Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/2/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

If I could (it was limited edition), I would buy this again for any of its LE neutral shades. Never used the glittery shades or the black shadows, but every other shade worked brilliantly with each other. My favorite, daytime-safe shades are mushroom and YDK, with twice baked in the crease. Loved the subtle wash I could get with AC/DC (eggplant) and misdemeanor (bottle green). Sphynx looks scary princess pink in the pan, but translates into a subtle pink shimmer wash that makes my chocolate brown eyes pop.

The major con is the packaging. This is the only reason I haven't reached for this palette regularly, and which has me thinking of getting the Naked palette even though BOS II fills my need for neutral shimmer shades. Also I do love the heft of the "book" cover and the peacock pattern, but I've been going back and forth about depotting this into something more portable as the versatile mix of shades are perfect for travel. Ack!!

on 8/24/2010 12:51:00 AM

Great Palette! Many different colors. Packaging is cute but too bulky! Still love the product

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lots of wasted space here. Pulling the drawer out while the top opens to nothing but photos is a bit strange. But the colors in the palette are all very compatible. you could create many different looks with this one palette. It would be great for travel for that reason.

on 5/6/2010 1:29:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette. The best palette out there. This is the only eyeshadow I bring with me when I travel, because all the colors are gorgeous and you can mix & max to create so many different looks. The eyeshadows are very pigmented even without primer. My favorite colors are Mushroom, Nylon, Half Baked, and Misdemeanor! The fact that it comes with a UDPP and two 24/7 Glide-On eyeliner makes it even better!

This pallette is my saftey net! (if that makes any sense!?) it's my go-to product almost everyday. with very wearable colours like 'SELLOUT' 'TWICE BAKED' and 'YDK' its great for school. and its handy in the morning when i'm in more of a rush that i dont have to be looking relentlessly for individual pots. the colours come out exactly as shown and i love the names! :P with 'PERVERSION' 'JINX' and 'ECSTACY' its also a great palette for a night look. i llloooove this palette. the eyeshadows dept in the box also seems never to end :) im dreading the day i begin to see the silver bottom of the tray! :( its also an animal cruelty free brand which makes it 100% for me! gorgeous eyeshadows with no suffering!x

on 4/17/2010 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Really like this palette. This was the first thing i ever bought from Urban Decay after reading all the reviews. I use it everyday the only thing i didnt like was the color YDK the glitter falls out alot, and i dont use the 24/7 pencil in bourbon

on 4/16/2010 12:35:00 AM

I loved this palette because I'm just getting into make up and I like having variety. I'm still exploring with expanding my make up beyond the neutral spectrum and this looked like a good one to start off with. It's pretty glittery but I heard that's what you can expect with UD eyeshadows. I love the eyeliners and plan on purchasing more colors including another Bourbon because it's just a great color that looks good.

Words cannot describe how amazing this palette is. BOS II was my first batch of UD eyeshadows, and one has just got to bow down to their amazingness. A year before I got this my friend told me how amazing UD was compared to Dior, Chanel etc... shadows, and being the high end snob that I am, I did not believe her one bit. After owning this, I gotta say that she is totally right, though Dior are still amazing (but pricey). GO UD.

some of the shadows in this pallet are a bit to glittery for me but they are very pigmented and are great with the primer potion

on 3/21/2010 4:36:00 PM

I love this palette. It has 16 eyeshadows which are all very pigmented. The colours are lovely. There are some purples, blues, neutrals and a couple greens. Its great if you have never used Urban Decay before as it really gives you an idea of what their products are like.

Also the two eyeliners and primer potion are brilliant. I had never used an eye primer before until I tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and I must say that now I wouldn't be without it.

The only thing which I kind of find pointless is the top part of the palette. It lifts up and there is a mirror and a little compartment with a "look book" in it.

I guess it could provide you with inspiration but I wish they would have given tips or how to do the look in the book. Instead its mainly just pictures and a comment on how the author likes the look and things like that. I find it rather pointless to be honest.

Overall though I think that it is a brilliant product and I love all the eyeshadows. It is a very pretty palette which I love and would definitly recommend.