Lancôme Hypnose Senses

Lancôme Hypnose Senses

3.2

on 10/12/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very light- not a headache-inducing, in-your-face scent. It is softly seductive as the patchouli comes out on me after a while. Even though it is light, I can catch a whiff of it on my skin after the day wears on. A younger, fresh feel for Lancome. The bottle is very elegant in the larger sizes, but strangely chubby and stubby in the 1.0 size. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it; it was so unelegant! But a very nice fragrance with a slight feel of BBW Black Amethyst or the softer sensual feel of Magic Noire but in a very contemporary, updated, younger, fresher sort of way- draws you toward it!

on 10/27/2009 5:25:00 PM

I was kind of disappointed when this first came out as I was expecting it to be more 'peppery' (I like woody/oriental scents) but strangely enough it really grew on me! It's a very yummy, light, floral..It smells like it won't last long but I sprayed a few sprays on myself when I was at work and when I came home my boyfriend told me he liked how I smelled but it was too strong. So just a couple of sprays should do! Since I am not very good at describing fragrances I will say that it smells nearly identical to my favorite night cream..Absolue premium bx!

This fragrance gets stronger as you wear it and not in a good way. The patchouli comes out more and it really gave me a headache. It has a very generic, department store perfumey smell too. I think this is the type of fragrance too that most people would object to smelling in an office setting because it quite strong and noticeable. Luckily, I just got a sample and didn't actually purchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this fragrance. As soon as I tried it in the store I got the 75ml and have not been disappointed. I've worn it nearly every day since I bought it in July and the bottle hasn't gone down much. I really prefer this to the original Hypnose. It's not quite as sweet to me and a lot more grown up.

It's a lovely fresh fragrance, very feminine and not too over powering. I think it's lasting power is great. It doesn't last all day but 5 hours after spraying it this morning and I can still smell it on me (just). Even though I got it as a summer scent I just keep using it. One of my HG perfumes.

The bottle is lovely but agree with the other review that the style is suits the larger bottles but only a minor thing.

Give it a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great wintery holiday fragrance. It is spicy and rich and devolops and grows as the fragrance dries down. I get a lot of happy nutmeg and wearable patchouli but this is not a fragrance for me as I am truly a white floral girl.

on 12/23/2009 2:13:00 AM

Based on personal opinion this is much too spicy for me. To me and on me it smells like spicy old women. It depends on who's wearing it i guess

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sprayed myself with Hypnose Senses at the mall after sniffing a magazine sample which is rarely the way I go about selecting a fragrance.

My plan was to continue with my shopping and if anyone commented on my perfume, I would purchase a bottle.

Almost immediately someone complimented me on how I smelled and so I purchased the gift set (1 oz. EDP + body lotion which is really nice too.)

I love this scent. It really does just blend into your skin and create this clean, warm scent that continues to evolve as the day goes on.

My signature fragrance was Boucheron's Initial and since they discontinued that, I have also liked David Yurman and L'instant de Guerlain. I find that Hypnose Senses fits into that same "floriental" category with perhaps more orange and rose notes.

I really like that this perfume is not as expensive as the above-mentioned scents. I do wish the name was a bit more romantic or nostalgic since this fragrance is both things to me.

I have read many reviews comparing Hypnose Senses to Coco Mademoiselle and I can definitely smell the similarities. However, Senses has less of that powdery tang that is unmistakeably Mademoiselle (or Chance for that matter)--don't get me wrong, I have also worn and loved Mademoiselle.

DO NOT mistake Hypnose Senses for the original Hypnoses (2005). These scents are completely different and it does seem strange that the bottles and names are so similar.

I love Hypnose Senses and hope that I get another gift set for Christmas!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

On me it is woody and spicy, but too chemical. I find it quite ordinary. For me it is very "preppy" and "office-appropriate" and this is not my style. It is definitely a serious morning scent which lacks that sweet deep seducing factor I find in my favorite perfumes (i.e. Lolita Lempicka, original Hypnose, Guerlain L'Instant Magic, Escada Magnetism etc.). Other than that, maybe I would reach for it more often, because it could be an easy-to-go scent for all those ordinary mornings, if it wasn't for the drydown; when I first spray it, it is fresh, but in the afternoon it starts smelling a little bit dirty on me and it makes me want to take a bath immediately. So, it is just sitting in my collection. Lasting power is great as with all Lancome perfumes.

on 1/17/2010 12:06:00 AM

i have to say when this first came out i ran to sniff it. i always liked the original hypnose, but it smelled so much like 'everything else' I never bought it. i sniffed this on a card and immediately turned my nose up at it. it smelled like plastic and smoke to me.

so, here i was months later - sitting on my couch flipping through a magazine with an advertisement for hypnose senses. i ripped it open, sniffed and was shocked. could this be the same one? maybe my nose was playing tricks on me - either on couch day, or the last time I sniffed it. there was no plastic smell in the magazine strip...

I was bored, so I went to Macy's to find out.

i lifted the cap at the mall while explaining this whole thing to the sales girl. I told her that I prefer lighter skin scents - nothing heavy, overly spicy, overly floral. from the bottle at the mall, mixed with tons of smells and bad lighting - it didn't smell as bad as I expected - but I did smell some "plastic" note....so I sprayed some on a card. I waited. Then I sprayed myself and waited longer. the Plastic-type scent only lasts for about 2 mintues...I was impressed but still - I wanted to walk around a bit more to let it sink in. I bought it within thirty minutes. this is what I was looking for! something unique - something with a bit of patch, but not hippie-ish. something not overly sweet, but it still needs a little to balance out the patchouli.

notes: mandarin orange, pink pepper, osmanthus blossom, rose, honey, patchouli, cistus labdanum/rockrose, benzoin and tonka bean

I sit here even now wondering what the heck an osmanthus blossom is ... but whatever it is, I love it. I can detect the honey too. it's a fresh floral and sensual without being so freakin spicy (sometimes those fragrances labeled "sensual" really smack me in the head with spice!) this is sexy, soft and cozy to me. I really am loving it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like this at all - it smells like bug spray!