Sephora Collection Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow

Filtered by hair type : Other
Sephora Collection Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow

3.7

on 7/30/2011 3:07:00 PM

As almost everyone, I too got the sample of this from the bday kit (actually it was my mom's bday kit and she gave me the gloss b/c she already has a nice collection of glosses), and I must say it's become my absolute favorite lip gloss! Most lip glosses I've tried are the minty ones from Bath and Body works that I stopped using because they dried the heck out of my lips. This gloss, however, is very moisturizing. I also like how thick it is, meaning that it doesn't run outside the lip line as other glosses do. It stays on for a really good amount of time too. Lastly, the color is gorgeous! It's a lovely coral-rose color that is perfect for everyday. It's beauitiful both under and over lipstick and I plan to purchase a full size when I'm out of the sample.

As a side note, it does have a very significant taste/smell - it's supposed to smell like candy I assume, but it's not really all that pleasant. I am not very sensitive to fragrance, but if you are, keep in mind that this gloss has quite a strong scent.

Got this as a beauty insider bday gift and really loving this color! It goes on so well over a nude lipstick to make nude prettier and more wearable. The lipgloss itself is sheer and i would never wear it on its own. It's so moisturizing and feels so comfortable on. And it's so easy to apply with the slanted applicator. I will try other sephora glosses!

on 2/17/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I (like everyone else) received this as a Birthday gift, and I love it! I constantly reach for it. It's my everyday gloss. Not sticky at all. My little tube is almost gone, so it looks like I will be buying another one soon.

on 1/14/2010 11:19:00 PM

I got this as part of the Birthday Set (which everyone seems to have) and it's OK. It's pretty sheer. It's not as pigmented as it is in the tube. It does give a nice look. I pair this with some brighter pinks and it gives a nice shine.

on 12/16/2009 11:56:00 PM

I got this from my bd trio from sephora. This is my favorite. It's goes on smoothly and leave a tint of pink-red color on my lips. Doesn't make my lips feel stick and doesn't have any smell to it. It's very small but so cute! I wish it there was an applicator instead of the small tube opening though. Just for a clean and no mess application.

on 12/8/2009 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I too received this as part of a trio of glosses as my Beauty Insider birthday present from Sephora (packaged together as "Super Shimmer" lip glosses). To me, these are on par with drugstore glosses. They have a very artificial scent to them - like a cross between fake cherry and... something. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, it just smells very fake. I don't detect a soapy taste, but it does feel artificial. Pretty moisturizing although the shades tend to be too sheer to show up on pigmented lips. Rosy Glow seemed promising in the tube (similar to a pinker Nars Orgasm lip gloss or MAC Nymphette lip glass) but instead It showed up totally clear with an occasional speck of glitter here and there. I might as well be wearing clear gloss.

Overall, these are okay glosses for a free gift, but not something I'd purchase on my own

on 10/25/2009 4:10:00 PM

Note: This review is for the Super Shimmer Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow by Sephora (not the Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss, as the entry is labeled); many of us are familiar with it as part of Sephora's birthday gift.

Far be if from me to criticize a free (birthday) gift from Sephora, but this color just didn't do anything for me. It looked like it was a rich blush pink with a dash of coral in the tube. However, when I applied it, it just looked like a slight wash of a light peachy-pink that I had to squint my eyes in order to notice. Boring - and a touch too close to the orange family. This gloss is also typical of Sephora's "super shimmer" lip glosses: lack of pigmentation, plasticky taste, and minimal shimmer (if at all). Finally, application is a mess with this tube as you just use the slanted plastic end of the tube (not a doe foot sponge applicator).

Bottom line: a below average gloss that isn't bad if it's for free, but don't spend your own money on it.

Out of the three colors in the Birthday set, I am surprised to say that this one is my favorite! I was totally expecting to like the two other colors more (since I usually prefer either really light glosses or really dark glosses).

Rosy Glow is probably the most pigmented of the three glosses in the Sephora set. It gives a pinkish coral tint to my lips. I won't be wearing this color often during the Autumn and Winter seasons, but I'll be excited to use it up during the Summer! I think this is a really nice Summer color.

The quality of the gloss is same as the rest of the Sephora glosses. It gives a nice shine and it doesn't feel sticky, but the staying power is not so great.

As I said in my reviews of the other two glosses, I think that it's an OK product. Would I pay money for these glosses? Nope (because there are many other glosses I prefer). If I can get a deal where I get these for free again, though, I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it.

on 9/28/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Thank you Sephora for my free birthday gloss. This is one of the glosses in the birthday gift. I love this color. Its very verastile pink/coral/red shade. I love the slant tip and the texture. The moisture from the glosss stays on my lips even when the gloss itself dissapears. Its a must for winter!