One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment

One 'n Only  Argan Oil Treatment
Argan Oil Treatment

on 12/18/2016 3:59:00 PM

My hair is always silky after I wash it but in the days following, it looks and feels increasingly more dull, thick and parched. I had tried a bunch of silicone serums in the past but wasn't thrilled with any. Some just coat my hair in grease yet not solve the dryness so it looks oily, frizzy and dry all at once. Others smell too strong and my hair will feel like it has a lot of product in it. And most of them build up in my hair very quickly so it feels disgusting after the next wash. This one does none of the above.

I love the light scent of this. It just smells fresh, clean and lightly powdery. And it feels like there is nothing in my hair. I can just touch it on and my hair instantly looks and feels healthier. It doesn't seem to build up either, at last not nearly as quickly as other serums. I can finally have halfway decent looking and feeling 2nd and 3rd day hair.

I could have saved lots of money on expensive serums had I known this would perform better than them!

My one complaint with this is that the label is misleading. I don't know about this being some healthy and moisturizing argan oil concoction - there's hardly any argan oil in here. It's just a silicone serum, but it's a good one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a bad product by any means. And yet, I'm annoyed by the price. So many oil leave ins are expensive these days without fully disclosing what they really are: cheap silicone.

Here is the ingredient list for One n Only Argan Oil: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100).

Notice how the argan oil is low on the ingredient list and various oils make up most of the content?

Now with all that being said, there are a few pros. I like that this does infact make my hair feel softer. It is more on the heavy side for a silicone serum. Unfortunately that means it easily weighs hair down. But on the flip side - it's definitely hydrating because it locks in moisture and the silicone gives hair a lot of slip. Since One n Only Argan Oil coats the hair rather than absorb. This also causes the hair to appear healthier with shine and softness. (Just keep in mind...those results wash off instantly in the shower since this does nothing for long term results.)

I repurchased this product several times when it first hit the market but now that I have more efficient products, I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The smell gives me headaches, and I'm not usually sensitive.

I get a bit of shine, but CHI Silk Infusion serum controls frizz better. Very mediocre product, and I won't repurchase. I'd rather spend my money on serums that provide better softness, shine, and frizz control.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It dried with shine & little oily residue. I think it also moisturized my scalp, so that my scalp psoriasis was less scaly. It would have lasted a long time, but I knocked it on the floor & the bottle split along one side. Would repurchase a competing brand or repackage upon purchase.

on 12/1/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My hair soaks it up without ever looking greasy. Stops frizziness. Doesn't make hair look dirty/piece-y, just nourished.

on 10/14/2015 10:26:00 PM

I have used many products like this, but this one is my favorite by far!!

This is a nice smelling cone based serum. It barely contains any actual argan oil, so I think that the title is rather misleading. I like it for detangling and adding a bit of shine, but to be honest, my cheap Garnier shine serum did the exact same thing for a lot less money. Basically, you are paying for the nice smell! I enjoy using it, but probably not enough to pay the price they are asking for it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very thick hair and although this did make it shinier it didn't do well throughout the day. Very snarly and dry. I used a sample bottle that came with a flat iron I purchased. I wasn't pleased.

on 9/17/2015 4:50:00 PM

I bought this because my friend swears by it, and told me it smells amazing and does great things for her hair. I bought it on a whim, not bothering to read the ingredients first. I was hoping it would add some shine, tame frizz and treat my dry hair.

First off, the ingredients are mostly silicones! I thought it would be at least mostly argan oil, but nope. For $12 for a small bottle, that's really upsetting. The bottle also claims "non greasy" and after applying just a tiny bit to freshly washed hair, it looked gross and didn't seem to soak in as a pure oil would.

The biggest offender is the smell. Most reviews here ravw about the scent, as did the ladies in the store, but I find the scent nauseating!! As soon as I put it in my hair I wanted to wash it out. I washed my hands 3 times and they still stink of this stuff.

All in all, I'm very disappointed in this stuff, and will not be using the remainder of the bottle. I'll stick to pure oils or the Hask brand of oils.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For you hair this stuff is okay-not the best hair serum I have ever used- but for my skin this stuff is really great!! I know it's probably not the best to use this on my face considering it has all these added bad things, but what can I say?? I mean this softens my skin, helps with acne, I love it!! Best of all it's cheap and it lasts forever!! I know it sounds weird to use a hair serum on your face but if you have dryer skin like me it wouldn't hurt to give this stuff a shot!!