Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/2/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

If I could (it was limited edition), I would buy this again for any of its LE neutral shades. Never used the glittery shades or the black shadows, but every other shade worked brilliantly with each other. My favorite, daytime-safe shades are mushroom and YDK, with twice baked in the crease. Loved the subtle wash I could get with AC/DC (eggplant) and misdemeanor (bottle green). Sphynx looks scary princess pink in the pan, but translates into a subtle pink shimmer wash that makes my chocolate brown eyes pop.

The major con is the packaging. This is the only reason I haven't reached for this palette regularly, and which has me thinking of getting the Naked palette even though BOS II fills my need for neutral shimmer shades. Also I do love the heft of the "book" cover and the peacock pattern, but I've been going back and forth about depotting this into something more portable as the versatile mix of shades are perfect for travel. Ack!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I would love to get my hands on another one if I can, however, it is sold out and I did not know that it was going to be special edition. But, get ready for the Vol. III, this is be release something in November 2010. This is only avaliable on ebay, it is absolutely sold out everywhere, so don't even bother. Great price for all the shadows, primer and two eyes pencils. But, if you are offer this palette by chance, take it, best palette for collection. The color payoff is so amazing, its a lot of shimmers so if you love glitters, shinny eyeshadows, this is just great. Don't worry if you enjoy nuatural shades, there are lost of browns, silver, cream, this palette really deserve lots of love. I never use this on anyone but myself, not even no my girls, I do not want any demage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lots of wasted space here. Pulling the drawer out while the top opens to nothing but photos is a bit strange. But the colors in the palette are all very compatible. you could create many different looks with this one palette. It would be great for travel for that reason.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love all of the colors in this palette. As, there is a great mix of eyeshadows that offers great eyeshadows to wear for daytime or night.
And, if you apply the UDPP before application, these eyeshadows will remain budgeproof until you take them off!

on 3/25/2010 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing shimmery eyeshadows! Its paired with eyeshadow primer that seems to last forever (even though i use it daily). Two eyeliners I can't stop using. The package is an AMAZING deal, and I get a ton of use out of all of it.

My only complaint is that the package is big....because I want to take it EVERYWHERE with me! :D

must buy!

on 3/24/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I love, love, love this kit. I can not say enough good things about it. The shadows are super pigmented and really last. I'm not a realy big fan of glitter but do find myself using the kit daily. I will defientely be awaiting and getting the next book of shadows, if and when it happens. The colors are so easy to use and blend for numerous looks from everyday to super smokey and dramatic.

on 2/26/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The e/s colors are very pigmented and there's a good variety, but not a lot of different finishes that are suit for my age group. I mainly use them as eyeliners (favorite is Misdemeanor) In fact most of the exclusive shades are my favorites. I have made some awesome looks but they are a little to much for the kid's bus stop and grocery store.

The e/l are a good intro to 24/7 liners, but I wouldn't repurchase either in full size. Bourbon is not the right brown for me and Zero is good not great, but I already have three minis.

The primer is nice but I've been using TFSI and enjoy it's application much better then the wand. I have not worn UDPP all day, so I can't give a full review on it.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) Swapped away

on 2/3/2010 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The exclusive shades are- Perversion, a matte charcoal black. AC/DC, a deep purple w/ silver shimmery shade. Nylon, a med bronze-brown w/ shimmer. Mushroom, a dark taupe shimmer. Sphynx, a very frosty bright baby pink color. Jinx, a bright jewel toned blue. Homegrown, a vibrant grass green w/ golden sheen. Misdemeaner, a dark teal w/ green shimmer. The pre-existing shades are- Gunmetal a dark gray sheen, Ecstasy a bright purple w/ slight pink tint, Sellout a champagne sheen, Half Baked a lustrous golden bronze, Twice baked a darker brown w/ gold glitter, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again a golden beige w/ bronze, gold & silver glitter, YDK a bronzed mocha w/ golden microglitter, Flipside a electric teal w/ blue sheen. The shadows are .03oz each x 16 shadows, the Primer is 0.13oz and works excellent. Each pencil is 0.03oz. The pencil shades are 'Zero' a black and 'Bourbon' a brown bronze. The shadows and liners are very pigmented, easy to apply and last all day w/ the primer.

on 1/25/2010 3:33:00 PM

I don't normally like palettes because there are so many colours that I won't use, but I love this palette. I have quite a few single colours from Urban Decay, my only duplicate is YDK, but I wear that so often that it really isn't a problem.
I know a lot of people have a problem with fallout, but I really can't say that I do, so I'm not sure what they are doing. All of these colours are so well pigmented that really all you need to do is place your brush on the shadow or very gently swipe, then make sure you knock off the excess thoroughly and dab or press it on your eye, don't go brushing it back and forth and swirling it around. The colours blend together really well, even for a blending dummy like me - use a clean brush to blend and any fallout stays on the brush and not all over your face.
I always put my UD shadows over the primer potion or a creaseless cream shadow, so maybe that's helping me.
The eyeliners are the best eyeliners out there, smooth, creamy - love love love them
Primer potion, an essential for me, especially with these shadows.

The only downside for me is the packaging, it is so annoying having to open a drawer every time you want to use a shadow, not comfortable to hold, takes up a stupid amount of worksurface and the eyeliners are near impossible to get out without breaking a nail - totally impractical to travel with, a complete and utter nightmare that will get tatty with time and then what do you do? Remove the shadows somehow or just abandon it and get full size versions of the available colours? I can imagine many people who are having trouble with glittery fallout and bright colours AND the stupid packaging will be regretting this purchase, but if you can work around those these are very special shadows

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just love this palette! I love Mushroom and AC/DC especially but every color is so rich and wearable except Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. Too much glitter and fallout but even that is pretty. Smokey eyes and nude lips are my passion and I have had so much fun coming up with different looks. YDK and Twice Baked look beautiful together and Sellout is what I usually wear on my inner corner. When I'm in a bluish mood, Jinx is so beautiful with Shattered from the Ammo palette. I could talk about this all night. Love it!!