Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a very small bottle of this back when it first came out (a few years ago?) and really enjoyed it, but didn't care enough to repurchase. Last January, though, I was on an Air France flight and one of the flight attendants was wearing it. I could pick it out immediately as something I knew and liked. I asked her what she was wearing and she nearly sheepishly replied, "Hypnose Senses." (I guess she felt like she should have been wearing something more exotic or expensive... anyway, it smelled spectacular on her, like honey and spices.) Once I use up more of the perfumes I have, I'm toying with buying another bottle of HS partially because it smelled so lovely on this woman. It's worth a revisit in my book! I don't think it smells exactly like Coco Mademoiselle, by the way, if that matters to any of you lovely readers. They're similar, but not dead-ringers for each other! If you gave me a choice between the two, I'd definitely pick this.

on 6/19/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ooooo, this is lovely. I'm a floral gal and this is a slightly powdery 'warm' scent - I love it. This is everything I wished Chanel perfumes could be.

There's no vanilla or animalistic notes, which is why I can wear this somewhat powdery, 'serious' perfume without any headaches. The opening and dry down are equally lovely. The opening is slightly pink peppery with a bit of tangy mandarin and honey. The dry down is slightly powdery patch, tonka, nice labdanum and osmanthus blossom (I adore osmanthus). Kind of spicy, but not a true spicy scent.

This works very well for the office as the sillage is average and the dry down becomes beautifully warm and full, yet understated.

This is not an extraordinary perfume - there are many similar smelling ones out there - but I do love it. This is full bottle worthy once my 5ml sample is used up, especially when there's a good Lancome GWP.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wasn't familiar at all with Lancome's new scent when I went to their counter for the GWP at Macy's. I browsed their newer scents. Compared to Magnifique, I thought Magnifique was very boring and instead, this was a very interesting, unique smelling perfume without being too strong. I really love wearing it now. It seems original, sensual, seductive and a with a hint of mystery; it does not "scream" the sensual or seductive. It's very nice for evenings out but worn in small doses, also works well for the office.
Notes: top: pink peppercorn, mandarin essence; heart: osmanthus absolute, rose leaves, honey; base: Indonesian patchouli, cistus (vegetal amber), benzoin, tonka.
Christine Nagel was the perfumer and she is very talented. She has also done Chopard Madness, Delices de Cartier, Miss Dior Cherie, Yves Rocher Rose Absolue, Eau de Cartier, Morgan de Toi, Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Fendi Theorema, Lancome La Collection Mille et Une Rose - just to name a few.

on 10/12/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very light- not a headache-inducing, in-your-face scent. It is softly seductive as the patchouli comes out on me after a while. Even though it is light, I can catch a whiff of it on my skin after the day wears on. A younger, fresh feel for Lancome. The bottle is very elegant in the larger sizes, but strangely chubby and stubby in the 1.0 size. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it; it was so unelegant! But a very nice fragrance with a slight feel of BBW Black Amethyst or the softer sensual feel of Magic Noire but in a very contemporary, updated, younger, fresher sort of way- draws you toward it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I originally went to the Lancome counter to re-purchase Hypnose because I absolutely love it, Im almost done with my 4th bottle, and I rarely re-purchase fragrances (except T.M Angel) because there is always something new that catches my senses.
Upon smelling Hypnose Senses I was immediately in love with it's light airy floral yet a bit oriental fragrance. It smells feminine and mysterious, the next day after applying I was asked what fragrance was I wearing and I couldn't even smell it, I actually was at first disappointed because I thought it was too light for my liking.
I purchased the big bottle and I believe it was pretty cheap compared to the Hypnose which is like 20 bucks more for the same size.
What I love about this fragrance is that it can be worn all year round and I think it's appropriate to wear to work yet it's feminine and romantic enough to wear for a special occasion date, wedding etc.
Great fragrance, will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Hypnose Senses has nothing to do with the original Hypnose, which is probably why its garnering negative reviews from Hypnose fans. Designed by Christine Nagel, this 2009 release would do far better under a different name, with a different bottle. Principally a rich, jammy, powdery rose, Hypnose Senses is a soft and romantic scent with enough of the dark and medicinal to please those seeking some depth and majesty. More grown up than Hypnose, this smells like something by Lalique, and conjures up a woman wearing a silk camisole, pashmina and thin-strapped watch.

on 1/17/2010 12:06:00 AM

i have to say when this first came out i ran to sniff it. i always liked the original hypnose, but it smelled so much like 'everything else' I never bought it. i sniffed this on a card and immediately turned my nose up at it. it smelled like plastic and smoke to me.

so, here i was months later - sitting on my couch flipping through a magazine with an advertisement for hypnose senses. i ripped it open, sniffed and was shocked. could this be the same one? maybe my nose was playing tricks on me - either on couch day, or the last time I sniffed it. there was no plastic smell in the magazine strip...

I was bored, so I went to Macy's to find out.

i lifted the cap at the mall while explaining this whole thing to the sales girl. I told her that I prefer lighter skin scents - nothing heavy, overly spicy, overly floral. from the bottle at the mall, mixed with tons of smells and bad lighting - it didn't smell as bad as I expected - but I did smell some "plastic" note....so I sprayed some on a card. I waited. Then I sprayed myself and waited longer. the Plastic-type scent only lasts for about 2 mintues...I was impressed but still - I wanted to walk around a bit more to let it sink in. I bought it within thirty minutes. this is what I was looking for! something unique - something with a bit of patch, but not hippie-ish. something not overly sweet, but it still needs a little to balance out the patchouli.

notes: mandarin orange, pink pepper, osmanthus blossom, rose, honey, patchouli, cistus labdanum/rockrose, benzoin and tonka bean

I sit here even now wondering what the heck an osmanthus blossom is ... but whatever it is, I love it. I can detect the honey too. it's a fresh floral and sensual without being so freakin spicy (sometimes those fragrances labeled "sensual" really smack me in the head with spice!) this is sexy, soft and cozy to me. I really am loving it!

on 8/12/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really tried to like this but since I first put it on my wrist I felt it's not ''me'' at all, I constanty had the strange feeling that there was another woman somewhwere close to me that smelt this way. Like honey, roses and powder for start. I almost convienced myself that this perfume is romantic and elegant but there was still something annoying about it which I couldn't figure out. I bought a small bottle anyway.
Later I smelt something dirty which is supposed to feel seductive i guess, the draydown was not appealing to me at all... I continued to wear it a few times to see if something changes but nope, I couldn't stand it and gave it away.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like to scent of this when I first got a sample. Then I decided to purchase it and it was a big disappointment. This fragrance is last only a couple hours(1-2hrs. max) and that's it! I've used so many fragrance from Chanel (Mademoiselle,Chance), Chloe or even Lancome Magnifique and those are last way longer than this.

on 4/22/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is great. I very rarely pay compliments to Lancome perfumes, and I didn't like this one immediately either. I tried for the first time on the tester paper. Felt quite disappointed or rather "Yeah, another Lancome". Next time I was at the Lancome counter I sprayed some on my skin, and in about 20 minutes it opened to a very sensual, seductive, decadent cloud of aroma. I think those who like Chanel Chance (not the Fresh, and not the Tendre, but the original Chance) will probably like this perfume a lot. It actually doesn't have much left of the original Hypnose, which is also very beautiful piece of perfume art. Still, the Hypnose Senses definitely is a successful perfume story.