Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 19-24
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/6/2010 1:29:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette. The best palette out there. This is the only eyeshadow I bring with me when I travel, because all the colors are gorgeous and you can mix & max to create so many different looks. The eyeshadows are very pigmented even without primer. My favorite colors are Mushroom, Nylon, Half Baked, and Misdemeanor! The fact that it comes with a UDPP and two 24/7 Glide-On eyeliner makes it even better!

on 3/6/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This palette was just okay for me. I was very excited to purchase it, but it seems that I dont use it very often. I prefer to use neutral eyeshadows more often and these colors are very metalic or sparkley so I don't get too much use of it. However if thats what you WANT, then this is a great investment. The quality of the shadows are great, I just dont find the palette great for everyday use. I was suckered in because of the fact that its LE, so I don't regret having it in my collection. But, like I said, I dont use it and it just sits there. The primer potion and the two eyeliners are great bonuses! And it is a good value for the price.

on 1/3/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I also got this palette from my boyfriend as a Christmas present, and I love it! I personally am an eyeshadow junkie and I love that this palette contains a variety of colors. Unlike some of the other palettes, this one has colors that are wearable. The only color I did not like is also the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again; it really is chunky glitter. There are some shimmery neutral colors in this palette that can be used everyday. My favorite color is ecstasy, which is this really pretty purple. It's not a color that you can wear everyday, unless you use it subtly, but it's really beautiful.

It can be a little difficult to pull out the part that contains the eyeshadow, but I heard it's improved from the Book of Shadows Vol. 1, so that's good. I do not really use the mirror because I have my own that I can bring up close to my face.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who loves makeup. It may seem a little expensive, but you know that you're going to use it then it is totally worth it!

I have had this palette for about two weeks and I have been using it everyday since. This is the best eyeshadow palette I've ever owned! I am actually excited to put my makeup on everyday. All of the colors are unbelievably gorgeous and blend easily.

Packaging- I love how it looks on the outside..it's white with purple foiled UD logo, but I was not thrilled with the actual design of the palette. Instead of opening the top to get to the eyeshadows, you have to tug on this little ribbon square and pull out a drawer with all of the shadows inside. It wouldn't be such a pain if the drawer didn't stick almost every time I pull it out. I wish they had designed it without that drawer and instead just had the top open. :/

However it's a small price to pay for what's inside! Instead of two so-so quality brushes like last year, we get 2 deluxe sizes of the 24/7 eyeliners in Zero (black) and Bourbon (dark brown with slight gold shimmer) and a deluxe size UDPP!

Eyeshadows
Perversion- a matte black..not the most pigmented black
Gunmetal- gorgeous dark silvery gunmetal shade w/ silver glitter
Ecstasy- pretty medium purple w/ a slight pink sheen
*AC/DC- dark cool purple w/ a silvery sheen (beautiful!!)
*Nylon- dark golden beige w/ gold glitter
Sellout- metallic frosted champagne
*Mushroom- dark shimmering taupe
*Sphynx- pink with rainbow microglitter
Half Baked- metallic golden bronze
Twice Baked- dark brown w/ gold glitter
Midnight Cowboy Rides Again- sparkling pink champagne with tons of silver and gold glitter
YDK- metallic medium brown
*Jinx- a beautiful bright metallic blue (one of my fave UD shades ever!)
Flipside- metallic blue/green shimmer
*Homegrown- bright metallic golden green
*Misdemeanor- dark gray/green w/ amazing teal shimmer

*-limited edition shades only available in UD BOS2!

The colors are all so pretty, very pigmented and last forever on my eyelids without creasing! The shadows blend very well, and the possibilities to mix and match are endless. From neutrals for day, dark smoky eyes for night, bright colorful looks and everything in between is possible with the Book of Shadows Vol II.

Every single color is gorgeous, unique, and very wearble--no ''filler'' colors! Even the notorious glitter monster Midnight Cowboy Rides Again can be made wearable..try patting it on with your finger instead of using a brush, as some reviewers have suggested, or I like to brush some along my collarbone and shoulders then blend it out for a sparkly night out look.

Overall, I think this palette is a must-have for an UD fan and pretty much a fan of eyeshadow in general! There really is something for everyone in here, and if you're not afraid of a little color, you will absolutely love this! I would buy it again and again!

on 12/20/2009 7:29:00 AM

urban decay have done it again. 16 beautifully pigmented, easily blendable eyeshadows, presented in a beautful pallete for 27 pounds!!! the colours are beautiful. the only identical eyeshadow to volume 1 is perversion; which is a matt black. the pallete also has several unique colours which are limited edition to the set. furthermore, it comes with 2 of urban decays 24/7 eyeliner pencils, one in zero (black) and one in bourbon (brown). also included is a mini primer potion. this is the perfect set for beginners because it comes with so many colours, so you can sit and experiment with different combinations for hours. this really is an ideal gift for someone!!