Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/16/2010 12:35:00 AM

I loved this palette because I'm just getting into make up and I like having variety. I'm still exploring with expanding my make up beyond the neutral spectrum and this looked like a good one to start off with. It's pretty glittery but I heard that's what you can expect with UD eyeshadows. I love the eyeliners and plan on purchasing more colors including another Bourbon because it's just a great color that looks good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely gorgeous palette. I much prefer this one to the original, most wearable colors IMO. Also not very many glittery shades which is a plus for me as I'm not a big fan of some of UD's overly glittery shades. Some of the glittery ones like gunmetal are also pretty modest, and the glitter it does contain is workable so I still am able to get use out of most of the shades. There are only 2 shades I find to be super glittery: nylon (although still workable, but a lot of fallout) and midnight cowboy rides again (the glitter in this one is ridiculous and just not workable for me).

The exclusive shades like mushroom (gorgeous taupe) and ac/dc (slightly smoky purple) are absolutely gorgeous and hopefully we will see some of them make it into the perm. collection. Overall, the colors work great together, lots of gorgeous looks to be had, and if you can luck out on one of these at close to cost, snatch it up.

on 3/24/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I missed out on the first Urban Decay book of shadows Vol 1 so when i heard Vol 2 came out i rushed to Sephora to buy it. It is such an amazing Pallete with gorgeous colors and pigmentation. Blends great. I love that it came with a little Urban Decay Primer Potion and the eyeliners. I gave it 4 lippies because i wish there was more matte colors. I am not a fan of all shimmer. Great buy.

This is a great way to try Urban Decay if you never have. This is a nice selection of colors, and very few have the obvious glitter chunks I detest. I have come up with many different eye looks from this palette. The only thing I hate is how much room it takes up in my makeup drawer- it is a but heavy too. A wonderful palette, if you have the chance to get it, do!

We don't have UD here in Aus so I had to get it off Ebay. I wasn't sure about it as I haven't seen it in person but decided to get it based on good reviews. I'm glad I did! It is beautiful.
I already have lots and los of eye shadows but this one fits into my collection really well as a lot of BOS II colours are unique. It has a great selection of purples, cool neutrals, warm neutrals and blues/greens. You can create lots of bright and stunning looks with this palette. It might be not my first choice for work make-up but it is defunately my must have for night-time look as colours are really intense and shimmery.

on 1/17/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette. This is the first actual makeup item I got from Urban Decay other than the primer potion. It has great quality eyeshadows, and most of it is shimmer which I love. It's perfect for everyday or for going out. The only one I may have a problem is the super glittery one called midnight cowboy rides again. I have to use the shade before foundation so I don't end up with glitter all over my face. I love it and it's got me swapping some of my other single shadows away because it's very convenient and cost effective per shadow in this economy. About half the palette is neutral shades which is great because I can use it for work 5 days a weeks and the rest for weekends or special events.

Packaging could be more travel friendly so I can take it everywhere with me instead of a bulky cardboard palette I leave at home.

on 1/14/2010 5:57:00 PM

This is lovely eyeshadow collection. my colour pics are ecstacy, mushroom, jinx and misdemeanor. i find nylon and midnight cowboy a little too glittery. the eye liners that came with are AMAZING!! SOOOOO smooth. wouldn't repurchase cos will take me years to go through these and of course something else would take my fancy!

on 1/12/2010 11:48:00 PM

Love it! Love it! Love it!

on 1/10/2010 10:41:00 PM

I loved BoS vol. 1 and I really did not think anything could top it. Overall, I think that the shadow selection is a lot better in this one. BoS 1 has a lot of the same old stuff UD is always putting in palettes, but the exclusive colors in it were really nice. However, BoS vol. 2 really has some AMAZING shades that UD needs to make part of their regular line (hello, homegrown and mushroom.) YDK and nylon were both shadows I would've passed on in-store or judging by swatches, but now I think I need full-sizes of both of these. Sellout is one of my absolute faves in this palette, it was one of the shades I was looking forward to the most. In my opinion, there are no stinkers in this palette. If you're lucky enough to find one for a reasonable swap or something, then go for it. The ebay prices right now are ridic and should be avoided.

on 1/1/2010 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you love playing with eyeshadow this will be heaven for you. I personally don't, but it's so good it's heaven for me too. It's really adorable and worth more than it will cost you.
First of all these are hands down the best eyeshadows I ever owned; awesome quality, packed with pigment, buttery soft and perfectly blendable. The shade selection is also excellent; some neutrals, some dark smokeys and some outrageous brights. I don't think there's really a look you can't create with this palette.
You also get two amazing eyeliners, that glide on like a dream. The black one I haven't really tried yet, but the brown one is exactly my shade; bronzey, with very subtle glitter. It'll be probably the first item from this palette I'll run out of. And last but not least you get a small UDPP, which is otherwise unavailable in my country. I'm already a hardcore TFSI fan, but it's great that I get to try a product the whole world but me has used before.
Another plus is the whole packaging idea for me; I understand that it's not the most practical box invented, however I got this rather as a toy than an everyday staple, so I appreciate the whole big, fancy production with the trays, secret compartments and all. Makes me feel like a kid.
All in all, this is a fantastic treat and an ideal Christmas present to self. I think pretty much anyone even remotely interested in makeup will enjoy this a lot.