Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+
Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+

3.0

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide (7,73%), butylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (3%), cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-19/19 dimethicone, barium sulfate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, polymethyl methacrylate, sorbitan isostearate, dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, aluminum hydroxide, trimethylsiloxysilicate, stearic acid, sorbitan olivate, propylene carbonate, talc, triethoxycaprylylsilane, alcohol, oleanolic acid, polyquaternium-51, enantia chloranta bark extract, rice ferment filtrate (60 mg), prunus persica (peach) kernel extract (60 mg), phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, methylparaben, fragrance, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, ultramarines.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I needed a product for those days when I just don't feel like applying heavy foundation products on my sensitive skin. I needed something that could provide some coverage along with skincare benefits. Hence, my search for a great BB cream begun!
I have tried american drugstore BB's but those are just tinted moisturizers that are super greasy on my already oily skin. So I went for the real deal, Korean BB creams. I bought this product on EBay for $7.99. The bottle contains one ounce of product and the packaging is lovely: A peach colored tube with a pump and a plastic cap that resembles bamboo wood. The lettering is golden and the label has a small painting of peaches (so lovely).
As for the product itself, it is a very creamy rather than liquid consistency. Even though I got it in shade #1, it surprised me that the color is very yellow under toned, which suits me nicely but wouldn't work for very pale pink undertoned gals. I dotted small amounts of this all over my face and blended it with my sanitized hands (I've heard warmth makes BB creams blend better with the skin). At first it looked too pale but then it oxidized to my skin tone. The coverage is light for but this is definitely buildable to a medium coverage. After applying it, I noticed it didn't emphasize my dry patches of skin or caked them up, so that is great!
This set to a dry finish almost instantly so you have to work fast with it. What surprised me the most was that even though this has a matte finish for oil control, my skin looks glowy like satin. It is very lovely and I don't feel like I need to apply highlighter with this. Another pro for this product is that it smells like peaches, not the perfume type of smell, but it actually smells like real organic peach puree.
Now, the cons: This product won't hold up on the skin for a long period of time if you have oily skin like me. I use the Peach Sake Pore Serum previous to applying this BB cream and it helps its performance out a lot, but I doubt many people own the serum from the same line. Also, the light coverage makes it hard to create a flawless look if you have a lot of acne scarring like I do, so applying concealer on top of problem areas is a MUST with this product.
All in all, not bad. Affordable and just what I wanted! 4/5
PS: I will continue hunting and reviewing Korean BB creams.

on 11/4/2014 1:59:00 PM

I bought this BB cream because I suffer with oiliness on my nose and cheeks and like light to medium coverage. While the smell of this cream is pleasant and the coverage is nice, its a bright yellow color that doesn't suit me. It is also strangely oily - eventhough it has ingredients that are supposed to fight that. I just tried Missha M Perfect Cover, which is not formulated to fight oiliness and now I know why my face felt so oily and caked with make-up for the past month or so. It got so oily it felt stiff! I'm going to have to pass on this one.

on 6/4/2014 8:46:00 PM

I love the sake smell of this cream, and I love the packaging that combines a tube and a pump. Unfortunately the BB cream made my face break out in painful lumps along my cheek and jawline. The color was also not a match, appearing dingy yellow-gray on my skin. I won't be repurchasing—unless it's released as a perfume/fragrance, in which case I'll buy two! But I still won't put it near my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like this product a lot! It works a LOT better than any of my American BB creams ( i have the Smashbox one, and Maybelline one). The Skin Food near me now sells this in 8 different shades. The color I purchased is #7 Almond Beige, it matches my skin shade perfectly. I love the smell, and the coverage, it's not much but it's enough for me. I would use this everyday, and since school is starting up soon, I'll be wearing it to school! It's light and refreshing. Deff a repurchase!

on 5/31/2011 9:45:00 PM

This is my first product from skinfood and my first BB cream ive ever tried. While I can't compare this to other BB creams, by itself it is just okay. It has pretty good coverage id say, despite what other reviews say. It isn't really that buildable though because it will make you look cakey. Let me assure you, it does NOTHING for oil control. DONT get it if that's what you're looking for. Not only does it not control my oil, the finish of it isn't even matte. I wouldn't say its dewy, but not matte. Also the color is pretty okay, not greyish but a bit too peachy.
PRO's: pretty decent coverage (for bb cream), good color, has SPF, smells great, good packaging, was like $10-$15 on ebay
CON's: did NOTHING for oil control, didn't make my skin matte (the finish I prefer), doesn't last throughout the day, not buildable, won't cover acne scars/redness very well
OVERALL: 3/5. not horrible, not great, won't be repurchasing