Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/24/2010 12:51:00 AM

Great Palette! Many different colors. Packaging is cute but too bulky! Still love the product

on 5/6/2010 1:29:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette. The best palette out there. This is the only eyeshadow I bring with me when I travel, because all the colors are gorgeous and you can mix & max to create so many different looks. The eyeshadows are very pigmented even without primer. My favorite colors are Mushroom, Nylon, Half Baked, and Misdemeanor! The fact that it comes with a UDPP and two 24/7 Glide-On eyeliner makes it even better!

on 4/17/2010 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Really like this palette. This was the first thing i ever bought from Urban Decay after reading all the reviews. I use it everyday the only thing i didnt like was the color YDK the glitter falls out alot, and i dont use the 24/7 pencil in bourbon

Words cannot describe how amazing this palette is. BOS II was my first batch of UD eyeshadows, and one has just got to bow down to their amazingness. A year before I got this my friend told me how amazing UD was compared to Dior, Chanel etc... shadows, and being the high end snob that I am, I did not believe her one bit. After owning this, I gotta say that she is totally right, though Dior are still amazing (but pricey). GO UD.

some of the shadows in this pallet are a bit to glittery for me but they are very pigmented and are great with the primer potion

on 3/7/2010 1:41:00 PM

Urban decay has VERY nice eye shadow colours ... all colours in the book of shadows 2 have shimmer of some sort in them.. theres a mixture of nutrals and brights... its cheaper to go with this palette than to buy a single eye shadow however it depends on wether you like the colours or not... i would buy all the book of shadows but i wouldnt need to rebuy this whole palette.

on 2/14/2010 3:01:00 PM

I use this palette for everything! the color selection is so amazing. I love it! I wear this palette for daytime and use the brown and beige colors and for night time I use the purples and blues and black for when I'm going out. I swear the looks you can create are endless. and the quality is pretty good too. some other palettes who shall remain anonymous are so cheap! like chalky and non-pigmented. but this is different. I think that it could use more color but with the primer potion thats supplied, this is easily fixed. they give you 2 great eyeliners in zero (black) and bourbon (a shimmery brown) its a lil expensive but for everything they give you, its more than worth it. unfortunately it's limited edition so if you didn't get it before, i guess we can hope for volume 3 which i hope is just as good and maybe better! some more greens would be nice :)

on 1/14/2010 6:22:00 PM

Here's my take on the palette

perversion - a matte black. I don't ever wear black eyeshadow, but this looks pretty pigmented. When I swatch it it goes on darker than when I swatched MAC's carbon. If you try to apply it wet however, it'll just let the water sit on top, so I guess its better applying it dry

Gunmetal - a very pigmented dark grey eyeshadow.

Esctasy - very pigmented nice purple colour, has a bit of a pink undertone to it.

AC/DC - a dark smokey purple colour, perfect for a purple smokey eye.

Nylon - this shade is very much like YDK imo. It is a tiny bit more golden, and has glitter flecks. These WILL fall off onto your face.

Sellout - a gorgeous light beige, perfect highlight, goes well with Sphynx ( I wore this look today :) )

Mushroom - people keep calling this taupe, but on me it just looks like a dark grey, with a bit of brown to it. Mostly dark grey and boring though, just can't get it to look anywhere near as good as other taupe shadows I have. Apparently exclusive to this pallette but included in the AiW BoS.

Sphynx - a pretty light pink colour. good pigmentation. Has a LOT of glitter particles in it, again, beware of fallout.

Half Baked - one of the most pigmented shadows in the whole BoS, a golden bronze colour, very beautiful.

Twice Baked - a very dark matte-ish brown. Good for a smoky eye or lining the brows

Midninght Cowboy Rides Again - another gorgeous beige, however unless you have a strong base to keep this together - massive fallout. A LOT of glitter in this one.

YDK - a darker nylon, while nylon is more on the goldy side, this is more on the plummy side, the difference isn't very noticeable though.

Jinx - this seems very pigmented, can't say more as I never wear this colour e/s

Flipside - a disappointment for it. It looks a gorgeous blue-green in the pan, on the eyes it is a very boring blue colour, no a hint of green to it.

Homegrown - a gorgeous gorgeous green, very pigmented, love this shade. Another shade that was meant to be exclusive but for some reason made it into the AiW BoS

Misdemeanor - another disappointment, looks very interesting in the pan, a grey colour with blue flecks, swatched the blue flecks stand out even more, but nothing I do seems to get them to show on my eyelids! It just comes out matte grey, tried different brushes, dry and wet, tried spongetip applicator, nada, tried my fingers in desperation, the flecks just want nothing to do with my eyelids lol.

Took one lippy off for the bad quality of MCRA misdemeanor and the decieving flipside, this looks like the perfect colour for me in the pan but grrr!

Another lippy off for the lie about several shades being exclusive. Whats up with that UD?

on 1/14/2010 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First take: OMG.....NEED...
Second take: There are NONE of the same colors in this one that were in Book of Shadows 1....yay! And about half of the shades are exclusive to this set.
Third take: Hmmmm...even though the shadows in books one and two are different in name, the ones chosen in each set are very similar in shade except for a few.

Over all, this is an AMAZING palette despite the fact that, upon close inspection, this is not SO far from the first volume and I have both. That being said, you should defiantly pick this up (if you can still find it!). The colors are wonderful, as usual, and it is worth having in your makeup stash. I love mine and use it every day!

on 1/4/2010 10:45:00 AM

This is an amazing set of products right here. I got it during the Sephora F&F sale and I have never been so content with a purchase. As with all UD shadows, the consistency is sooo creamy and smooth and they go on and blend so well. I love Sellout and AC/DC and Half Baked and Mushroom. Loves. Plus two liners and a travel friendly bottle of UDPP? Win. I love UD so much for this.