Maybelline color sensational summer sunset

Maybelline color sensational summer sunset

4.3

on 1/6/2016 12:15:00 PM

Fantastic d/s lippie.Such a dupe for so many other high end lippies. One being Clinique ALL HEART. Several of Chanel and Nars. Tooooo many to dupe to. A complicated red mixed with a tad of berry and a touch of pink and a brush of brown. It's a good everyday/go to/throw it on and go l/s. It's not going to make a statement but it will make you look polished. I don't want to get in to if it's cool or warm. It's a reddish l/s and for $4.00 you can't miss. Yes, because I'm so spooked any more that things are going to be discontinued I picked up 3 tubes of this. I hate LE and discontinued lippies. Let's hope this sticks around! Enjoy and happy new year.

EDIT! IT'S BEEN DISCONTINUED...of course, just when I find a great l/s it's gone. Maybelline does this too often...I'm done with them...back to he makeup! I'll find a dupe.

on 10/24/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is mauve with some brown and red. My natural deeper lip color given I have a tan Asian skin tone. I love the look! It has a slightly shimmer presence also. Such a complex yet neutral appeal. Smooth and very pigmented. I think it can go 4hours before reapplication.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/21/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A good work appropriate shade. It's conservative, and I don't understand what people here are talking about it being a shade of red because I see this to be more mauve. There is a touch of frost to this lipstick but it is actually not overkill. I prefer a more matte or shine to a lipstick but I'd still be able to get use out of this one. I won't repurchase but it does lasts long on the lips. I gave it to my Mom.

on 3/24/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for the perfect marsala shade; I wear lots of red lipstick but bright red isn't always suitable either. This Maybelline lipstick feels great and is inexpensive. My only qualm is that it's a bit too neutral for me but that's because I'm Indian so I have tanned skin. I mix this lipstick with my Illamasqua Lipstick in Howl and achieve the perfect soft red.

on 2/7/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this looking for something in the new "color of the year," Marsala. I am very pleased. I sometimes wear red lipstick, but there are many occasions where in-your-face red doesn't really work. This is still red, but muted, browned down a bit. The formula is very creamy, doesn't feather on me (though I don't have a big problem with that), and wears off evenly so it leaves behind an attractive stain, not a "ring around the mouth" (ick!) effect. It is NOT long-wearing, but since I can't use that type of lip product, it's fine by me. This is a very job-appropriate lipstick, classic and understated but your lips look fully dressed (not lipglossy and bright), and you don't need to reapply every 15 minutes. A winner!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Color Sensational is another great drugstore lipstick. It runs just under $6 in Target. This is a creamy, full coverage, long lasting and non drying lipstick. I would say the finish is satin.... not too matte but yet not shimmery... somewhere in the middle leaning more towards the matte side. It has a mild vanilla scent that dissipates as soon as you put the lipstick on, I only smell it when I bring the tube to my nose and take a little sniff but once on I smell and taste nothing.

Summer Sunset is a gorgeous medium toned pinkish red with a very slight brownish undertone to it, it's more of a muted color as opposed to being bright. For reference I'm an NW20 ~ golden blonde hair ~ and green eyes. If you have my coloring and are more into lipsticks where as you can see saturated color on your lips you will love this.

on 2/12/2013 7:14:00 PM

I like this product. It is very pigmented, and feels soft to my lips. It is not a heavy lipstick at all. The color compliments my skintone. It is not a in your face red in my opinion, which is good for me. Overall, it is a snazzy shade and a nice quality lipstick.

on 11/2/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Summer sunset is a red-apricot lipstick. It`s creamy,shiny with a little bit of shimmers,that does`t show that much! It last fairly long with a lip liner,It goes really well on the application. It goes really well with:any neutral eye shadows! Love it!

on 12/21/2011 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm perhaps NW10 (I wear Chanel BR-10; Mac NW15 is way too dark for me), medium auburn hair, blue-green eyes, and am so cool-toned that I resemble a pinkish marshmellow.

I have tried a couple of other Color Sensational lippies and disliked the formula for being sparkly, slippery, and weak. When I randomly looked a tube of this lipstick and fell in love, I kicked myself for even contemplating spending the measly US$5 to buy it. Well, I bought it. I tried it on after I scrubbed my face and exfoliated my lips, and then I realized that I love this lipstick because this dusty berry-red is exactly the color of my lips when they are most flushed. I love it! I love this color! And now I can have that delightful and sensual flush on my lips without my chin and face being red along with them.

I wear this with a wax-based balm, like Carmex, then TFLI, and line and fill my lips with Rimmel 1000 Kisses in Spice. The liner isn't an exact match, but it's close enough and I don't feel the need to search for a better one.

The formula on this lippie is much better than others Iíve tried in the line. Ex: Born With It disappears immediately, leaving behind only glitter. Summer Sunset has shimmer, but it doesnít dominate. I like the consistency and creaminess of it, and I get 3-4 hours without needing to touch up, provided I donít eat. There is a scent to the product, but it's subtle and doesn't bother me. I do have sinus issues, though.

As a basic look, I wear neutral eyes with defined liner, this lippie, and Nyx Blush in Desert Rose. I get many compliments.

Even though it feels like a 5, I'm keeping this at 4 lippies for now. I've only been wearing it for a few days. I'm anticipating problems with the castor oil base of this product and don't want to be over-exuberant in case it rots. If it continues to be great, I'll upgrade. I will definitely buy this again even if the tube does rot. It's cheap and beautiful.

on 12/10/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the perfect red for fair olive skin tones. It's a very berry, dusty pink red with brown undertones. It's formula is creamy and moisturizing. It lasts long and has that delicious vanilla smell. It has no taste, though. The lipstick has very subtle shimmer. No big hunks of glitter or frost. I will be repurchasing, but I think this tube will last me a long time, seeing as how a little goes a very long ways with this color. One sweep of the top lip, and one sweep of the bottom lip and you have very natural, rosy red lips. The only downside is the packaging, it's a tad cheap feeling, as it's a see-through plastic (red lipsticks have red tubes, plums/mauves have purple tubes, pinks have pink tubes, and natural/browns have amber colored tubes) that's, frankly, kind of ugly. But, it's a minor issue in exchange for such good lipsticks.