Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I ran out of my Avon magix ( i wear it mostly alone) Waiting for my new order, This was dollar in the gift section of Walmart. So i brought all three versions.

This one gives my skin a weird overcast. I found it a bit greasy as well. Meh will go to waste.

on 10/9/2016 12:27:00 PM

Not terribly impressed with this primer. Sure, the price is good, but that's about it. I got the "Dark Spot Correcting" formula and I don't really think it actually does much to camouflage dark spots. I try to use it very sparingly since it feels pretty heavy on my skin otherwise, but it just doesn't work. I don't find that it makes my foundation stay on very well and it sometimes balls up on my skin, which makes it really hard to work with. I also kind of feel like it broke me out but I don't have great skin in general so it may not have anything to do with this primer? Overall, I wouldn't recommend trying this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like how smooth this primer made my skin, but it did feel quite heavy. I don't think it contributed any difference in wear time or application for my foundation, other than making a smooth base.

on 7/3/2016 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[1]
This primer has a very interesting consistency and feel. I actually liked how it made my face baby smooth after applying it.

It's a very basic primer though. It doesn't do much for pores or oil control.

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I picked up this primer the last time I ran out of my Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light because I heard it was a similar formula for a fraction of the price. I picked it up in the ultra light formula at Walmart for around $10 (Canadian) and tried it out with my Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. The formula is a lot heavier than I was expecting and I could really feel it on my face. It does a good job of blurring and creating an even canvas but it feels almost like wearing a mask (it's THAT heavy), soon after putting it on I starting getting little bumps on my skin so I immediately washed it off and haven't been back to it since. Thankfully the bumps went away after I washed the primer off but I would strongly advise against purchasing this if you have sensitive skin or if you are looking for a lightweight primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for a while and I do like it a lot. It feels great on my skin and makes everything feel even and soft. It's never given me a breakout and it's quite affordable.

on 12/12/2015 2:10:00 PM

I hate the feel of this primer. It feels heavier on the face than I would like, and it is a very thick consistency. Container is very cute and the price point is low, but you can definitely find a better primer.

on 11/12/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Was skeptical about buying a primer since I have acne prone skin, but I love this. I have very oily skin I have to blot every hour or else I'm super shiny. This instantly mattes my face and allows my makeup to have that flawless professional look. Haven't had any breakouts. 2 thumbs up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this 3 days ago and have been blown away by this little gem! There are a number of options within the Hard Candy Primers, but I bought the anti shine one pictured in the main image on this page. In my experience this ranks better than Porefessional and definitely better than other drugstore brands. Actually keeps oil somewhat at bay (nearly impossible for me), has a great texture (not too silicone-y), and the best part is that it was only $8CAD! Definitely my go to for the foreseeable future.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this product off and on for years. I first began using this product when there was only a small selection of primers at the drugstore. Despite the expansion of affordable primers at the drugstore, I still always come back to this primer. What I love most about this primer is the texture. It has a silicone-y feel to it, which makes it easier for my face products to glide on smoothly. I find that my face feels better and my skin looks better when I wear this primer. It also makes my makeup last longer, and prevents my foundation from getting splotchy throughout the day. The only con I can think of is the special formulas (I believe there's one for redness and one for oiliness) don't seem any different from the original formula. Other than that, I love this product! I really recommend it!