Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 19-24
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/14/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutly love this pallete. thought it was great value for what comes with it, the colour pay off is excellent and i love all the colour they are all very wearable for me for both day and night time, but i find the fall down with them terrible and my face is always covered in glitter, overall i love it though

on 5/5/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first Urban Decay purchase and I absolutely love this palette! You can create so many looks with just this palette whether it be a heavy night look or a simple everyday look. This is my absolute favorite palette! All the colors are gorgeous!

on 4/27/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

every girl needs this.
pricey both worth it.

on 2/17/2010 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

For a very long time I couldn’t made up my mind whether to purchase it or not, but right now I think it’s the best make-up purchase I’ve made so far. This palette is absolutely amazing and it really got me interersted into Urban Decay makeup. The staying power is great, especially with the primer. The texture of the eyeshadows is just as I like it - very soft, almost creamy. They are even better than Sisley eyeshadows, and they are much cheaper.

BOS2 contains 16 eyeshadows (seven of which are exclusive to this palette) – each is 0.03oz/0.8g; two 24/7 eye-pencils in Bourbon (bronze brown) and Zero (black) – each is 0.03oz/0.8g and mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion (0.13fl.oz/3.7ml).

The exclusive shades are AC/DC, Nylon, Mushroom, Sphynx, Jinx, Homegrown and Misdemeanor.

I really like the shades they’ve decided to put in: first three rows are practically all neutral nuances, while the last row offers slightly edgy shades.

THE SHADES (the swatches of the eyeshadows can be seen in my profile pictures. The eyeshadows are applied very lightly, so the colours are not as vibrant as they are when applied over the primer):

Perversion – matte black. I’m not really a fan of matte eyeshadows and the pigmentation is comparable to one of my very cheap d/s eyeshadow which is a bit disappointing. 2/5

Gunmetal – shimmery gray with slight glitter. I really like this shade, it is a warmer gray and it really sutis me. 5/5

Ectasy – shimmery medium dark lilac. 4/5

AC/DC – this is true lavender (purplish gray) and one of my favourites in this palette 5/5

Nylon – medium dark beige with glitter 5/5

Sellout – shimmery champagne beige. Good for highlighting. 5/5

Mushroom – shimmery taupe. Another of my favourites 5/5

Sphynx – pink with glitter. This is the most pigmented light pink I’ve ever seen. Whan I got the palette, I thought it was shimmery, but when I removed top layer of the shadow, I realized that it is packed with glitter (in various colours – blue, green, gold…), although not as much as MCRA. 5/5

Half Baked – shimmery gold. 5/5

Twice Baked – dark brown with glitter,but the glitter is barely obvious
Midnight Cowboy Rides Again – light beige full of glitter. Well, it’s actually gold and silver glitter. There is glitter fallout, but I still like how it looks when I apply only small amouunt. 4/5

YDK – shade is a bit lighter than nylon and more shimmery 5/5

Jinx – shimmery turquoise.Such shade is not something I would usually wear, but it’s good to have it in my stash to use it when I get bored with neutrals.5/5

Flipside – shimmery blueish green. It is too cold to work with my complexion.4/5

Homegrown – real green with shimmer. 5/5

Misdemeanor – dirty black with green sheen. This is one of the shadows which disappointed me most. When I saw it on the on-line swatches, I thought it would be my favourite, but in fact it’s nothing special and it’s very difficult to work with this colour. 2/5

Eyepencils are also wonderful. They are extemely soft, very longwearing and do not smudge(keep in mind that I haven’t tried them on the waterline, because I don’t wear eyeliner there). The pigmentation is wonderful – I just need to touch the skin with the pencil and it leaves a well-pigmented line. Zero is black and Bourbon is bronzey brown with very tiny goldish glitter. The pencils are my new HG.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion is another hit, and now I find it wonderful, but I want to test it during summer to give my final grade.

There is also a small booklet which can be found after opening the top cover whith mirror (which is nothing special). There are some very good looks, but I wish it included some step-by-step instructions. They claim there that the instructions can be seen on their web-page, so I checked it, but there were instructions for only one of the looks.
The packaging is cute, but very unpractical. The shadows are in a carboard pull-out drawer which doesn’t slide smoothly. In spite of this, BOS2 is a great value and favourite part of my stash.

on 1/16/2010 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this palette.
First off, with Urban Decay you know you're going to get some eyeshadows with glitter in their palettes. I really don't like glitter but I deal with it because the eyeshadows are amazing. Surprisingly this palette only has a few eyeshadows with glitter... I think, I've yet to use the blue and greens.
I love this palette because it has a variety of colors. If I go anywhere out of town, I'm set with this palette and I'll be fine. =)
Other people go into more detail about the colors so check those out.
I'm very happy that i purchased this. The eyeliners that come with this i've yet to try because I already have quite a few that I have to finish.
If Urban Decay had these without glitter I'd give them 5/5
But it's confusing to rate them because glitter is a given with them. So, I'm giving them 4/5. Glitter be gone please. lol
I'm still in love with this though. <3