Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.0

on 7/8/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing balanced or sensual about this. Smells like pure alcohol and chemicals - no florals, rose or whatsoever on me. How did this even get released?

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a very small bottle of this back when it first came out (a few years ago?) and really enjoyed it, but didn't care enough to repurchase. Last January, though, I was on an Air France flight and one of the flight attendants was wearing it. I could pick it out immediately as something I knew and liked. I asked her what she was wearing and she nearly sheepishly replied, "Hypnose Senses." (I guess she felt like she should have been wearing something more exotic or expensive... anyway, it smelled spectacular on her, like honey and spices.) Once I use up more of the perfumes I have, I'm toying with buying another bottle of HS partially because it smelled so lovely on this woman. It's worth a revisit in my book! I don't think it smells exactly like Coco Mademoiselle, by the way, if that matters to any of you lovely readers. They're similar, but not dead-ringers for each other! If you gave me a choice between the two, I'd definitely pick this.

on 8/12/2011 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really tried to like this but since I first put it on my wrist I felt it's not ''me'' at all, I constanty had the strange feeling that there was another woman somewhwere close to me that smelt this way. Like honey, roses and powder for start. I almost convienced myself that this perfume is romantic and elegant but there was still something annoying about it which I couldn't figure out. I bought a small bottle anyway.
Later I smelt something dirty which is supposed to feel seductive i guess, the draydown was not appealing to me at all... I continued to wear it a few times to see if something changes but nope, I couldn't stand it and gave it away.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I originally went to the Lancome counter to re-purchase Hypnose because I absolutely love it, Im almost done with my 4th bottle, and I rarely re-purchase fragrances (except T.M Angel) because there is always something new that catches my senses.
Upon smelling Hypnose Senses I was immediately in love with it's light airy floral yet a bit oriental fragrance. It smells feminine and mysterious, the next day after applying I was asked what fragrance was I wearing and I couldn't even smell it, I actually was at first disappointed because I thought it was too light for my liking.
I purchased the big bottle and I believe it was pretty cheap compared to the Hypnose which is like 20 bucks more for the same size.
What I love about this fragrance is that it can be worn all year round and I think it's appropriate to wear to work yet it's feminine and romantic enough to wear for a special occasion date, wedding etc.
Great fragrance, will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Hypnose Senses has nothing to do with the original Hypnose, which is probably why its garnering negative reviews from Hypnose fans. Designed by Christine Nagel, this 2009 release would do far better under a different name, with a different bottle. Principally a rich, jammy, powdery rose, Hypnose Senses is a soft and romantic scent with enough of the dark and medicinal to please those seeking some depth and majesty. More grown up than Hypnose, this smells like something by Lalique, and conjures up a woman wearing a silk camisole, pashmina and thin-strapped watch.

OMG. I got this sample in a recent swap. I like Hypnose but this one is kinda horrible. First of all it is so sweet, it gives me a headache. a heavy floral with a powdery finish, it is so generic and heavy that i want to get into the shower and wash it off.

On me it is woody and spicy, but too chemical. I find it quite ordinary. For me it is very "preppy" and "office-appropriate" and this is not my style. It is definitely a serious morning scent which lacks that sweet deep seducing factor I find in my favorite perfumes (i.e. Lolita Lempicka, original Hypnose, Guerlain L'Instant Magic, Escada Magnetism etc.). Other than that, maybe I would reach for it more often, because it could be an easy-to-go scent for all those ordinary mornings, if it wasn't for the drydown; when I first spray it, it is fresh, but in the afternoon it starts smelling a little bit dirty on me and it makes me want to take a bath immediately. So, it is just sitting in my collection. Lasting power is great as with all Lancome perfumes.

on 12/23/2009 2:13:00 AM

Based on personal opinion this is much too spicy for me. To me and on me it smells like spicy old women. It depends on who's wearing it i guess

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this fragrance. As soon as I tried it in the store I got the 75ml and have not been disappointed. I've worn it nearly every day since I bought it in July and the bottle hasn't gone down much. I really prefer this to the original Hypnose. It's not quite as sweet to me and a lot more grown up.

It's a lovely fresh fragrance, very feminine and not too over powering. I think it's lasting power is great. It doesn't last all day but 5 hours after spraying it this morning and I can still smell it on me (just). Even though I got it as a summer scent I just keep using it. One of my HG perfumes.

The bottle is lovely but agree with the other review that the style is suits the larger bottles but only a minor thing.

Give it a try!