3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is a decent primer if you are slightly oily and want to tone it down. For me (I have really oily T-zone) oils still seeps through my foundation and powder. I do like the texture. A little goes a long way. You only really need a pea-sized amount or else you will be asking for trouble. Although the texture sort of reminds me of the Glysomed hand creams. This provides a smooth base and generally my foundations glides on beautifully. I do think this primer prolongs the wear of my makeup for a little but it didn't "wow" me either. Plus I think it gives me a bit of a breakout situation so I have stopped using it. But if you are not reacting to it I would recommend. Like I said, it's alright but I won't repurchase again.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

The Sheer Envy primer work so good on my sensitive skin for preventing acne. If I moisturize, put this on top, and then foundation I don't experience break outs the next day and my skin looks clearer. I don't know that it makes my makeup last longer but it does make it blend better and look more natural. It's also great to mix with a CC cream and moisturizer for a lighter makeup alternative. I would suggest it for people who like natural looking dewy makeup and are more concerned about preventing acne than preventing oil.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

from

3 years ago

love. its very smoothing. it doesn't keep me matte through out the day, but my makeup looks good and lasts all day. its worth touching up.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

Not bad, it's a weird consistency that I'm constantly going back & forth as to whether or not I like it. Works fairly well but I will venture to try others in the future.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I ran out of my Avon magix ( i wear it mostly alone) Waiting for my new order, This was dollar in the gift section of Walmart. So i brought all three versions. This one gives my skin a weird overcast. I found it a bit greasy as well. Meh will go to waste.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Not terribly impressed with this primer. Sure, the price is good, but that's about it. I got the "Dark Spot Correcting" formula and I don't really think it actually does much to camouflage dark spots. I try to use it very sparingly since it feels pretty heavy on my skin otherwise, but it just doesn't work. I don't find that it makes my foundation stay on very well and it sometimes balls up on my skin, which makes it really hard to work with. I also kind of feel like it broke me out but I don't have great skin in general so it may not have anything to do with this primer? Overall, I wouldn't recommend trying this.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I like how smooth this primer made my skin, but it did feel quite heavy. I don't think it contributed any difference in wear time or application for my foundation, other than making a smooth base.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

[1] This primer has a very interesting consistency and feel. I actually liked how it made my face baby smooth after applying it. It's a very basic primer though. It doesn't do much for pores or oil control.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I picked up this primer the last time I ran out of my Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light because I heard it was a similar formula for a fraction of the price. I picked it up in the ultra light formula at Walmart for around $10 (Canadian) and tried it out with my Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. The formula is a lot heavier than I was expecting and I could really feel it on my face. It does a good job of blurring and creating an even canvas but it feels almost like wearing a mask (it's THAT heavy), soon after putting it on I starting getting little bumps on my skin so I immediately washed it off and haven't been back to it since. Thankfully the bumps went away after I washed the primer off but I would strongly advise against purchasing this if you have sensitive skin or if you are looking for a lightweight primer.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOther, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

4 years ago

I've been using this product for a while and I do like it a lot. It feels great on my skin and makes everything feel even and soft. It's never given me a breakout and it's quite affordable.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral