Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVEEE this palette, I seriously have used this in one way or another every day since I got it. Whether it's to do my whole eye look or add a pop of color. I love the excellent range of colors. You get everything from neutrals like browns and taupes to fun, bright colors like purple, green, & teal. One of my all time favorites looks to do from this palette, is YDK all over the lid and slightly into the crease with Twice Baked as the outer V and than put Jinx &/or Flipside on the lower lash line for a 'pop' of teal/green. I get so many compliments on my makeup when I wear this.

I love this product...it was a great way to finally try the infamous primer potion as well as their eyeliners. The eyeliners are alright, they don't seem to have the staying power in the waterline that I was lead to believe they did, however. As for the shadows, all are richly pigmented and beautiful, though some are a little high in glitter. "Sellout" is my favourite...so beautiful, and a great highlight. "Half Baked" is also a beautiful golden colour. LOVE this palette. The packaging is a little unnecessarily bulky, however.

My, my, my! I have got this as a Christmas present, and I was so thrilled to finally have it in my hands! The colors are beautiful, and the palette itself has so many looks in only 16 colors! Some of the colors are even only seen in this palette, so it's worth the price. It also comes with the fabulous eyeshadow primer, and two eyeliners. I love the fact that after using the UDPP, you only need a tiny bit of the eyeshadow to show up so vividly. I don't like the packaging as much, but I can deal. My favorite shades have to be Flipside and Homegrown, as well as Ecstasy and Sphynx. It's a huge step up from the first Book of Shadows, and I'm very pleased with the results of this one.

on 1/10/2010 1:09:00 PM

WOW is all I have to say! Come with two liners (so much better than cheap plastic brushes) and a primer potion that is perfect for travelling. Bought this for my Best friend for Xmas and HAD to pick up another for myself... good thing, bc it sold out pretty damn fast! The colour pay off is AMAZING and am starting to love UD more than my MAC shadows (I used to be an "all MAC girl"..) The price is great for the products that you get ....dont like the package though ;s...a little cheap looking (cardboard?! come on) but the product is STELLAR

on 12/22/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first palette I got from UD. I've never tried their eyeliner and this kit inlcudes 2 of them and it's almost the best eyeliner I've ever tried! I liked almost all the color of the eye shadow. About midnight cowboy rides again, I don't use it as a "eyeshadow", but as a touch of shimmer at the corners or under the eyebrows. I don't like how the shiny pieces are falling off while applying though and you really need to use the primer to hold them. There are a few colors that I thought may be hard to wear but turns out to be not the case and I really love them - Misdemeanor, Homegrown, Twice Baked and Mushroom. Jinx may be the only one that is hard to wear (I mean too dramatic/colorful for everyday uses). The one that was unexpectedly disappointing is Nylon - cheap gold color. My favourite is Sellout. I am also happy about how many colors can layer to each other easily, so one can create many more different looks by these 16 shadows. On the down side, I actually don't like how the whole palette is so huge because of the box and packaging because it is absolutely not travel friendly but I really want to carry this with me all the time :(

on 12/13/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this pallete, i missed out on volume 1 so i made sure i got the 2nd volume. I love all the colors, but i wish they put more matte colors in the pallete. But i would def buy again, If i ran out.

on 10/24/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZING
Bought this today
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Of course its not cheap but the value is EXCELLENT
The textures are so dreamy

BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 10/20/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was returning my tarte palette to sephora when the SA recommended this instead. I've not been a huge UD fan as I work in a profession and am of an age where glittery shadow would be a no-no.

Anyway, what a difference this was over my tarte palette. The colors are all so rich and stay forever, uncreased, with the UDPP. I've created some really fun looks and a little goes a long way. This is one of the best values around as the EL and shadows are of top quality and the colors are fun and versatile. My only complaint is that I would like a paler highlight color.