CLARINS Fix Make up

CLARINS Fix Make up

4.4

WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, SUCROSE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER, PHENOXYETHANOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, ALLANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CITRUS PARADISI FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CITRIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, DEHYDROACETIC ACID

When it first arrived I thought that I'd ordered the wrong bottle because it looks like a perfume bottle, but it’s the right one! WOOW!

I love how gorgeous this bottle looks like, I believe that’s one of the fanciest setting spray bottles I’ve seen so far! And it’s glass, not plastic!

The spray nozzle and how the mist comes out is just so effortless, and even, it’s not a harsh/ too strong mist, which I love because I don’t want to end up having a wet face. The mist should spread evenly and soft, which it does!

It gives an intensely luminous finish once you spray it on and if you wear highlighter, it will make it blinding! I just love how fresh and radiant my face looks like after I’ve sprayed it on + the smell of it is incredible! – Like grapefruit… it just reminds me of a perfume which I personally find very luxurious!

It keeps my makeup in place all day long, and I can feel how it settles into my makeup to hold it together. I live in the tropics where it’s bloody hot! And I just can tell you that I notice a huge difference and that it keeps my makeup on!

Usually setting sprays do not much to my makeup, but with this one, I can see and feel the difference where I would say, I’ll get it again for me it’s worth it, and I don’t mind that it is a high-end product! It works!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This actually works great on my super sensitive skin! Downside is that it makes my makeup way too glossy. If I wear highlighter and then use this, I will end up looking sweaty. Although it smells very good. And everything stays in place. Just a bit sweaty and grainy X)

Not a favourite but I use it as a safety precaution when I do a war-paint for a long night out. And it works. Kinda :7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

it made my make up worse. went everywhere

I don't feel that this has any effect whatsoever on my make-up, although I do like spraying it on. It feels cooling and refreshing. It smells gorgeous. The biggest downside for me is that I only bought it about six weeks ago, I've used it three times a week at the MOST and it is just about empty! I won't be re-purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a try after being recommended to it by several of my friends. I did like it but for some reason it doesn't go on right. It made my face feel somewhat sticky/greasy. I didn't see any improvements in my skin and it just feels like a poor quality product which is very unfortunate because it is such a big name company that I generally like and use.

This is such a massively under rated product if you ask me!! I lived in Seattle washignton for so long when it would ran 350 days out of the year so keeping my makeup on and not smudged was such a mission!!! This holding and staying power is amazing and enhances the look of my face. The best thinga bout this product is applying it before my day and night creams. Makes everything hold and look better. My favorite thing about Clarins fix makeup is the fact that it keeps my face looking fresh and like I'm not wearing too much makeup!! I hate that overly caked makeup look. This will continue to be a stable for me.

I love the staying power. It really is noticeable. One of the better makeup primers I have used.
The only problem for me is that it doesn't work for most of the foundations that I have which is annoying and a shame because it really is an excellent product!

Update review from a year after the first:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!! It is my favorite of makeup primers that I have been using of late. I'm not sure if my skin changed from the first time but I'm obsessed with this primer, especially during these spring months.

on 1/17/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fabulous product. As others have said it gets rid of the powdery look & really sets your make up well. The glass bottle is beautiful too. My only gripe is the price - it's very expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.

on 10/27/2015 8:11:00 AM

I don't understand why, but this stuff actually works. Seriously I think this is some Harry Potter shit because when I look at the ingredients list, it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure whether it's hydrating my skin and making me less oily, or genuinely holding my makeup in place, but I notice a dramatic reduction in oil production during the day.

I am usually a shining beacon of oil by 2/3pm, but with this I can -just- get away with the whole day (maybe a blot if I'm feeling frisky) looking relatively human.

Don't get me wrong, I still get oily. But it is very much reduced when I use this. Plus, it smells like roses! Too bad it's RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and you get a pretty small bottle.

Overall, I'll probably buy it again. It works and doesn't include alcohol so I'm on board :)

on 8/29/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this setting spray! I'm on my fourth bottle. It truly has staying power. A light spritz on your lips also prolongs even the worst lipstick. I also have skindavia bridal spray and although it too is very good , clarins is better. The price is high but it's worth it.