Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I splurged and bought 2 UD pallettes at once- after spending about 40 on them I must say it was a good investment!
I love every colour- they are so gorgeous and rich and have such good colour pay-out.
Super cute packaging (looks beautiful on your dresser!) and for 20 each I think it's a bargain considering a little goes a long way and the amount of shadows you get in each.
Fabulous products. Love love love!

on 10/21/2009 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette. There is a great mix of colors and I am a huge fan of the 24/7 liners. They are so creamy and go on so well but they don't end up all over your face. Also, the primer potion is great and the little bottle lasts a good while if you don't use it every single day. I gave it a 4 only because some of the shadows I love are only available in this palette so some that I've become attached to aren't available in individual sizes.

on 10/26/2009 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this today as a birthday gift from my sister. I haven't had a change to play with the eye pencils yet but the shadows are amazing. Very pigmented and UDPP is included. The only sad thing about this set is that some of the colors in it are exclusive to this pallette. Like sphynx (beautiful pink) which I love.This palette gives you the tools to make a nice day look or something much bolder.
Udate 10/28
I put these shadows through the 12hr shift test. With the primer they lasted 12hrs without they don't stay on more than a few hours. If this kit didn't include primer I would take away a lippie

on 10/31/2009 1:47:00 PM

As soon as i saw this in Sephora, i bought it immediately. The colors are gorgeous! i love love the texture and the packaging too! (too big though) so this contains 16 shadows 7 of them are new and only available here. I personally love sphynx, jinx and flipside.:)

This also includes
-a mini travel size primer potion (cute and everything) but gave minimal product though).
-2 24/7 glide on pencil in zero and bourbon. creamy and doesnt smudge!!
-booklet (mini urban decay publication)

Overall, i give it a 5. GORGEOUS SHADES, PRETTY PACKAGING, CONSIDERING THE PRICE (48) IT WAS WORTH IT!

HURRY AND BUY YOURS NOW! i THINK ITS LIMITED EDITION ONLY!!

PS: When i came back to sephora the next day, it was sold out!! and so as 2 other sephora locations.......wow!

Okay, I just got this, and I have to say that this is probably one of the best and most useful eyeshadow palettes that I have ever bought! I love the mix of shades-you have your neutrals, your brights, some smokey shades, and a good purple. I also love how you have the liners and the primer right in there, because you need to have the good basics to go along with the palette. Shade-wise, the only real dud is Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. Jinx, Homegrown, and Misdemeanor-the bottom three shades that are new-are all amazing. Those and Sphynx are ones that I would buy in single form if UD ever puts them out that way. I'd been wanting to get Ecstacy for awhile, and I don't mind having yet another Half-Baked and Twice-Baked because those, for a neutral-hating bright lover like myself, are actually very useful.

The main reason why I am only rating it a 4 though is the packaging. Granted, I buy it mainly for the product and not the packaging, but at the same time, I do have some expectations. The drawer with the shadows is not smooth in the slightest, in fact it tends to stick. A lot. The top part, the flip-up, also sticks a lot. I do love how the shadows are kept in the drawer, to not mess up the mirror, and I love the peacock feathers. At the same time though, the drawer sticking is a huge sticking point for me. It just feels...I don't know, sort of cheap to me. That's why I had to rate it down, because even though the product inside is great the housing isn't.

I've been using this palette for a few weeks now and I am loving it even more each time. The colors on here are GORGEOUS! I tried so many color combinations and haven't run out yet! My favorite colors have got to be jinx, flipside, homegrown, sphynx, and ecstasy. I've use this palette so many times and it still looks as full as the day I got it. It is a great deal. It comes with a mini UDPP and 2 24/7 e/ls. I would totally buy this again but I won't be finishing this palette anytime soon. I notice a few negative comments about the packaging. I personally like the packaging. Comes with a pretty big sized mirror and a look book.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the colors in this set and i love the fact that it comes w/ travel size liners and the udpp! it's a great product overall! Not all the shadows have a shimmer to it which makes it great since i don't like too much shimmer and it has a great selection of colors. I just wished it came in a easier to travel container... since it's already a set i wouldn't want to depot and put them in a larger case.. but overall great shadows, easy to blend and very nice on!!

on 11/19/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The colors are very pigmented, easy to blend and smooth as butter! My faves so far are AC/DC and Mushroom. For the price, you can't go wrong. All those colors for $48 is fabulous!! My only gripe is the stupid pull out drawer. I don't need the top part that opens up to a small catalog. I would much prefer the palette to open than slide out. Other than that, perfect!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Got this as a Hanukkah gift two days ago and I am already in love with it. I hope that some of the colors will become part of the permanent collection. Being a huge UD junkie the mini primer potion and 24/7s were a bit wasted on me as I already have them, but it's always nice to have spares. The little look book is nice, but I had hoped it was different looks using the palette instead of the face charts on their website. Most of the looks can't be done using only this palette. However for $3 per shadow with 2 free eyeliners and a free UDPP I can't complain. All in all a great palette that will see a lot of use.

on 12/20/2009 7:29:00 AM

urban decay have done it again. 16 beautifully pigmented, easily blendable eyeshadows, presented in a beautful pallete for 27 pounds!!! the colours are beautiful. the only identical eyeshadow to volume 1 is perversion; which is a matt black. the pallete also has several unique colours which are limited edition to the set. furthermore, it comes with 2 of urban decays 24/7 eyeliner pencils, one in zero (black) and one in bourbon (brown). also included is a mini primer potion. this is the perfect set for beginners because it comes with so many colours, so you can sit and experiment with different combinations for hours. this really is an ideal gift for someone!!