3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

When I picked out this color for my manicure at the salon, I had no idea what the suede polishes were. I just recognized the name as a color from the OPI France collection (2008 fall/winter) and wanted to try it. I was not a fan of the suede effect, but I don't care for matte finishes in general. I couldn't wait for the top coat to go over this so that it would be shiny. With a top coat, this color is really pretty. It's basically brown with bronze/gold shimmer (almost thick enough to be glitter). So, I'm happy with this color when I don't use it the way it was intended. I never tried the original You Don't Know Jacques! so I can't compare.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

8 years ago

I chose this for my pedi the other day. I forgot to tell her that it's a suede color, and not to use a shiny topcoat, but that's ok. It's gorgeous. I feel that even though it's shiny now, it retains some "fuzzy" appearance because of the shimmer. I find this to be a really pretty, low-key, grown up color. I am super warm and on me it looks like a cool brown with tiny golden shimmer.

About reviewer (432 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

Ehhh... Its so pretty and nice looking but it chips really bad and a top coat makes the suede effect go away, just turns a glittery brown... Its ok but too needy for my taste.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

3.0

9 years ago

Ok - got this yesterday and had to immediately put it on. I did NOT use base coat, or top coat for reference. Application: Easy, super fast drying time. 2 coats gave perfect coverage. A little prone to clump if you go over same area too much as it dries so fast. First opinion: LOVE. The colour is stunning, not flat but matt. It appears to have texture. I couldn't stop staring at my nails. BUT after a few hours I took a shower, and after I dried myself off, I noticed that every nail had chips. Clearly this polish is not good with moisture at all. That is it's only downfall, but a pretty major one. Final thoughts - I will wear this again, but with the knowledge it won't last long. It is pretty enough to deal with that fact. Would I buy it again? No. For the price I would have expected more lasting power. OPI are clearly aware of this, as they warn not to use hand cream...(moisture), yet they charge full price?!

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

from

9 years ago

I was very curious to know how this was going to look. I read the tag on the bottle not to use hand cream or top coat and that Suedes don't last as long as regular OPI lacquers, so if anything, I was slightly skeptical. Once I put it on though, I was impressed with how it dried (pretty much instantly!) and it looked quite pretty on. It was shimmery, yet very flat and matte and it appeared as though it would have texture, but was completely smooth. I had a few work colleagues touch my nails out of curiousity ^^. It did chip after only 3 days, but at least I was warned; although, I wish we didn't have to pay full-price for something that won't last as long! Anyway, I grew to actually love the suede/matte look and hope OPI will come out with more of it! On a side note: don't try any matte/suedes with Shatter... it just looks odd! The two formulas do not mix well.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

I really like the color and the finish of this nailpolish. You only need 2 coats to get a nice and opaque layer! It does chip very quickly but with a good topcoat it lasts a couple of days and that's fine with me. Overall I'm very pleased with this.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

9 years ago

I love this polish. yes it does chip easily but I usually wear it with a top coat so I have no problem with it. I love the unique color of this polish. brown with flecks of black and silver. It looks gorgeous with a top coat. the drying time is incredible, it dries in a matter of seconds =)

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I really like this Suede finish and this sort of silvery/slightly purpley warm brown is great for fall. It dries super fast. I just put it on yesterday. The tag warns that it doesn't wear as long as the regular OPI nail lacquer, and by reading other reviews, I am seeing that it chips quickly. At least touch ups will dry fast!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

The finish and texture is sooooooooo gorgeous! initially i was very put off as it says to not use base coat or hand cream. i can't live without hand cream! how can you show off pretty nails with scabby dry hands??! and i can't live without foot cream either... Luckily...it worked for me without giving up my essentials. Foot cream hasnt affected it, it stays on well on my toes. That's for day to day..i doubt it would last long on the beach. As for my fingernails..i always have gel base underneath and it holds ok as it does any nail polish, not amazing with this one but good enough. Obviously i would need to try it without gels to test its true endurance. I love the unusual finish so much will def be purchasing more in other colours.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

The color is gorgeous. Application is easy and dries super fast. I usually do one coat just before doing my makeup and the second right before I walk out the door. By the time I get to work, a 15 minute drive, they're perfectly dry. I do wished it lasted longer. I may try a base coat and see.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age44-55