Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/27/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

every girl needs this.
pricey both worth it.

on 4/17/2010 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Really like this palette. This was the first thing i ever bought from Urban Decay after reading all the reviews. I use it everyday the only thing i didnt like was the color YDK the glitter falls out alot, and i dont use the 24/7 pencil in bourbon

Words cannot describe how amazing this palette is. BOS II was my first batch of UD eyeshadows, and one has just got to bow down to their amazingness. A year before I got this my friend told me how amazing UD was compared to Dior, Chanel etc... shadows, and being the high end snob that I am, I did not believe her one bit. After owning this, I gotta say that she is totally right, though Dior are still amazing (but pricey). GO UD.

on 2/26/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The e/s colors are very pigmented and there's a good variety, but not a lot of different finishes that are suit for my age group. I mainly use them as eyeliners (favorite is Misdemeanor) In fact most of the exclusive shades are my favorites. I have made some awesome looks but they are a little to much for the kid's bus stop and grocery store.

The e/l are a good intro to 24/7 liners, but I wouldn't repurchase either in full size. Bourbon is not the right brown for me and Zero is good not great, but I already have three minis.

The primer is nice but I've been using TFSI and enjoy it's application much better then the wand. I have not worn UDPP all day, so I can't give a full review on it.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) Swapped away

We don't have UD here in Aus so I had to get it off Ebay. I wasn't sure about it as I haven't seen it in person but decided to get it based on good reviews. I'm glad I did! It is beautiful.
I already have lots and los of eye shadows but this one fits into my collection really well as a lot of BOS II colours are unique. It has a great selection of purples, cool neutrals, warm neutrals and blues/greens. You can create lots of bright and stunning looks with this palette. It might be not my first choice for work make-up but it is defunately my must have for night-time look as colours are really intense and shimmery.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just love this palette! I love Mushroom and AC/DC especially but every color is so rich and wearable except Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. Too much glitter and fallout but even that is pretty. Smokey eyes and nude lips are my passion and I have had so much fun coming up with different looks. YDK and Twice Baked look beautiful together and Sellout is what I usually wear on my inner corner. When I'm in a bluish mood, Jinx is so beautiful with Shattered from the Ammo palette. I could talk about this all night. Love it!!

on 1/1/2010 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you love playing with eyeshadow this will be heaven for you. I personally don't, but it's so good it's heaven for me too. It's really adorable and worth more than it will cost you.
First of all these are hands down the best eyeshadows I ever owned; awesome quality, packed with pigment, buttery soft and perfectly blendable. The shade selection is also excellent; some neutrals, some dark smokeys and some outrageous brights. I don't think there's really a look you can't create with this palette.
You also get two amazing eyeliners, that glide on like a dream. The black one I haven't really tried yet, but the brown one is exactly my shade; bronzey, with very subtle glitter. It'll be probably the first item from this palette I'll run out of. And last but not least you get a small UDPP, which is otherwise unavailable in my country. I'm already a hardcore TFSI fan, but it's great that I get to try a product the whole world but me has used before.
Another plus is the whole packaging idea for me; I understand that it's not the most practical box invented, however I got this rather as a toy than an everyday staple, so I appreciate the whole big, fancy production with the trays, secret compartments and all. Makes me feel like a kid.
All in all, this is a fantastic treat and an ideal Christmas present to self. I think pretty much anyone even remotely interested in makeup will enjoy this a lot.

on 12/19/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My Skin Type
Sensitive, ivory complexion with pink undertones.

Overall
This is a fantastic deal for the makeup connoisseur who loves to play with color -- there is plenty to play with in this palette. I love that it comes with two eyeliners and a small UD primer potion for testing. Very useful instead of cheap makeup brushes/sponges that will never be used.

The Colors
Excellent payoff with all these colors. I was amazed. The only con I see is that there are no matte colors, which means you have to bring your own if you're traveling, which is a bummer but you can achieve many looks with this palette alone. I'm not impressed with the highly frosted (lustre) shadows. They're so chunky it's almost like placing glitter on your lids. LOTS of fallout with these. If you're 40+, this may not be the palette for you because the colors are dramatic and very shimmery.

The Price
Excellent price for everything UD is offering in this palette.

The packaging
Fun packaging. I love the drawer that opens to the shadows, but it's a little temperamental at times. You have to wiggle it sometimes to get it to open, but it sounds like it's an improvement from UD BOS Vol. I. The little insert with look suggestions is kind of silly. It would have been nice to have a place to store makeup brushes or something more useful.

Overall
Overall, I give UD BOS Vol. II 4 lippies (one off for the packaging) even though I probably won't keep it. I'd give anything to have had this 15 years ago. 8-)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette in the mail today and I love it so much. All the colors are so wonderful, the new ones as well as the old ones. Urban Decay eyeshadows are highly pigmented, long lasting, easy to apply, and go on very smooth. Most of the shadows in this book of shadows are shimmery, but the black one (perversion) is matte and some are super glittery like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. I love the travel size of the primer potion because I have the full size as well, but this one is nice and portable for my purse. It makes shadows appear super intense, last longer, and stay crease free all day. The 24/7 liners in Zero (black) and Bourbon (dark brown) are super creamy and glide on very smooth. I have full sizes of both of them, but it's always nice to have backups for travel. Some of my favorite colors from this palette are AC/DC, Gunmetal, Sellout, Mushroom, and Sphynx. I have Mushroom (grey) and Sphynx (light pink with glitter) in the cream shadows and I love putting them on underneath the powder version of the color. I also like Jinx and Flipside, they make great eyeliners for a gorgeous pop of color. This book of shadows has a nice range of colors from neutral to dramatic to bold. It is so versatile that you can use it to create a subtle, daytime look or a smokey night time look. I love urban decay eyeshadows and this book of shadows offers an amazing range. I would definitely recommend it.

on 11/2/2009 5:16:00 PM

I have never owned urban decay products, when looking @ the sephora ws i seen this GORGEOUS e/s pallate I just had to have it. So i ordered it an when it came i couldnt wait to use it.. I just stared @ it 4 awile, LOL. After using the e/s ( use 2 b BIG mac e/s fan)I just fell n love, sphinx is 2die 4!!! not 2 mention the 24/7 e/l an the cute little pp.Alls I can say is move over mac! BEAUTIFUL color pallate, usually when u purchase an e/s pallate they have a few nice shades w just meh fillers, BUT this one ROCKS!!! u gotta get it!! It IS the shiznit of eye pallets!!!! I would def. repurchase! and rec. 2 freinds an fam. I would rate it a 10 if I could!