Kevin Murphy Angel.Wash

Kevin Murphy Angel.Wash

3.9

Water (Aqua)(Eau), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-11, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetroil, Polyquaternium-55, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Alcohol, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Superoxide Dismutase Melanin, Ascorbic Acid, Malic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Certified Organic Lavender Extract, Certified Organic Chamomile Extract, Certified Organic Rose Hips Extract, Citric Acid, Ext. Violet #2, D&C Red #33, FD&C Blue #1, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, d- Limonene

on 3/4/2018 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product considering how pricey it was $35.00 for 8.4 ounces. My hair is thick and highlighted I had a very hard time rinsing all the product out and the next day my hair was greasy at the scalp and dry everywhere else very disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is color treated (to cover gray and only ever done at a salon), but in good condition, and naturally wavy, fine and I have a ton of it (thickness not length). I'm not sure if my hair type/texture is out of the ordinary or not, but I don't really understand the negative reviews. Everything isn't right for everyone, I suppose but these reviews made me sad because I love this so so much and I wish everyone could love it too.

I can't live without this wash. I have been using it for about 5 years now and I can't stand using anything else on my hair. I honestly don't know how to explain how it makes my hair feel. It is very luxurious feeling when I lather up with it, but it also just does something to my hair that I cannot find in any other shampoo (and I swear I feel like I have tried them all in the past). I can actually use this wash and not use conditioner if I wanted/needed to and my hair would not be tangled or dry. At the same time it has never left a residue or buildup on my hair like most poos for fine hair do.

It smells amazing to me but to describe it: oranges and roses, but subtle not like perfume. And maybe a little on the earthy/musk side. But I love the fragrance. The bottle is nice. It fits in my shower and I can get every drop out. It lathers well especially for a non sls poo. I love the lather, it feels so soft.

The price is fair for the product in my opinion. I do think (and have discussed this with my hairdresser before) that people who are not used to this shampoo, use way way way too much and it gets wasted (never leave it in a guest bath without a warning!!). The first year I was buying a bottle every month! Now that I know how to use it (make sure your hair is really really wet because it is concentrated) I only buy it once every three months and I have to wash my hair every day not just because I run/workout/sweat everyday but also because if I skip washing my hair (this has been true my entire life no matter what products I used) on any sort of regular basis, I will get a breakout on my scalp. So for me, it is worth the $29.

The thing that is somewhat annoying is having to go to a salon to buy it. But with that being said, I do appreciate that so far KM isn't going to sell out and make an inferior product for the masses. And I met an amazing hairdresser by having to hunt for it so yay!

Don't buy it online, it is likely a shady scam. I have seen it advertised for 3 times the price. Plus, supporting your local stylists helps the community.

on 9/19/2017 1:11:00 AM

I wanted to love this product! The packaging is so cute and practical and it smells heavenly. I have color treated hair with a scalp that tends to get oily. After the first time I used this I had random oily spots of residue. Some of the places that were oily weren't even on my scalp! Tried to use it for a second time and rinsed and repeated (as the packing suggests you might want to do) I used the hose attachment in my shower to make sure I rinsed it thouroughly and it happened again! Complete waste of money.

After washing my hair I swear it made my hair look even worse at my roots. It looked flat and like I hadn't washed my hair at all. My ends on the other hand looked super shiny. Honestly thought it would be a lot better.

on 4/11/2017 1:19:00 PM

I have very fine, blonde hair with just a few highlights for texture. Ima former hairdresser had recommended this product and as i loved the fragrance I thought I'd give it a try.

Long and the short of it: Breakage

This shampoo at least for me is extremely drying yet leaves a somewhat greasy-feeling film on the strands. I've noticed after a week of using it with the accompanying conditioner that my fringe/bangs have started to break off about mid-shaft. Although I'd love to attribute it to diet or lack of vitamins, the only culprit I can find never having had this problem before is the shampoo.

Smells great but definitely NOT worth hair breaking off!

on 1/8/2017 5:33:00 PM

To be honest it was not the worst shampoo that I have ever tried but it was also far far from the best. I found it unnecessary runny and my hair felt quite dry after using it. I liked the conditioner a lot better, and maybe I will repurchase it. However, I dont think the wash is worth the money

This is probably the only shampoo I will use for the rest of my life. I have a lot of long, very fine hair and SLS causes embarrassing break outs across my chest and shoulders. It is nearly impossible to find a shampoo that actually cleans and doesn't irritate my skin, but this one does it. It also smells amazing. The price seems a little high (70 CAD) but a salon size bottle lasts me about a year with alternate day washing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have never spent this much ($28 CAD) on shampoo but never say never. I plunked down the $$ for Kevin Murphy's Angel Wash shampoo because I've been curious about this line and the salon sales staff raved about it, especially for colour treated hair.
I had just gotten red highlights and those of you who have had red hair colour know how challenging it is to keep the colour.

The bottle is a bit odd and not like the traditional shampoo bottles. It has a twist off cap and you squeeze the shampoo you need. It doesn't really lather (it's SLS free) but my concern was not having the red dye wash out in huge amounts so this wasn't a big issue.
I feel I need to give my hair an extra rinse with this shampoo and if I didn't then it felt like I had some residue. However, YMMV.

I did notice that the red dye didn't wash out as much as it did with other shampoos which really impressed me. (I rinse with cool water which helps)
My hair feels softer and the colour is preserved. (I also use a colour depositing conditioner as well)

Would I buy this again? Yes, for those times when I get red highlights as I know it will last me a long time.
My hair type: fine but abundant and colour treated every 6 - 8 weeks.

This product is a bit misleading. As it says it is for fine hair, it really is designed for fine, very damaged hair (bleached). Your hair will really soak up the moisture if it needs it. If your hair is fine textured and and in relatively good condition, this will be way too heavy!! Lovely scent and cute packaging though.

on 12/22/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love Kevin Murphy's Angel Wash (and Angel Rinse). My hairs are fine and can get dry easily so I used to struggle to build volume. I have very sensitive skin and eczema so not all products work for me, but this one is excellent due to the lack of SLS.

I've been using the Angel Wash for about a year now and recently bought a salon-size bottle to try and cut the cost per wash. My friends all comment on how voluminous and shiny my hair is now. I wash, blowdry and straighten my hair every day but hairdressers always comment on how healthy my hair is now. It's great to find a product that really works for you - this works for me.