Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/6/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This palette was just okay for me. I was very excited to purchase it, but it seems that I dont use it very often. I prefer to use neutral eyeshadows more often and these colors are very metalic or sparkley so I don't get too much use of it. However if thats what you WANT, then this is a great investment. The quality of the shadows are great, I just dont find the palette great for everyday use. I was suckered in because of the fact that its LE, so I don't regret having it in my collection. But, like I said, I dont use it and it just sits there. The primer potion and the two eyeliners are great bonuses! And it is a good value for the price.

on 2/26/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The e/s colors are very pigmented and there's a good variety, but not a lot of different finishes that are suit for my age group. I mainly use them as eyeliners (favorite is Misdemeanor) In fact most of the exclusive shades are my favorites. I have made some awesome looks but they are a little to much for the kid's bus stop and grocery store.

The e/l are a good intro to 24/7 liners, but I wouldn't repurchase either in full size. Bourbon is not the right brown for me and Zero is good not great, but I already have three minis.

The primer is nice but I've been using TFSI and enjoy it's application much better then the wand. I have not worn UDPP all day, so I can't give a full review on it.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) Swapped away

on 1/14/2010 6:22:00 PM

Here's my take on the palette

perversion - a matte black. I don't ever wear black eyeshadow, but this looks pretty pigmented. When I swatch it it goes on darker than when I swatched MAC's carbon. If you try to apply it wet however, it'll just let the water sit on top, so I guess its better applying it dry

Gunmetal - a very pigmented dark grey eyeshadow.

Esctasy - very pigmented nice purple colour, has a bit of a pink undertone to it.

AC/DC - a dark smokey purple colour, perfect for a purple smokey eye.

Nylon - this shade is very much like YDK imo. It is a tiny bit more golden, and has glitter flecks. These WILL fall off onto your face.

Sellout - a gorgeous light beige, perfect highlight, goes well with Sphynx ( I wore this look today :) )

Mushroom - people keep calling this taupe, but on me it just looks like a dark grey, with a bit of brown to it. Mostly dark grey and boring though, just can't get it to look anywhere near as good as other taupe shadows I have. Apparently exclusive to this pallette but included in the AiW BoS.

Sphynx - a pretty light pink colour. good pigmentation. Has a LOT of glitter particles in it, again, beware of fallout.

Half Baked - one of the most pigmented shadows in the whole BoS, a golden bronze colour, very beautiful.

Twice Baked - a very dark matte-ish brown. Good for a smoky eye or lining the brows

Midninght Cowboy Rides Again - another gorgeous beige, however unless you have a strong base to keep this together - massive fallout. A LOT of glitter in this one.

YDK - a darker nylon, while nylon is more on the goldy side, this is more on the plummy side, the difference isn't very noticeable though.

Jinx - this seems very pigmented, can't say more as I never wear this colour e/s

Flipside - a disappointment for it. It looks a gorgeous blue-green in the pan, on the eyes it is a very boring blue colour, no a hint of green to it.

Homegrown - a gorgeous gorgeous green, very pigmented, love this shade. Another shade that was meant to be exclusive but for some reason made it into the AiW BoS

Misdemeanor - another disappointment, looks very interesting in the pan, a grey colour with blue flecks, swatched the blue flecks stand out even more, but nothing I do seems to get them to show on my eyelids! It just comes out matte grey, tried different brushes, dry and wet, tried spongetip applicator, nada, tried my fingers in desperation, the flecks just want nothing to do with my eyelids lol.

Took one lippy off for the bad quality of MCRA misdemeanor and the decieving flipside, this looks like the perfect colour for me in the pan but grrr!

Another lippy off for the lie about several shades being exclusive. Whats up with that UD?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I still have this palette, and I do use it regularly and I do love it, but I can't help but take off a lippy because the packaging for all of the Book of Shadows palettes is TERRIBLE. The slide out packaging rather than the snap open and shut packaging is frustrating, and having all those empty spots for the eyeliners and the Primer Potion annoyed me. I depotted my shadows 'cause I hated the packaging so much.

I do love the colors, aside from the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again glitterbomb, and still use them now. The quality of these shadows hasn't lasted as well as I'd like - Sphynx barely shows even with primer.

on 3/24/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I missed out on the first Urban Decay book of shadows Vol 1 so when i heard Vol 2 came out i rushed to Sephora to buy it. It is such an amazing Pallete with gorgeous colors and pigmentation. Blends great. I love that it came with a little Urban Decay Primer Potion and the eyeliners. I gave it 4 lippies because i wish there was more matte colors. I am not a fan of all shimmer. Great buy.

some of the shadows in this pallet are a bit to glittery for me but they are very pigmented and are great with the primer potion

on 3/19/2010 1:58:00 AM

I think this palette is great value for the money!! It's a pricier palette but you have to consider that you're getting 16 shadows that are $17 a piece. I like the formulation of these shadows, I think they have great pigmentation and blend nicely. My biggest beef with them is what everyone else hates about them too, and that is the ginormous CHUNKS of glitter Urban Decay insists on ruining their beautiful shadows with and the horrible fallout that results. If you're willing to work around this this palatte is fantastic. Just be warned if you're not a shimmer lover this palette is not going to be for you as all the shadows are shimmer except for perversion (plain black) and some are downright glitterbombs (ahem....midnight cowboy rides again). However, I'm glad I got this as it introduced to shades I would be afraid of and would never have bought individualy (jinx) as well as consisting for the most part of very wearable colours. My favourite is by far sellout, a gorgeous highlight shade that just glows. Coincedentily this is midnight cowboy without the glitter, which is a trend I hope Urban Decay continues with until all the obnoxious glitter is sucked out of every single one of their shadows. The 24/7 liners are awesome, smooth and truely do last forever (even in the waterline). I wish bourbon were a bit more pigmented but that might just be a matter of taste. Packaging is a bit annoying sometimes but very pretty. Only other gripe is that stupid look book. So useless!

on 3/7/2010 1:41:00 PM

Urban decay has VERY nice eye shadow colours ... all colours in the book of shadows 2 have shimmer of some sort in them.. theres a mixture of nutrals and brights... its cheaper to go with this palette than to buy a single eye shadow however it depends on wether you like the colours or not... i would buy all the book of shadows but i wouldnt need to rebuy this whole palette.

on 2/21/2010 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I don't have a lot of Urban Decay products so I found this to be a great start :)
You get a lot of product for the money!
I only wish that there would have been a better selection of matte shades in the palette.
Also, even though the packaging is cute, it's pretty impractical.

I think it's a GREAT buy so I said "yes" to buy it again, even though I don't think I'll ever run out of every shade.

on 1/16/2010 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this palette.
First off, with Urban Decay you know you're going to get some eyeshadows with glitter in their palettes. I really don't like glitter but I deal with it because the eyeshadows are amazing. Surprisingly this palette only has a few eyeshadows with glitter... I think, I've yet to use the blue and greens.
I love this palette because it has a variety of colors. If I go anywhere out of town, I'm set with this palette and I'll be fine. =)
Other people go into more detail about the colors so check those out.
I'm very happy that i purchased this. The eyeliners that come with this i've yet to try because I already have quite a few that I have to finish.
If Urban Decay had these without glitter I'd give them 5/5
But it's confusing to rate them because glitter is a given with them. So, I'm giving them 4/5. Glitter be gone please. lol
I'm still in love with this though. <3