Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme - Ivory Lace

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme - Ivory Lace

3.7

on 4/5/2012 11:13:00 PM

I still have this after 2-3 years. My mother gave it to me after finding it creasing on her eyelids. I have the same oily eyelids as her but didn't wear as much makeup at the time so I never really used it. I love champagne colours in general and this one is no different. A true pearly shimmery champagne, I love wearing it AS AN EYESHADOW PRIMER!
That's right. I wear another eyeshadow on top of it and it lasts me the whole night without creasing! The combination works so well and I really wonder why my mother never tried this!
I apply it with a clean finger (usually middle finger) and pat it all over my upper eyelids. I then use any leftovers on my fingers to highlight my nose and cheekbones. It adds a glow and makes me look awake, defined and fresh.
The packaging is really nice. Having had it for so long, I'm surprised it didn't dry out but that's because the lid is very airtight. Needless to say, it was very expensive, being Estee Lauder.
This eyeshadow is a great product and will probably last me a very long time, which is why I will not need to repurchase. If I had to, I think I will - only if I have the money to spare! It's a brilliant multitasker and worth the money but I know there are other, cheaper products that are just as nice and can work just as well.

on 4/3/2012 2:15:00 PM

I have been after trying this product for a while. I am a big fan of bb long wear cream e/s and was hoping that this would be a go to.shade to provide a light.wash of.colour on the lid with no further need for powder e/s. unfortunately this application is patchy and uneven using both a clean finger and a.cream shadow brush, very disappointing. The colour is ok albeit a little too yellow for my nc20 tone. I was expecting a lot more i.will persevere with this but I will keep going back to bb l/w cream shadow in bone as my go to primer and base product and the off white colour really freshens the lid up if worn alone for a clean look.

on 11/19/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bought this at John Lewis a couple of weeks ago and have worn it every day in place of Urban Decay Primer Potion. It seems to suit my wrinkly eyelids better, it doesn't crease and provides a perfect neutral, sheeny base for other colours to be packed on top. Love the smooth texture of it and once it's dried (which is fairly quickly but not so fast that you can't make sure it's all over your lid properly and evenly), it stays put and makes the colours you pop on top stay put too.

It's my HG eyelid primer now, great stuff!!!

on 9/20/2011 7:06:00 PM

I own two shades of this, Ivory Lace and Pink Pearl. The colours are beautiful and easy to pair with. It is smooth and easy to apply, and it lasts all day! I quite often use Ivory Lace as highlight on nose bridge and brow bones. When I am lazy or wanted to have a more casual look, I would just wear them alone with eyeliner.

I got this ShadowCreme in Smokey Plum, and I cannot get over how much I love it! It absolutely does everything that it promises to do. I love the versatility (can be used alone or as a base) and that it wears ALL day without creasing! The packaging is awesome and I've had it for about five months now and I haven't even used up enough to start showing that sides of the pot, that shows that little product goes a long way! I would love if that colours came out a bit more sparkly, rather than matte, but thats my only complaint. I will definitely try others shades, and I'm sure I wont be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I thought this would be similar to MAC Paintpots, and that was an error. This 'creamy" "long wearing" eyeshadow is a pretty enough light metallic cream color in the pot. The problem is that I cannot get it to go on evenly on my lids and the color does not look the same as it does in the pot. it seems to grab strangely, patchy even. I have tried it with a brush, with my fingers and both were fails. I was using it with UDPP, and while I do not have any problems with Paintpots when I apply them with it, I thought maybe it was an issue with this shadow. I have used other Double Wear products in the past and for the most part have been pretty good. But without the UDPP underneath this shadow, not only did this shadow still not go on very smoothly, but it creased like crazy in less than 30 minutes. The color ends up being a sheer (in places!) frost that does nothing but emphasize every unfortunate line and wrinkle I have. If "Old Lady eyes" is the EOTD you are going for, then by all means grab this right up! It made my lids like like crushed crepe paper!!!! It is not pretty, not at all. I do not know what went wrong with this formulation, but on me, this was just plain bad. MAC Paint Pots go on creamy and evenly, can be applied more thickly or buffed out before they set for a light veil of color. This was not possible with this shadow and I would not buy it again at any price, which makes the high price tag an insult added to the injury of a crap product. Stick with MAC, or any other brand for that matter.

on 4/21/2011 1:45:00 AM

Love this color and the texture. I can apply over my powdered eyelid easily! This is the most amazing part of this eye shadow. Not very pigmented but gives a very clear, beautiful finish. Also, it stays all day and keep other eye shadows, eye liners in place. Besides, it doesn't drying out my eyelid and under eye area. For paying $14, I have nothing to complain.

My first impression of this product was that the colour was just gorgeous! And it is nicely pigmented and it is high in shimmer, however the nice colour isn't outstanding. The colour also does not make up for the disgusting strange and rancid smell this product has. I thought it was just the sample that smelled like that, but my new product smelled like that too. I managed to deal with it. I use this as a base colour and a primer for my shadow. My shadow does not become more intense when I use this, but this did prevent creasing. Overall, I like this product, it is easy to apply and it looks great when you use your finger to apply. It is an effortless application. I would not purchase this again, because there are so many more cream shadows out there, that don't smell rancid.

on 12/16/2010 5:46:00 AM

I LOVED this product. I had it in the Ivory Lace and the Vintage Violet. It didn't crease, it was glittery, and I had comments about my 'sparkly eyes'. However, after a few days of continued use, I got sore, red eyelids. I stopped using them, it started to clear up and gave them another try because I REALLY REALLY liked it. But the rash got worse again, and it didn't clear up properly for a couple of weeks after I stopped using it. Gutted :( :( :( :(

on 12/3/2010 3:52:00 PM

This is the first step of my morning eyemakeup routine. A quick finger swipe and I have a pale, shimmery base on which to lay my powder colors. On really frantic mornings, it is my only eyeshadow! It lasts all day, gives my powders a long lasting base to cling to and does not crease. For me, it's a dual purpose product and I just love it. It comes with me every where I travel. Works great to highlight the inner eye corners, brown bone. Just a terrific product. My sister got her mitts on it and immediately ( well, she waited until there was a nice GWP) went and bought some for herself.
Though I am 48, my eyelids tend to be oily so this product really works for me. I am a NW 15-20, and blue -green eyes.