Sephora Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow

Sephora  Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow

3.9

on 12/8/2009 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I too received this as part of a trio of glosses as my Beauty Insider birthday present from Sephora (packaged together as "Super Shimmer" lip glosses). To me, these are on par with drugstore glosses. They have a very artificial scent to them - like a cross between fake cherry and... something. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, it just smells very fake. I don't detect a soapy taste, but it does feel artificial. Pretty moisturizing although the shades tend to be too sheer to show up on pigmented lips. Rosy Glow seemed promising in the tube (similar to a pinker Nars Orgasm lip gloss or MAC Nymphette lip glass) but instead It showed up totally clear with an occasional speck of glitter here and there. I might as well be wearing clear gloss.

Overall, these are okay glosses for a free gift, but not something I'd purchase on my own

on 10/25/2009 4:10:00 PM

Note: This review is for the Super Shimmer Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow by Sephora (not the Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss, as the entry is labeled); many of us are familiar with it as part of Sephora's birthday gift.

Far be if from me to criticize a free (birthday) gift from Sephora, but this color just didn't do anything for me. It looked like it was a rich blush pink with a dash of coral in the tube. However, when I applied it, it just looked like a slight wash of a light peachy-pink that I had to squint my eyes in order to notice. Boring - and a touch too close to the orange family. This gloss is also typical of Sephora's "super shimmer" lip glosses: lack of pigmentation, plasticky taste, and minimal shimmer (if at all). Finally, application is a mess with this tube as you just use the slanted plastic end of the tube (not a doe foot sponge applicator).

Bottom line: a below average gloss that isn't bad if it's for free, but don't spend your own money on it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this in a sample size as an extra in a swap, and it's a pretty sheer pink-coral color, but there's a slightly noticable taste/smell to it that I'm not a huge fan of. I'll use the one I have now, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/2/2010 2:36:00 AM

I was given this as a product sampler for my birthday and quite impressed with the quality. It leaves a nice sheen and shine without the OTT glitter.

However, I find that I need to apply it every so often and isn't hydrating enough for when my lips are dry or a bit chapped.

on 1/14/2010 11:19:00 PM

I got this as part of the Birthday Set (which everyone seems to have) and it's OK. It's pretty sheer. It's not as pigmented as it is in the tube. It does give a nice look. I pair this with some brighter pinks and it gives a nice shine.

on 1/1/2010 6:12:00 PM

I got this as a free birthday gift from the Beauty Insider Program with two other lip glosses, Precious Pink and Bronzed Beauty (which I gave to my mom). This is my favourite lip gloss of the three, because of the colour and more subtle shimmer (Precious Pink has very large, sometimes gritty pieces of glitter - not the biggest fan). The colour is a deep rosy pink colour with a some light shimmer. It is a sheer, shiny gloss, but still comes out on my lips with a hint of tint. I'm not a fan of the smell though -- it is very artificially sweet, but not overly so; just a bit unpleasant. It's a simple decent gloss, but I know of much better glosses that are most likely much cheaper than it's full-sized version.

Out of the three colors in the Birthday set, I am surprised to say that this one is my favorite! I was totally expecting to like the two other colors more (since I usually prefer either really light glosses or really dark glosses).

Rosy Glow is probably the most pigmented of the three glosses in the Sephora set. It gives a pinkish coral tint to my lips. I won't be wearing this color often during the Autumn and Winter seasons, but I'll be excited to use it up during the Summer! I think this is a really nice Summer color.

The quality of the gloss is same as the rest of the Sephora glosses. It gives a nice shine and it doesn't feel sticky, but the staying power is not so great.

As I said in my reviews of the other two glosses, I think that it's an OK product. Would I pay money for these glosses? Nope (because there are many other glosses I prefer). If I can get a deal where I get these for free again, though, I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it.

on 2/4/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I really like this lip color. I've had it for a while, and everytime I use it I fall in love with it a little more. The color is very flattering on me. It's a pinkish coral with flecks of gold. I love how you can feel the little flecks of gold. It's not chunky, just soothing. AND, it smells like sweet tarts! (=

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this as a free gift in Sephora. Very pretty and smooth. Not sticky at all. Pretty coral/golden color and very shiny. Nice but I prob wouldn't buy this on my own.

on 7/14/2010 11:21:00 AM

Got this in the birthday set. I waited a really long time to try it. Like 8 months. It looks dark and intimidating in the tube. But its a gorgeous color! I think rosy glow is a perfect name for it. Its a really dark pink with a slight bronzy-ness to it. Like most sephora glosses it isn't all that pigmented but I think that works well for this color. I use it on top of Dr. Pepper chapstick- awesome combo. I like this for the summer when I want to wear minimal makeup. When I just need a little pop of color to look somewhat put together. The lasting power for this isn't that great. But it isn't really sticky or tacky. There is a lot of shimmer in this. It is my favorite from the set