Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods

Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods

The first thing to say about this fragrance is that its name is totally misleading. I find nothing "dark" or "shadowy," and I find no "woods."

This review is for the body spray layered with the shower gel and body creme/lotion.

Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Coconut, Wild Berries.

Heart Notes: Honeysuckle, Freesia, Frangipani, Mimosa, and Apricot.

Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root, Agar Wood, and Woodsy Notes.

Of the listed notes, I definitely perceive coconut, honeysuckle, blue (?) berries, a lot of mimosa, a lot of frangipani, and a bit of apricot. In the deep dry down, I get hints of musk and vanilla but no woods. I am unfamiliar with agar wood (oud), so I cannot say if I can smell it or not, but I would say I do not feel as though I can perceive any "woodsy" notes in Twilight Woods.

Twilight Woods is a nice fragrance. It is sweet and fruity in a sort of beachy, tropical way; however, it does not smell like suntan lotion. It is not cloying or syrupy. The scent is cuddly, and I think it is a fragrance that can easily be worn year round. It is not amongst my top three B&BW's fragrances, but I do like it quite well, and I find that on certain days and for certain circumstances, it is highly apropos. Anyone who likes coconut, honeysuckle, and blue (?) berries will probably like Twilight Woods. It borders on the gourmand but never becomes so "foodie" to my nose that it feels edible.

Any time I purchase from B&BWs, I purchase the complete set of a fragrance, i.e. body spray with matching shower gel, body creme, and lotion. Layering the shower gel and body creme/lotion with the body spray easily gives me 12 to 14 hours longevity which is better than my significantly more expensive fragrances including my Guerlains, Diors, and Chanels. If your skin and scalp lean toward the oily end of the spectrum, try using the shower gels as shampoos. The oil in your scalp will really lock in the fragrance and add to your overall fragrance projection, sillage, and longevity.

Overall Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 9/10 for the first hour lessening somewhat thereafter.

Sillage: 91/0 for the first hour and lessening somewhat thereafter.

Longevity: 10/10 if layered with matching products; otherwise, 7/10 if liberally applied, which is still pretty darn good for a body spray.

If you seek a fragrance with a strong woody base, this is not it in my opinion. It is nevertheless one of B&BW's best fragrances, so of course it has been relegated to on-line availability only just like all of my other favourite B&BW fragrances including Sensual Amber, Cashmere Glow, Dark Kiss, Black Amethyst, and most recently Agave Papaya Sunset.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I find this formula too strong and like the body spray much more as it is lighter.
I liked this when it first came out now it just bores me.
I can't even use it anymore.
I am trying to use it up as a room spray waiting for fall to get here. As of right now I do not think I would repurchase. It now gives me a headache

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/10/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this. I truly do. This is a perfect musky, woodsy and creamy scent. I can't describe it that well, but you will have to smell it yourselves to know what I mean. My friend had the body lotion and I would slather it on my hands and it's the perfect sweet but intriguing deeper smell. But I'm MAD that BBW is discontinuing this!! So mad!! But it's beautiful, so get your hands on it while you can!!!

One of my all-time favorites. When I first spayed it, I got a lot of fruit and figured it wasn't for me. Soon, however, it mellows into a woodsy-floral with a touch of fruity sweetness. Very good staying power, and the price can't be beat! I hope Bath & Bodyworks doesn't discontinue it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Im pretty picky with scents. And cant do any kind of floral. Floral = migraine, also i like body sprays because they are not as concentrated as perfume. This scent is so nice for fall an winter. Not really a summer scent this replaced my cashmire glow from last year (still like it but wanted to try something new) give this a try if you look for something different

on 10/17/2014 5:02:00 PM

I WANT to like this smell.The packaging is always so beautiful and it sounds beautiful and everyone loves it. I have a travel size and regular size fragrance mist as well as body lotions. I don't know what it is but I just don't really like the smell. It doesn't remind me of walking through woods at twilight.

on 7/26/2014 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I *love* the name & bottle, but the scent -- for me -- is disappointingly too sweet & fruity and not woody enough. B&BW fragrances have historically been mostly fruity, but I've never been a fan of fruity perfumes. Lately B&BW has been branching out into more exotic-named fragrances -- but still, I smell a lot of fruit notes in them -- including in Twilight Woods.

Here are the notes of Twilight Woods:

Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Coconut, Wild Berries.
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle, Freesia, Frangipani, Mimose, Apricot.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanille, Orris Root, Agarwood (Oud), Woodsy Notes.

To me, Twilight Woods smells like a sweet peachy-sandalwood scent. It dries down dusty, musky, and nice, but it's only mildly woody and not really very twilight-y -- not for me. I just never stop smelling the orange/apricot/peach notes -- that's mostly what stands out to my nose, with some sandalwood/vanilla/musk constituting about 1/2 of the overall scent. The drydown has a sort of dusty quality.

I love the name "Twilight Woods", and this is a nice scent but it's still sweetly half fruity, to my nose. Never having been a big fan of fruit notes, I just wished B&BW had marched more bravely into the twilight and into the woods. I like my woods to be deeper, darker, and richer. I agree with the previous reviewer who said this should have been called "Twilight Fruit".

Later B&BW launched "Twilight Woods for Men", which is more like it. It's much deeper, richer, and more genuineIy woody. I prefer it over the women's version. I'd wear the men's version myself (it's not too masculine for women to wear, in my humble opinion), and I'd give it 4 lippies.

on 7/19/2014 12:34:00 AM

I LOVE this scent. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it. I have had the young and old alike tell me how much they love how I smell when I wear it. I wear this and nothing else on a day to day basis. I sincerely hope you love it like I do!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!! I have the body mist, lotion and shower gel and the scent is amazing! It smells similar to BBW Cashmere Glow but more jasmine. This is literally my signature scent and I can't get enough of it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I find this scent to be a good one for winter since it runs a bit on the musky side. I like to wear this when I go out at night. It is a bit stronger than some other Bath and Body Mists but it doesn't attack your nose. I find this to be a sweeter musk and I think that is what I like the most about it.

Popular Fragrances