Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+

Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+
Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF20 PA+

3.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide (7,73%), butylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (3%), cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-19/19 dimethicone, barium sulfate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, polymethyl methacrylate, sorbitan isostearate, dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, aluminum hydroxide, trimethylsiloxysilicate, stearic acid, sorbitan olivate, propylene carbonate, talc, triethoxycaprylylsilane, alcohol, oleanolic acid, polyquaternium-51, enantia chloranta bark extract, rice ferment filtrate (60 mg), prunus persica (peach) kernel extract (60 mg), phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, methylparaben, fragrance, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, ultramarines.

on 10/8/2009 5:10:00 AM

I usually use pressed powder everyday when I go to work. My Shiseido pressed powder does the trick and the coverage is good, but I read about how BB creams give you good coverage and has stuff that's good for your skin. Like everyone else, I want to achieve that flawless look, while not appearing as if I have makeup on. That said, I don't use liquid foundation since most brands I've tried before make me appear as if I'm wearing heavy makeup everyday.

Anyway, so I just bought this BB cream from SkinFood, and it's the first BB cream I'm going to try. I read about BB creams online and being Filipina, it piqued my interest since I think that asian brands are well-suited to my skin type. I've gone to different Korean makeup retailers ... Face Shop, Elianto and SkinFood are what we have in Manila. Face Shop has the most inexpensive one I think, but has only one shade (for the Quick & Clean line). When I tried out SkinFood, they had 5 different ranges (Aloe, Mushroom, Peach Sake, Agave Cactus and Gingko) and 2 shades for each. What a variety! I tried the Mushroom, Aloe and Peach Sake ones since the Aloe and Peach Sake ones are good for oily skin, and the Mushroom has whitening properties.

Testing the three variants on my skin, the Mushroom and Aloe (Shade 02 for both) seemed to cast a greyish tone. The Peach Sake one, on the other hand, has a peach-golden tone which looks light the first time you see it, but blends well on my skin. Also gives me a peach glow :) Did I mention that it smells yummy? I'm qute addicted to the smell.

Insofar as coverage is concerned, you will still need a concealer to hide any blemishes, but it covered my undereye circles well enough. I'm also glad that unlike liquid foundation, the cream does not clog my pores. After putting it on, I have a more refined look, with good coverage and even skintone, and the cream isn't thick at all, so it isn't obvious that I'm wearing makeup =)

As far as touch ups are concerned, you will need to touch up your T-zone with loose powder after a few hours. I've read somewhere that the Aloe variant lasts longer. But between the two shades, I opted for the Peach Sake one.

on 5/15/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first bb cream (bought shade #02) as I've always used2-way cakes and mainly, liquid foundation. I must say i'm quite impressed by this product. Here are the benefits:-

- Non-oily. It didn't make my oily skin worse and I'm quite happy with it's sebum control properties, though not fantastic
- It brightens my face and gives that glow
- It appears very fair on my medium-tan skin on initial application but settles in very well in a couple of minutes
- Coverage is sheer but if you do not have serious blemish issues, just a few dabs of concealer on scars/spots will do
- I've got serious dark eye circles and because the shade is quite light, I didn't need to use my usual eye concealer. Cool!
- Cheap! I bought it for only SGD17.50 online. For this price, it's super value for money

Wished it came in more shades to cater to our tanner friends.

Will definitely buy this product again and again.

on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got it i used it for a while, then forgot about it. Picked it up again recently and thought i loved it. It's been less than a month i'd say and now i have stopped using it again.

I think it gets drying over time yet at the same time it'll break you out if you leave it on the skin for long hrs. It's also kind of uncomfortable on the skin because you can almost feel it on the skin... no more repurchase for me.

on 2/9/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

not bad but not the best face product i've tried; is a bit drying when i first put it on - doesn't give that 'glowy' look straight away like other bb creams. goes a bit shiny towrads mid day [i have combo normal skin, my nose is like an oil slick!].

i have light medium asian skin [about a nc25] & the 02 was fine, did not give a grey caste like the missha ones. i like this better then the missha one for sure!

wears ok, i don't usually powder so may last longer if i do [but it's not shiny when applied so doesn't seem to need it...]. thicker then a tinted moisteriser; i'm not after much coverage so this works well for me.

The pump is a bit faulty on my tube & sometimes nothing comes out. i would continue to use it occasionally but probably won't repurchase as i prefer something lighter.

on 4/23/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Sheer coverage. Did help with the overall tone of my face, but that was pretty much it. Did not last that long on my face either. I really liked the smell and spf factor, but that's pretty much it. Will not repurchase. The Missha Perfect Cover BB cream provides better coverage, even though it feels thicker on my skin.

on 5/16/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I have this in shade 02. Coverage is very sheer but evens out my skin tone and brightens up my complexion. Its not pink or grey like a lot of other BB Creams out there but kinda peachy I'd say. I bought this for under $15 from rubyruby on ebay. It comes in a small tube with a convenient pump. I'd also like to add that this bb cream doesn't do a whole lot though for oil control.

I wear this BB cream to school where I do all sorts of activities and perspire a lot. I guess this is just a generally good tinted moisturizer. It however does not help control oil and sebum and does pretty much nothing for oily skin. I have an oily T-zone and I get shiny at that area at the end of the day. Still, it's a nice BB cream that evens out my skin tone and gives me a better overall complexion.

on 5/31/2011 9:45:00 PM

This is my first product from skinfood and my first BB cream ive ever tried. While I can't compare this to other BB creams, by itself it is just okay. It has pretty good coverage id say, despite what other reviews say. It isn't really that buildable though because it will make you look cakey. Let me assure you, it does NOTHING for oil control. DONT get it if that's what you're looking for. Not only does it not control my oil, the finish of it isn't even matte. I wouldn't say its dewy, but not matte. Also the color is pretty okay, not greyish but a bit too peachy.
PRO's: pretty decent coverage (for bb cream), good color, has SPF, smells great, good packaging, was like $10-$15 on ebay
CON's: did NOTHING for oil control, didn't make my skin matte (the finish I prefer), doesn't last throughout the day, not buildable, won't cover acne scars/redness very well
OVERALL: 3/5. not horrible, not great, won't be repurchasing

on 9/19/2011 8:20:00 PM

Right now this is my favorite right now, and more often than not I choose it over my other bb/foundations/tms. I disgree with others that there is no oil control, but I also wear a primer underneath it. It is sheer, but not invisible, and you'll need a concealer for dark circles or blemishes. I pretty much love everything about it, including the scent!

Update: The shade #2 was too light for my tanning summer skin, which is now closer to NC30. I just found newer shades of this bb cream all the way up to #8, which is a super deep tone for African American skin! YAY! I chose #3, which matches me perfectly now!

My shade: NC25
I bought: #02 Natural Beige
Texture: Light, creamy, easily blended
Finish: Slightly dewy, is NOT matte, sheer (max coverage is light-medium)
Scent: Sweet peachy fruit, very delicate and yummy
Oil control: Medium
SPF: 20 PA+

I spent 15 dollars on this at my local Skinfood store in California. It sucked me in with promises of controlling my oily skin while giving me flawless coverage and a natural finish. Since I don't have very blemished/acne prone skin, the finish on this looked great on me since it's sheer. I could see my skin through it and it looked fairly flawless. The color of this comes out looking like a peachy-yellowish color that blends out beautifully and matches my yellowish medium asian skin nicely. It comes in a 30ml tube with an iffy pump at the bottom I'm not really digging. It seems to get stuck sometimes and pump out too much, wasting the product. Oil control is pretty good, it controlled my T-zone for a few hours while I was working in a hot kitchen. I had to blot once today, but it wasn't a big deal. If I'm just at school or I'm cashiering instead of working near the oven, the oil control is great. Again, this is not a matte finish! I can see very subtle shimmer in the cream that is not overwhelming at all. It gives my oily skin a natural, no-makeup kind of look that I really love. I haven't had any trouble with breakouts or any kind of sensitivity to this bb cream. The scent is addicting! It smells fruity and peachy, but not overwhelmingly so. The scent is very delicate. Overall, it's a great cream at an inexpensive price locally, or online. I would definitely repurchase.