Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/5/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first Urban Decay purchase and I absolutely love this palette! You can create so many looks with just this palette whether it be a heavy night look or a simple everyday look. This is my absolute favorite palette! All the colors are gorgeous!

on 4/27/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

every girl needs this.
pricey both worth it.

Words cannot describe how amazing this palette is. BOS II was my first batch of UD eyeshadows, and one has just got to bow down to their amazingness. A year before I got this my friend told me how amazing UD was compared to Dior, Chanel etc... shadows, and being the high end snob that I am, I did not believe her one bit. After owning this, I gotta say that she is totally right, though Dior are still amazing (but pricey). GO UD.

on 3/24/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I missed out on the first Urban Decay book of shadows Vol 1 so when i heard Vol 2 came out i rushed to Sephora to buy it. It is such an amazing Pallete with gorgeous colors and pigmentation. Blends great. I love that it came with a little Urban Decay Primer Potion and the eyeliners. I gave it 4 lippies because i wish there was more matte colors. I am not a fan of all shimmer. Great buy.

on 3/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

I love this palette. It has 16 eyeshadows which are all very pigmented. The colours are lovely. There are some purples, blues, neutrals and a couple greens. Its great if you have never used Urban Decay before as it really gives you an idea of what their products are like.

Also the two eyeliners and primer potion are brilliant. I had never used an eye primer before until I tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and I must say that now I wouldn't be without it.

The only thing which I kind of find pointless is the top part of the palette. It lifts up and there is a mirror and a little compartment with a "look book" in it.

I guess it could provide you with inspiration but I wish they would have given tips or how to do the look in the book. Instead its mainly just pictures and a comment on how the author likes the look and things like that. I find it rather pointless to be honest.

Overall though I think that it is a brilliant product and I love all the eyeshadows. It is a very pretty palette which I love and would definitly recommend.

on 3/5/2010 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

If you're new to shadows or makeup, I cannot recommend this product highly enough. You get 16 shadows, in sizes large enough to last you for a couple of years at least, and 2 eyeliners, plus a small UDPP!
The colours are highly pigmented, blendable, and soft. Some of them are a bit too glittery for everyday use, but there are some matte and frost finishes in the palette. There is also a good mix of neutral colours (twice baked, sellout, half baked) and vibrant ones (ACDC, midnight cowboy, flipside) so that you can use the palette for many different looks.
Overall, I am very pleased with the product but I wish the packaging was more practical. It's a bit too bulky for my liking; bulkier than it needs to be, at any rate.
=D

on 2/14/2010 3:01:00 PM

I use this palette for everything! the color selection is so amazing. I love it! I wear this palette for daytime and use the brown and beige colors and for night time I use the purples and blues and black for when I'm going out. I swear the looks you can create are endless. and the quality is pretty good too. some other palettes who shall remain anonymous are so cheap! like chalky and non-pigmented. but this is different. I think that it could use more color but with the primer potion thats supplied, this is easily fixed. they give you 2 great eyeliners in zero (black) and bourbon (a shimmery brown) its a lil expensive but for everything they give you, its more than worth it. unfortunately it's limited edition so if you didn't get it before, i guess we can hope for volume 3 which i hope is just as good and maybe better! some more greens would be nice :)

We don't have UD here in Aus so I had to get it off Ebay. I wasn't sure about it as I haven't seen it in person but decided to get it based on good reviews. I'm glad I did! It is beautiful.
I already have lots and los of eye shadows but this one fits into my collection really well as a lot of BOS II colours are unique. It has a great selection of purples, cool neutrals, warm neutrals and blues/greens. You can create lots of bright and stunning looks with this palette. It might be not my first choice for work make-up but it is defunately my must have for night-time look as colours are really intense and shimmery.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette i think is an amazing deals, I've used all the colours and the liners are amazing, its great taht they include those with the set. It actually prompted me to buy the full size burbon. When I first got this seeing all the blues greens and cool tones, I was worried I might not be using it very often, but I discovered so many different eye looks, this palette can provide a nice blue eye, smokey or even neutral. I actually have a neutral look I do with this palettes which is my fav! when I'm to lazy to think up a look I place sell out on the lid used YDK on the crease and twice backed on the outer corner, its love!! and so is this palette=)

on 1/17/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette. This is the first actual makeup item I got from Urban Decay other than the primer potion. It has great quality eyeshadows, and most of it is shimmer which I love. It's perfect for everyday or for going out. The only one I may have a problem is the super glittery one called midnight cowboy rides again. I have to use the shade before foundation so I don't end up with glitter all over my face. I love it and it's got me swapping some of my other single shadows away because it's very convenient and cost effective per shadow in this economy. About half the palette is neutral shades which is great because I can use it for work 5 days a weeks and the rest for weekends or special events.

Packaging could be more travel friendly so I can take it everywhere with me instead of a bulky cardboard palette I leave at home.