Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/14/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutly love this pallete. thought it was great value for what comes with it, the colour pay off is excellent and i love all the colour they are all very wearable for me for both day and night time, but i find the fall down with them terrible and my face is always covered in glitter, overall i love it though

on 3/25/2010 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing shimmery eyeshadows! Its paired with eyeshadow primer that seems to last forever (even though i use it daily). Two eyeliners I can't stop using. The package is an AMAZING deal, and I get a ton of use out of all of it.

My only complaint is that the package is big....because I want to take it EVERYWHERE with me! :D

must buy!

on 3/24/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I love, love, love this kit. I can not say enough good things about it. The shadows are super pigmented and really last. I'm not a realy big fan of glitter but do find myself using the kit daily. I will defientely be awaiting and getting the next book of shadows, if and when it happens. The colors are so easy to use and blend for numerous looks from everyday to super smokey and dramatic.

some of the shadows in this pallet are a bit to glittery for me but they are very pigmented and are great with the primer potion

on 3/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

I love this palette. It has 16 eyeshadows which are all very pigmented. The colours are lovely. There are some purples, blues, neutrals and a couple greens. Its great if you have never used Urban Decay before as it really gives you an idea of what their products are like.

Also the two eyeliners and primer potion are brilliant. I had never used an eye primer before until I tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and I must say that now I wouldn't be without it.

The only thing which I kind of find pointless is the top part of the palette. It lifts up and there is a mirror and a little compartment with a "look book" in it.

I guess it could provide you with inspiration but I wish they would have given tips or how to do the look in the book. Instead its mainly just pictures and a comment on how the author likes the look and things like that. I find it rather pointless to be honest.

Overall though I think that it is a brilliant product and I love all the eyeshadows. It is a very pretty palette which I love and would definitly recommend.

on 1/14/2010 6:22:00 PM

Here's my take on the palette

perversion - a matte black. I don't ever wear black eyeshadow, but this looks pretty pigmented. When I swatch it it goes on darker than when I swatched MAC's carbon. If you try to apply it wet however, it'll just let the water sit on top, so I guess its better applying it dry

Gunmetal - a very pigmented dark grey eyeshadow.

Esctasy - very pigmented nice purple colour, has a bit of a pink undertone to it.

AC/DC - a dark smokey purple colour, perfect for a purple smokey eye.

Nylon - this shade is very much like YDK imo. It is a tiny bit more golden, and has glitter flecks. These WILL fall off onto your face.

Sellout - a gorgeous light beige, perfect highlight, goes well with Sphynx ( I wore this look today :) )

Mushroom - people keep calling this taupe, but on me it just looks like a dark grey, with a bit of brown to it. Mostly dark grey and boring though, just can't get it to look anywhere near as good as other taupe shadows I have. Apparently exclusive to this pallette but included in the AiW BoS.

Sphynx - a pretty light pink colour. good pigmentation. Has a LOT of glitter particles in it, again, beware of fallout.

Half Baked - one of the most pigmented shadows in the whole BoS, a golden bronze colour, very beautiful.

Twice Baked - a very dark matte-ish brown. Good for a smoky eye or lining the brows

Midninght Cowboy Rides Again - another gorgeous beige, however unless you have a strong base to keep this together - massive fallout. A LOT of glitter in this one.

YDK - a darker nylon, while nylon is more on the goldy side, this is more on the plummy side, the difference isn't very noticeable though.

Jinx - this seems very pigmented, can't say more as I never wear this colour e/s

Flipside - a disappointment for it. It looks a gorgeous blue-green in the pan, on the eyes it is a very boring blue colour, no a hint of green to it.

Homegrown - a gorgeous gorgeous green, very pigmented, love this shade. Another shade that was meant to be exclusive but for some reason made it into the AiW BoS

Misdemeanor - another disappointment, looks very interesting in the pan, a grey colour with blue flecks, swatched the blue flecks stand out even more, but nothing I do seems to get them to show on my eyelids! It just comes out matte grey, tried different brushes, dry and wet, tried spongetip applicator, nada, tried my fingers in desperation, the flecks just want nothing to do with my eyelids lol.

Took one lippy off for the bad quality of MCRA misdemeanor and the decieving flipside, this looks like the perfect colour for me in the pan but grrr!

Another lippy off for the lie about several shades being exclusive. Whats up with that UD?

on 1/14/2010 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First take: OMG.....NEED...
Second take: There are NONE of the same colors in this one that were in Book of Shadows 1....yay! And about half of the shades are exclusive to this set.
Third take: Hmmmm...even though the shadows in books one and two are different in name, the ones chosen in each set are very similar in shade except for a few.

Over all, this is an AMAZING palette despite the fact that, upon close inspection, this is not SO far from the first volume and I have both. That being said, you should defiantly pick this up (if you can still find it!). The colors are wonderful, as usual, and it is worth having in your makeup stash. I love mine and use it every day!

on 1/8/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is, by far, the best palette I've ever purchased and despite my distaste for at least three, or four colors, keep buying them (I'm a makeup artist so I can justify the colors I don't like). I love every, single color in this palette. I can go from demure, to way out there and especially adore the bottom row of peacock colors. I am in full glory when I put these on my eyes.

As always, I use the UDPP under, and a Coastal Scents Gel Liner, or a MAC Paint Pot over that, to make the color pop (I hate that term. I also detest, "build-able"). The under cover stuff is what makes colors memorable and so gorgeous. You can use them on their own, but they will last so long this way. The small UDPP and the two gorgeous 24/7 liners are a wonderful extra. I'm over 40, and other pencils skip over my wrinkles. Ugh! The 24/7 smooths on and stays put. I do set it with a similar colored shadow, but the few times I've forgotten this step, I've not had a problem and have to use a makeup remover (read almond oil) to remove it.

The clarity of the colors is fantastic. They blend beautifully and never, ever look chalky.

I love UD shadows. I have BoSII and Show Pony and will be looking for more collections with colors I want to own. By far the best shadow out there for me, and that's not a title I give lightly, because I use everything from E.L.F. to Givenchy.

on 12/30/2009 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am in love with this palette and have used it almost every single day since I got it. I got this palette when it first came out and it never gets old because there are so many different looks you can create with it. The quality of the shadows is amazing; highly pigmented, last all day and they blend beautifully. Yes, it may seem expensive at first but when you figure out that you're paying like $3 per shadow, it's a great deal for the quality you're getting. Plus, these aren't little tiny samplings of shadows, these are good size shadows and they will last a very long time. Get it, you won't regret it!!

This was my first make up palette, and the reason I got on a crazy cosmetics shopping spree in the past 2 months. Saw it on youtube first, fell in love and got it from ebay (a bit cheaper than through Sephora).

I love the intensity of the colours - I am a sucker for greens, teals, purples, bronzes, browns. My heart jumps when I try the greens, browns and neutrals from this pallette!
My favorite shade is (of course) one exclusive to this pallette, Nylon, a silvery neutral beige.
I am using Perversion (black) for my brows for evening looks.

You can make amazing neutral day looks with Nylon, Sellout, Twice Baked, YDK (neutral smokey look), and the most stunning evening looks with the bronzes, gold glitter, and intense colours (2 purples, one amazing blue and green, one teal). I love the glitter in Midnight Cowboy, and fallout on me wasn't horrible.

A great palette. Hell, an OUTSTANDING palette. Get it while you can!