Maybelline color sensational summer sunset

Maybelline color sensational summer sunset

4.3

on 5/4/2017 9:54:00 PM

Love this color, and I think it would be flattering on just about any skin tone. It shows up as kind of a bright berry color on me. Love the creamy texture too!

on 5/3/2017 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the unusual color. As others have said, it's a rosey browned-down red. It reminds me of a lighter version of my favorite rum raisin from Revlon. I see a slight sheen on my hand, but no shimmer on my lips. One point off because it's not long lasting at all, but do pretty!

on 1/6/2016 12:15:00 PM

Fantastic d/s lippie.Such a dupe for so many other high end lippies. One being Clinique ALL HEART. Several of Chanel and Nars. Tooooo many to dupe to. A complicated red mixed with a tad of berry and a touch of pink and a brush of brown. It's a good everyday/go to/throw it on and go l/s. It's not going to make a statement but it will make you look polished. I don't want to get in to if it's cool or warm. It's a reddish l/s and for $4.00 you can't miss. Yes, because I'm so spooked any more that things are going to be discontinued I picked up 3 tubes of this. I hate LE and discontinued lippies. Let's hope this sticks around! Enjoy and happy new year.

EDIT! IT'S BEEN DISCONTINUED...of course, just when I find a great l/s it's gone. Maybelline does this too often...I'm done with them...back to he makeup! I'll find a dupe.

on 10/24/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is mauve with some brown and red. My natural deeper lip color given I have a tan Asian skin tone. I love the look! It has a slightly shimmer presence also. Such a complex yet neutral appeal. Smooth and very pigmented. I think it can go 4hours before reapplication.

on 10/21/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A good work appropriate shade. It's conservative, and I don't understand what people here are talking about it being a shade of red because I see this to be more mauve. There is a touch of frost to this lipstick but it is actually not overkill. I prefer a more matte or shine to a lipstick but I'd still be able to get use out of this one. I won't repurchase but it does lasts long on the lips. I gave it to my Mom.

on 3/24/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for the perfect marsala shade; I wear lots of red lipstick but bright red isn't always suitable either. This Maybelline lipstick feels great and is inexpensive. My only qualm is that it's a bit too neutral for me but that's because I'm Indian so I have tanned skin. I mix this lipstick with my Illamasqua Lipstick in Howl and achieve the perfect soft red.

on 2/7/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this looking for something in the new "color of the year," Marsala. I am very pleased. I sometimes wear red lipstick, but there are many occasions where in-your-face red doesn't really work. This is still red, but muted, browned down a bit. The formula is very creamy, doesn't feather on me (though I don't have a big problem with that), and wears off evenly so it leaves behind an attractive stain, not a "ring around the mouth" (ick!) effect. It is NOT long-wearing, but since I can't use that type of lip product, it's fine by me. This is a very job-appropriate lipstick, classic and understated but your lips look fully dressed (not lipglossy and bright), and you don't need to reapply every 15 minutes. A winner!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Color Sensational is another great drugstore lipstick. It runs just under $6 in Target. This is a creamy, full coverage, long lasting and non drying lipstick. I would say the finish is satin.... not too matte but yet not shimmery... somewhere in the middle leaning more towards the matte side. It has a mild vanilla scent that dissipates as soon as you put the lipstick on, I only smell it when I bring the tube to my nose and take a little sniff but once on I smell and taste nothing.

Summer Sunset is a gorgeous medium toned pinkish red with a very slight brownish undertone to it, it's more of a muted color as opposed to being bright. For reference I'm an NW20 ~ golden blonde hair ~ and green eyes. If you have my coloring and are more into lipsticks where as you can see saturated color on your lips you will love this.

on 2/12/2013 7:14:00 PM

I like this product. It is very pigmented, and feels soft to my lips. It is not a heavy lipstick at all. The color compliments my skintone. It is not a in your face red in my opinion, which is good for me. Overall, it is a snazzy shade and a nice quality lipstick.

on 11/2/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Summer sunset is a red-apricot lipstick. It`s creamy,shiny with a little bit of shimmers,that does`t show that much! It last fairly long with a lip liner,It goes really well on the application. It goes really well with:any neutral eye shadows! Love it!