One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment

One 'n Only  Argan Oil Treatment

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a bad product by any means. And yet, I'm annoyed by the price. So many oil leave ins are expensive these days without fully disclosing what they really are: cheap silicone.

Here is the ingredient list for One n Only Argan Oil: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100).

Notice how the argan oil is low on the ingredient list and various oils make up most of the content?

Now with all that being said, there are a few pros. I like that this does infact make my hair feel softer. It is more on the heavy side for a silicone serum. Unfortunately that means it easily weighs hair down. But on the flip side - it's definitely hydrating because it locks in moisture and the silicone gives hair a lot of slip. Since One n Only Argan Oil coats the hair rather than absorb. This also causes the hair to appear healthier with shine and softness. (Just keep in mind...those results wash off instantly in the shower since this does nothing for long term results.)

I repurchased this product several times when it first hit the market but now that I have more efficient products, I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The smell gives me headaches, and I'm not usually sensitive.

I get a bit of shine, but CHI Silk Infusion serum controls frizz better. Very mediocre product, and I won't repurchase. I'd rather spend my money on serums that provide better softness, shine, and frizz control.

To Read all 250 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It dried with shine & little oily residue. I think it also moisturized my scalp, so that my scalp psoriasis was less scaly. It would have lasted a long time, but I knocked it on the floor & the bottle split along one side. Would repurchase a competing brand or repackage upon purchase.

on 12/1/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My hair soaks it up without ever looking greasy. Stops frizziness. Doesn't make hair look dirty/piece-y, just nourished.

on 10/14/2015 10:26:00 PM

I have used many products like this, but this one is my favorite by far!!

This is a nice smelling cone based serum. It barely contains any actual argan oil, so I think that the title is rather misleading. I like it for detangling and adding a bit of shine, but to be honest, my cheap Garnier shine serum did the exact same thing for a lot less money. Basically, you are paying for the nice smell! I enjoy using it, but probably not enough to pay the price they are asking for it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very thick hair and although this did make it shinier it didn't do well throughout the day. Very snarly and dry. I used a sample bottle that came with a flat iron I purchased. I wasn't pleased.

on 9/17/2015 4:50:00 PM

I bought this because my friend swears by it, and told me it smells amazing and does great things for her hair. I bought it on a whim, not bothering to read the ingredients first. I was hoping it would add some shine, tame frizz and treat my dry hair.

First off, the ingredients are mostly silicones! I thought it would be at least mostly argan oil, but nope. For $12 for a small bottle, that's really upsetting. The bottle also claims "non greasy" and after applying just a tiny bit to freshly washed hair, it looked gross and didn't seem to soak in as a pure oil would.

The biggest offender is the smell. Most reviews here ravw about the scent, as did the ladies in the store, but I find the scent nauseating!! As soon as I put it in my hair I wanted to wash it out. I washed my hands 3 times and they still stink of this stuff.

All in all, I'm very disappointed in this stuff, and will not be using the remainder of the bottle. I'll stick to pure oils or the Hask brand of oils.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For you hair this stuff is okay-not the best hair serum I have ever used- but for my skin this stuff is really great!! I know it's probably not the best to use this on my face considering it has all these added bad things, but what can I say?? I mean this softens my skin, helps with acne, I love it!! Best of all it's cheap and it lasts forever!! I know it sounds weird to use a hair serum on your face but if you have dryer skin like me it wouldn't hurt to give this stuff a shot!!

on 7/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

This smells great.. But i defebetly wont be repurchasing this.. I bought it thinking that it was going to be mostly argan oil but it wasnt its the seventh ingridient in the bottle the first six are silicones. Fragance and color .. Real argan oil doeant need fragrance or color to be added. It comes in a plastic bottle which if it was real oil it would come in a draker glass bottle and for the 3.4 oz you would be paying at least $ 30- $40. It wasnt till after i fou d oyt what argan oil and morrocan oil mean argan oil means its mixed with moslty silicone than the real stuff and morrocon oil is mostly oil or its all pure... This would for some weird reason dry out ny hair more and make a build up on my hair i hate this stuff

Popular Hair Treatments