Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/2/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

If I could (it was limited edition), I would buy this again for any of its LE neutral shades. Never used the glittery shades or the black shadows, but every other shade worked brilliantly with each other. My favorite, daytime-safe shades are mushroom and YDK, with twice baked in the crease. Loved the subtle wash I could get with AC/DC (eggplant) and misdemeanor (bottle green). Sphynx looks scary princess pink in the pan, but translates into a subtle pink shimmer wash that makes my chocolate brown eyes pop.

The major con is the packaging. This is the only reason I haven't reached for this palette regularly, and which has me thinking of getting the Naked palette even though BOS II fills my need for neutral shimmer shades. Also I do love the heft of the "book" cover and the peacock pattern, but I've been going back and forth about depotting this into something more portable as the versatile mix of shades are perfect for travel. Ack!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great deal. You get the eyeshadows,liners,primer. primer is the ud biggest seller and their liners are right there with them. This was my first time using eyeshadows from ud. the eyeshadows are very pretty,pigmented,rich, goes on smooth feels so soft i love the colors. The eye liners are awesome long lasting. The primer is the best hands down. Buy it, it's awesome.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just love this palette! I love Mushroom and AC/DC especially but every color is so rich and wearable except Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. Too much glitter and fallout but even that is pretty. Smokey eyes and nude lips are my passion and I have had so much fun coming up with different looks. YDK and Twice Baked look beautiful together and Sellout is what I usually wear on my inner corner. When I'm in a bluish mood, Jinx is so beautiful with Shattered from the Ammo palette. I could talk about this all night. Love it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Got this as a Hanukkah gift two days ago and I am already in love with it. I hope that some of the colors will become part of the permanent collection. Being a huge UD junkie the mini primer potion and 24/7s were a bit wasted on me as I already have them, but it's always nice to have spares. The little look book is nice, but I had hoped it was different looks using the palette instead of the face charts on their website. Most of the looks can't be done using only this palette. However for $3 per shadow with 2 free eyeliners and a free UDPP I can't complain. All in all a great palette that will see a lot of use.

on 11/19/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The colors are very pigmented, easy to blend and smooth as butter! My faves so far are AC/DC and Mushroom. For the price, you can't go wrong. All those colors for $48 is fabulous!! My only gripe is the stupid pull out drawer. I don't need the top part that opens up to a small catalog. I would much prefer the palette to open than slide out. Other than that, perfect!!

on 10/26/2009 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this today as a birthday gift from my sister. I haven't had a change to play with the eye pencils yet but the shadows are amazing. Very pigmented and UDPP is included. The only sad thing about this set is that some of the colors in it are exclusive to this pallette. Like sphynx (beautiful pink) which I love.This palette gives you the tools to make a nice day look or something much bolder.
Udate 10/28
I put these shadows through the 12hr shift test. With the primer they lasted 12hrs without they don't stay on more than a few hours. If this kit didn't include primer I would take away a lippie