3.2

$24.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

BUYER BEWARE! Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo (plus conditioner and mask) made my hair a freaky HOTMESS! I used this and two other products from this line for two months and the build up of silicones and protein forced me to cut off nearly 4.5 inches of my hair. This product made my hair stiff like a straw of hay, frizzy and completely unmanagable while also turning it an oily hot mess. My scalp became itchy and I began to get acne where there isn't usually any. Also the pigments of shock colors do not stick to my hair anymore due to the built-up. Earlier I could dye my hair with them and the colors would turn up vibrant and beautiful. After only few weeks of use, the maintanance coloring did nothing to my hair. Now I have this dull looking red to purple to blue gradient on my hair. Only thing good about this product is that it made my hair smell fantastic but I'd rather have my hair smell like an animal farm than keep using it for that reason alone. Fortunately I only wash my hair few times a week so the built up on my scalp and hair is not that severe especially now that the worst of it is gone. Yet, it only took two months of seldom use to ruin my hair. I knew I should have trusted my instincts. I knew it contained silicones, I knew the marketing surrounding it made it too good to be true, but it only took one great offer to make me fall for it. I hate this product, I hate this brand.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

I bought this at my hair salon-can’t believe they sell this stuff. After I wash with this, I can’t get a wet brush through my hair, unless I use a ton of conditioner. Turns my oily thin hair into straw.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age56 & Over

HairBlond

a year ago

One of my favorite moisturizing shampoos ever and a staple in my shower! I'm a bit surprised by the low rating, but this definitely isn't good for fine, thin or oily hair so maybe that's where they're coming from. For my thick, dry, damaged wavy hair however, it's a total miracle! I have never used a shampoo as moisturizing as this one, its honestly more moisturizing than some cleansing conditioners I've used, seriously! And for being sulfate free, it lathers surprisingly well and i dont need to use that much, so although its very expensive, that makes me feel better about using it frequently. It cleans and removes build up well BUT it is heavy and weighs my hair down a little bit. Thats perfectly ok with me as im always trying to smooth my unruly dry hair. But the great thing is that it does NOT weigh down my waves or pull them out, it seems to enhance and define them instead since its so moisturizing. And needless to say, it smells great. I just love it and it will always be in my shampoo rotation, and now i want to try other products from moroccanoil! This, the original oil, the masks, and curl creams are all wonderful. Side note: like all moisturizing shampoos, it will build up evetuallty if you don't clarify or rotate your shampoos. Especially if you use other products with oils and silicones. That doesn't make it a bad shampoo, you should be doing that anyway! I rotate my shampoos/cleansing conditioners and never have problems with build up. And still, it does a good job removing build up from styling products and such, but over time you'll experience build up with every shampoo if you don't clarify twice a month or so. Thats the trade off for using any formula that isnt harsh and stripping, not just this one.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Ruined my hair. It's too much silicones and fragrances up top in the INCI. It really doesn't condition my hair. After starting to use this my hair was first nice and soft but over time it became awful. Dry ends, greasy on top, lackluster, no bounce. 1-2 days after washing my hair would smell rancid. Probably all the massive amounts of silicone + oil trapped in underneath. I thought my coloring was ruining my hair but when I changed products, my hair recovered. I now make an effort to read the INCI instead of trusting the hype. That's what I do with my face products so why wouldn't I do it with my hair? If you have the same issues as I do although using these products, maybe try something else in between. There is a lady who writes a blog with tips on how to detox your hair from Moroccanoil. I recommend that.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I bought the rose variety of the shampoo and conditioner. Was very expensive and did absolutely nothing for my dry, damaged hair. Big, expensive mistake and now I can't wait to use it all up so I can get something else.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Kinky, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

My hairdresser recommended this shampoo when I was going through a period of extremely dehydrated hair that frizzed uncontrollably. Unfortunately, it fell short of my expectations. After finishing one bottle there was still no noticeable improvement in hydration levels, neither any frizz control. Plus, it was difficult to rinse and it stung my eyes. The most disappointing thing, however, was that it actually weighed my curls down! Maybe it would suit someone with straight hair better, but it definitely did not work for me.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

AWFUL! My friend gave me this because she couldn't stand the smell. As soon as I started using it I noticed my hair was getting really really greasy. My hair doesn't get greasy ever so I knew it was this shampoo. Ill be using it as body wash.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

This shampoo and conditioner used together dried out my hair. I am now trying the hydrating line

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesOther

2.0

4 years ago

Not as moisturizing as expected, very average shampoo. Too expensive

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

At first i was very happy with this shampoo because it did make my hair much softer and manageable from the previous drug store shampoo.....however, after almost finishing with 1 bottle i realized i 'm losing a lot of hair and my hair is also not as soft as when i first started using it. Another thing is that the line is promoted as super moisturizing with argan oil while the oil is not at the beginning of the ingredients list. Along with the expensive pricing, i just dun think it's worth it. Have just tried Live Clean's argan oil hair care line, and it seems to work well too with a fraction of the price and higher content of argan oil. update: come right back to this after using other shampoo/conditioner for two days....without this my hair becomes really rough and frizzy....!! update: this shampoo makes me lose alot of hair....everyday in the shower i found alot of hair on my hand which starting to concern me. I know hair will comes off a bit when you wash your hair but the amount on my hand was not usual, at least 20 strands were coming off. Switched to AG hair care and that didn't happen anymore.

About reviewer (382 reviews)

HairBlack