Revlon Eyelash curler

Revlon Eyelash curler
Revlon Eyelash Curler

3.0

Not a bad eyelash curler, at least it doesn't yank my lashes out like some of the others I've tried. At first it was rather stiff and the metal part that sits in front of your eye lid seemed large and awkward. But after a few trials, the curler loosened up just enough to work well. I'm sure it's no Shu Uemura but for an inexpensive alternative you could do much worse. As with many others you do get a replacement pad which is always nice although I'm not sure I've ever seen cause to use it.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this for a while and I love it. I really don't feel like a lot of lash curlers work on my lashes. They are usually too gentle feeling to actually curl the lashes, too much cushion. This particular curler is a staple in my bag.

The strip is still intact on my current one, although the strip has fallen out after 6 months in the other ones I've had.

on 2/23/2015 11:54:00 PM

I use this curler heated up and it works fantastic. It works just ok alone but when you hear it up, it's perfect

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think eyelash curlers are like brussell sprouts........either you like that particular one or your really don't like it..lol

That said, I was pleasantly surprised by this.
I will say the only other eyelash curler I have ever tried was the Maybelline one, back when I was a teenager..that thing was nasty!! But onto this one..

It did a decent job curling my lashes (very good actually, imo), no pinching whatsoever...and my lashes stayed curled at the end of the day, some 8+ hours after I curled them. Very pleased. I only held the curler closed on my eyelashes about 10 to 12 seconds. It worked very well!!

This is very affordable...I would recommend this and will re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tossed this eyelash curler out. It was no use to me and did NOTHING to my eyelashes. They just stayed the same despite me trying my best to curl them.

If you want this to work, it won't. Your lashes will not be curled. If you bought this and are as unhappy as I am, heat it up with a hair dryer until you purchase a new one. That works for me.

on 1/5/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sadly this is the only eyelash curler I have ever used. Up until now I thought they were all the same but after seeing what higher end ones do I am purchasing a better one. This seems to do next to nothing for curling and it pinches a little. I get a curl after going over them tons of times but when I put mascara on, its gone.

I figured this is what all curlers do. Apparently not, its just Revlon's brand and some other cheaper brands that do this. On the flip side, this does last a long time. I have had two of them for 10 years with no loose parts or any damage.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Would never repurchase another one of these. I love my Shu uemura and while looking for a replacement purchased this. I was kidding my self. I am Hispanic with big eyes and this curler always pinches me. In scared to use it...so I don't anymore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Useless. Useless. Useless. Does nothing for my lashes. Buy the Shu Uemura curler. Expensive but worth it.

I've been using the same, not great, eyelash curler (La Cross) for years and years for my stick straight, fine yet long eyelashes, and finally am hunting for a better one. This isn't it. While I find this does do a much better job at curling my lashes, after going over each eye roughly 2-3x, the chrome on the back of the curler has already worn off after about 2.5 weeks and now the metal leaves a dingy residue on the skin under my eyes where the metal rests during curling. Ugh. Hence the 2 rating for the "packaging quality." I never had this problem with the La Cross. The residue that is left behind is hard to remove, especially since I curl my lashes after applying foundation and under eye concealer. I've cleaned the curler just prior to use and it still happens. It's like the base metal itself is transferring color to my skin. I do love the cushy-ness of curler, though. Maybe I'll just try transferring the pad back to my old La Cross. Prior to this I tried an ELF eyelash curler, which I threw out after 3 uses. The pad stuck to my lashes after I curled them and pulled them out each time.

I'm saving my pennies for a Shu Uemera.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools