the spray bottle but settles into nothingness immediately. I sprayed myself silly in the store and it was a fairly decent average floral scent but I could not smell one thing on myself a couple of minutes later. I am so tired of these mass market merchandising perfumes that are designed to appeal to as wide a market as possible, smell pretty good when you spray them on but don't deliver any type of sillage or staying power at all. This seems to be the way so many of the retail perfume companies are going. Chanel Crystal au Vert is another prime example.
This is nothing like the beautiful Hypnose, with it's sillage and lasting power and exotic anise-licorice ambrosia. Forget this one. Just a mediocre floral with nothing going for it except a slight nice whiff when it first comes out of the bottle.