Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I still have this palette, and I do use it regularly and I do love it, but I can't help but take off a lippy because the packaging for all of the Book of Shadows palettes is TERRIBLE. The slide out packaging rather than the snap open and shut packaging is frustrating, and having all those empty spots for the eyeliners and the Primer Potion annoyed me. I depotted my shadows 'cause I hated the packaging so much.

I do love the colors, aside from the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again glitterbomb, and still use them now. The quality of these shadows hasn't lasted as well as I'd like - Sphynx barely shows even with primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love all of the colors in this palette. As, there is a great mix of eyeshadows that offers great eyeshadows to wear for daytime or night.
And, if you apply the UDPP before application, these eyeshadows will remain budgeproof until you take them off!

on 12/19/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My Skin Type
Sensitive, ivory complexion with pink undertones.

Overall
This is a fantastic deal for the makeup connoisseur who loves to play with color -- there is plenty to play with in this palette. I love that it comes with two eyeliners and a small UD primer potion for testing. Very useful instead of cheap makeup brushes/sponges that will never be used.

The Colors
Excellent payoff with all these colors. I was amazed. The only con I see is that there are no matte colors, which means you have to bring your own if you're traveling, which is a bummer but you can achieve many looks with this palette alone. I'm not impressed with the highly frosted (lustre) shadows. They're so chunky it's almost like placing glitter on your lids. LOTS of fallout with these. If you're 40+, this may not be the palette for you because the colors are dramatic and very shimmery.

The Price
Excellent price for everything UD is offering in this palette.

The packaging
Fun packaging. I love the drawer that opens to the shadows, but it's a little temperamental at times. You have to wiggle it sometimes to get it to open, but it sounds like it's an improvement from UD BOS Vol. I. The little insert with look suggestions is kind of silly. It would have been nice to have a place to store makeup brushes or something more useful.

Overall
Overall, I give UD BOS Vol. II 4 lippies (one off for the packaging) even though I probably won't keep it. I'd give anything to have had this 15 years ago. 8-)

on 11/22/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week now, and I can't fathom not using this at least a few times a week, even though I have other eyeshadow palettes that I love. I tend to use neutrals, purples and greens quite a bit, so this set was perfect. Still don't like the glitter mess that is Midnight Cowboy et al, but I can't seem to get away from that in any of the palettes. I already have a big tube of the UDPP, but the little one is good for traveling, and I'm happy to have another of their 24/7 eyeliner in Zero. I'm finding the Urban Decay shadows to be smooth, well-pigmented, easy to blend, and long-lasting. This palette also seems to be the best value for the money compared to all the other UD palettes (disregarding the extras, it comes to $3 per 0.03 oz of color).

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this pallate because it contains all the tools you'd need to create neutrals, and fun looks, also includes a black and brown eyeliner along with primer. The only color I don't particularly care for is the 'Midnight Cowboy rides again' because it's too glittery for my taste. Also, the liners are not as good as I expected them to be; which is the main reason I bought the pallate. However, I don't regret buying this, it's well worth the 50 dollars.

on 10/15/2009 6:51:00 PM

The Book of Shadows II is gorgeous. It's a thing of beauty. The LE shade Jinx blew me away. SO pigmented. I also love the LE AC/DC, Homegrown and Misdemeanor. The liners of course we already know to rock, and the tiny UDPP is absolutely darling and probably as much as I'd use in a year since I only apply a raindrop per eye. All the shadows are wonderful - the only mark against it is the hateful Midnight Cowboy Rides Again e/s which is like glitter packed in a pan with a bit of binder. Overall I recommend it.