Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I would love to get my hands on another one if I can, however, it is sold out and I did not know that it was going to be special edition. But, get ready for the Vol. III, this is be release something in November 2010. This is only avaliable on ebay, it is absolutely sold out everywhere, so don't even bother. Great price for all the shadows, primer and two eyes pencils. But, if you are offer this palette by chance, take it, best palette for collection. The color payoff is so amazing, its a lot of shimmers so if you love glitters, shinny eyeshadows, this is just great. Don't worry if you enjoy nuatural shades, there are lost of browns, silver, cream, this palette really deserve lots of love. I never use this on anyone but myself, not even no my girls, I do not want any demage.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great deal. You get the eyeshadows,liners,primer. primer is the ud biggest seller and their liners are right there with them. This was my first time using eyeshadows from ud. the eyeshadows are very pretty,pigmented,rich, goes on smooth feels so soft i love the colors. The eye liners are awesome long lasting. The primer is the best hands down. Buy it, it's awesome.

on 4/8/2010 1:04:00 PM

WOW! Colors are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I own the ammo palette and thought that was a gift from the makeup gods, but this is out of this world!!! I adore it!

on 3/6/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This palette was just okay for me. I was very excited to purchase it, but it seems that I dont use it very often. I prefer to use neutral eyeshadows more often and these colors are very metalic or sparkley so I don't get too much use of it. However if thats what you WANT, then this is a great investment. The quality of the shadows are great, I just dont find the palette great for everyday use. I was suckered in because of the fact that its LE, so I don't regret having it in my collection. But, like I said, I dont use it and it just sits there. The primer potion and the two eyeliners are great bonuses! And it is a good value for the price.

on 2/26/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The e/s colors are very pigmented and there's a good variety, but not a lot of different finishes that are suit for my age group. I mainly use them as eyeliners (favorite is Misdemeanor) In fact most of the exclusive shades are my favorites. I have made some awesome looks but they are a little to much for the kid's bus stop and grocery store.

The e/l are a good intro to 24/7 liners, but I wouldn't repurchase either in full size. Bourbon is not the right brown for me and Zero is good not great, but I already have three minis.

The primer is nice but I've been using TFSI and enjoy it's application much better then the wand. I have not worn UDPP all day, so I can't give a full review on it.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) Swapped away

We don't have UD here in Aus so I had to get it off Ebay. I wasn't sure about it as I haven't seen it in person but decided to get it based on good reviews. I'm glad I did! It is beautiful.
I already have lots and los of eye shadows but this one fits into my collection really well as a lot of BOS II colours are unique. It has a great selection of purples, cool neutrals, warm neutrals and blues/greens. You can create lots of bright and stunning looks with this palette. It might be not my first choice for work make-up but it is defunately my must have for night-time look as colours are really intense and shimmery.

on 2/3/2010 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The exclusive shades are- Perversion, a matte charcoal black. AC/DC, a deep purple w/ silver shimmery shade. Nylon, a med bronze-brown w/ shimmer. Mushroom, a dark taupe shimmer. Sphynx, a very frosty bright baby pink color. Jinx, a bright jewel toned blue. Homegrown, a vibrant grass green w/ golden sheen. Misdemeaner, a dark teal w/ green shimmer. The pre-existing shades are- Gunmetal a dark gray sheen, Ecstasy a bright purple w/ slight pink tint, Sellout a champagne sheen, Half Baked a lustrous golden bronze, Twice baked a darker brown w/ gold glitter, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again a golden beige w/ bronze, gold & silver glitter, YDK a bronzed mocha w/ golden microglitter, Flipside a electric teal w/ blue sheen. The shadows are .03oz each x 16 shadows, the Primer is 0.13oz and works excellent. Each pencil is 0.03oz. The pencil shades are 'Zero' a black and 'Bourbon' a brown bronze. The shadows and liners are very pigmented, easy to apply and last all day w/ the primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really really like this palette! I never got a chance to try the first one (anyone want to trade me for a NARS Wild at Heart Palette? lol).

I have never tried a look with this that I didn't like, all the colors go well together. There are great browns and grays that bring out blue eyes really well.

I hadn't tried the 24/7 pencils before, but I LOVE the texture. The primer, I gave away to a friend because I already have SO much of it lol. But of course, it's marvelous stuff (as if everyone doesn't know about UDPP by now.)

The quality of the shadows is great, the best I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot of high and low end shadows with different textures, some of which I really loved at both ends.

The packaging is cute but not practical, so I gave it a low rating. I thought the price was actually quite low for the amount of shadow that you get, especially with the pencils and primer. The "look book" is a total meaningless useless waste of space, which is kind of irritating. Oh well, that's hardly what I bought it for!

Can't WAIT for the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows! I'm seriously fiending for it! lol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I haven't written many reviews, but felt that this purchase deserved to be shared. This product is, by far and above, the best Urban Decay purchase EVER! The shades are magnificent and quite wearable - not too glittery, but far from dull. Any age can wear the shadows in this palette. These shadows apply with the greatest of ease and blend beautifully. There's no real highlighter shade to speak of, but a simple matte shadow would complete any look created with these. I do not foresee having to repurchase this as the shadows are highly pigmented and little product is needed to achieve most looks, but I would certainly love to purchase this product and share with a friend - it's just that good!! The purchase price seems steep, but consider the value. It is well worth it!!!

on 12/17/2009 6:51:00 AM

I got this onboard and i love it!
There are some fab colours and i really love the liners!!! They go on so smoothly and are almost gel like.
Im loving the new wand for the primer potion too!
There is such a vast array of colours that the amount of looks are endless. I am having so much fun using this palette and so many people have complemented me on my eye make-up.
The packaging isnt too bad, id rather have a flip lid and i think the "secret" compartment is pretty pointless. I have looked at it once and thats it.
The only really bad thing is midnight cowboy, it always looks so nice in the pan but on its just a chunky glittery mess!