Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+

Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+
Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+

3.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide (7,73%), butylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (3%), cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-19/19 dimethicone, barium sulfate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, polymethyl methacrylate, sorbitan isostearate, dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, aluminum hydroxide, trimethylsiloxysilicate, stearic acid, sorbitan olivate, propylene carbonate, talc, triethoxycaprylylsilane, alcohol, oleanolic acid, polyquaternium-51, enantia chloranta bark extract, rice ferment filtrate (60 mg), prunus persica (peach) kernel extract (60 mg), phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, methylparaben, fragrance, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, ultramarines.

on 10/8/2009 5:10:00 AM

I usually use pressed powder everyday when I go to work. My Shiseido pressed powder does the trick and the coverage is good, but I read about how BB creams give you good coverage and has stuff that's good for your skin. Like everyone else, I want to achieve that flawless look, while not appearing as if I have makeup on. That said, I don't use liquid foundation since most brands I've tried before make me appear as if I'm wearing heavy makeup everyday.

Anyway, so I just bought this BB cream from SkinFood, and it's the first BB cream I'm going to try. I read about BB creams online and being Filipina, it piqued my interest since I think that asian brands are well-suited to my skin type. I've gone to different Korean makeup retailers ... Face Shop, Elianto and SkinFood are what we have in Manila. Face Shop has the most inexpensive one I think, but has only one shade (for the Quick & Clean line). When I tried out SkinFood, they had 5 different ranges (Aloe, Mushroom, Peach Sake, Agave Cactus and Gingko) and 2 shades for each. What a variety! I tried the Mushroom, Aloe and Peach Sake ones since the Aloe and Peach Sake ones are good for oily skin, and the Mushroom has whitening properties.

Testing the three variants on my skin, the Mushroom and Aloe (Shade 02 for both) seemed to cast a greyish tone. The Peach Sake one, on the other hand, has a peach-golden tone which looks light the first time you see it, but blends well on my skin. Also gives me a peach glow :) Did I mention that it smells yummy? I'm qute addicted to the smell.

Insofar as coverage is concerned, you will still need a concealer to hide any blemishes, but it covered my undereye circles well enough. I'm also glad that unlike liquid foundation, the cream does not clog my pores. After putting it on, I have a more refined look, with good coverage and even skintone, and the cream isn't thick at all, so it isn't obvious that I'm wearing makeup =)

As far as touch ups are concerned, you will need to touch up your T-zone with loose powder after a few hours. I've read somewhere that the Aloe variant lasts longer. But between the two shades, I opted for the Peach Sake one.

I really like this BB cream! About me NW20 or below, very cool undertones, blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. On me this is a perfect match for my skintone and it made my skin look flawless. I have sensitive combination skin that's oily now that it's warm here. I did not need to blot or touch up this product at all. I only wore it for about 8 hours and I use a setting powder but still that's amazing for me. For me this really did work on my oily skin and it did not fade or settle into fine lines. I am really happy with how well this product works. I would say this is a pale girls BB cream for sure. It didn't oxidize at all and it lasted till I washed my face.

I also set this with Skinfoods Rose Essence Moist Makeup Fixer and this stayed perfect. I'm quite happy with this BB cream. I love how well this controls oil and it gives me a natural look. I just wish this was bigger but for 8$ I don't mind buying a backup at all. I also like the packaging the pump is great and this really worked well on my oily skin. Very happy with this! Recommended.

on 9/6/2015 9:08:00 AM

This is just amazing bb cream. I love Skinfood because they make high quality products with high quality ingredients. I got no.1 shade light beige and it fits my very fair nordic skintone very well and coverage is light-medium it is buildable! Covers redness very well too. Oil control is very good with loose/setting powder (I use Innisfree No sebum mineral pact). This bb cream doesn't make skin look too pale and my skin looks very healthy and feels like satin. I just love this! This bb cream doesn't cost me break outs or irritations, it actually held my little dry spots on my cheeks! I have finally found my favourite bb cream<3

About packaging: Very cute as always Skinfood products have cute packagings and travel frendly, I love the pump, its more hygienic!
Smell: Wonderful!! <3

I highly recommend this bb cream Oily-Combination skintypes!

on 8/6/2013 4:32:00 AM

I wanted to like this bb cream, it smells so good and I love how the color is a bit more yellow toned than pink, which matches my skin better and cancels out facial redness. It looks great for the first few hours *however* it's staying power is really weak. By the 5th hour my redness returns and the makeups flaking around my dry patches. I've worn this with primer and finishing powder as well but that didn't help either. I ended up returning this, my days last longer than 5 hours and so should my makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like this product a lot! It works a LOT better than any of my American BB creams ( i have the Smashbox one, and Maybelline one). The Skin Food near me now sells this in 8 different shades. The color I purchased is #7 Almond Beige, it matches my skin shade perfectly. I love the smell, and the coverage, it's not much but it's enough for me. I would use this everyday, and since school is starting up soon, I'll be wearing it to school! It's light and refreshing. Deff a repurchase!

on 4/5/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been changing bb creams a lot in a quest to discover the perfect one for my skin. I guess most girls do, it's just never enough to have only one bb cream in your makeup pouch. Especially with wide range of tempting bb cream products out there in the market, your hands must be itchy to try them out.

As for now, i don't have skinfood peach sake pore bb cream in my stock. But, of all those bb creams i've tried ranging from kiehl's, laneige, mizon, to etude (and other more brands i don't mention), this one is one of my most favorite and i'm planning to repurchase this again. I guess it's one of the highest performed bb cream i've been using so far. It has matte finish and i guess the coverage is sheer to medium. It covers acne redness and hide your zits quite well. I also found that it helped healing my zits. Sometimes i had occasional breakout and i cover my pimples using this bb cream. At the end of the day, when i wash my face, the pimple is somehow improved, it dried up and calm down the redness of my pimples. It also has lightweight consistency and a bit runny. And it doesn't leave your skin cakey, it just blends well with your skin and sometimes it feels like you don't wear bb cream at all.

I stopped using this product to find a better one, because i thought with such a cheap product i am quite satisfied and i thought buying more expensive ones will give me more satisfactory result. But eventually, i fall back to this baby.

My skin is oily and quite acne-prone, so i must use face products with good oil control. Although the oil control of this product is not so decent, i don't really mind since i usually mattify with a loose setting powder after applying bb cream then i'm all set. My face will be oil-free all day long.

Update: The shade #2 was too light for my tanning summer skin, which is now closer to NC30. I just found newer shades of this bb cream all the way up to #8, which is a super deep tone for African American skin! YAY! I chose #3, which matches me perfectly now!

My shade: NC25
I bought: #02 Natural Beige
Texture: Light, creamy, easily blended
Finish: Slightly dewy, is NOT matte, sheer (max coverage is light-medium)
Scent: Sweet peachy fruit, very delicate and yummy
Oil control: Medium
SPF: 20 PA+

I spent 15 dollars on this at my local Skinfood store in California. It sucked me in with promises of controlling my oily skin while giving me flawless coverage and a natural finish. Since I don't have very blemished/acne prone skin, the finish on this looked great on me since it's sheer. I could see my skin through it and it looked fairly flawless. The color of this comes out looking like a peachy-yellowish color that blends out beautifully and matches my yellowish medium asian skin nicely. It comes in a 30ml tube with an iffy pump at the bottom I'm not really digging. It seems to get stuck sometimes and pump out too much, wasting the product. Oil control is pretty good, it controlled my T-zone for a few hours while I was working in a hot kitchen. I had to blot once today, but it wasn't a big deal. If I'm just at school or I'm cashiering instead of working near the oven, the oil control is great. Again, this is not a matte finish! I can see very subtle shimmer in the cream that is not overwhelming at all. It gives my oily skin a natural, no-makeup kind of look that I really love. I haven't had any trouble with breakouts or any kind of sensitivity to this bb cream. The scent is addicting! It smells fruity and peachy, but not overwhelmingly so. The scent is very delicate. Overall, it's a great cream at an inexpensive price locally, or online. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got it i used it for a while, then forgot about it. Picked it up again recently and thought i loved it. It's been less than a month i'd say and now i have stopped using it again.

I think it gets drying over time yet at the same time it'll break you out if you leave it on the skin for long hrs. It's also kind of uncomfortable on the skin because you can almost feel it on the skin... no more repurchase for me.

on 4/24/2015 1:06:00 PM

Waited a long time to try this.... shipping took 3 weeks!! I have acne prone skin/combination. I didnt like the instant flake it gave my nose and my dry acne spots. Didnt leave my skin oily . Didnt cause any new breakouts.

on 6/29/2014 11:00:00 AM

I think I like the scents of Skinfood Peach Sake series. I've used natural beige shade. The texture is light and soft. The oil control is good but for coverage is not really well. But for someone like natural makeup, I think is good for you.