China Glaze Inner Beauty

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Well, I'm not a big fan of sheers, and I'm definitely not a fan of pinks (or, rather, pinks rarely look good with my pale, cool-toned skin), but this, I like, at least somewhat. In my long and tiring search for a speer pink that works for me, this is one of the better ones I've tried. Also going to note that this is essentially a dupe or near-dupe for OPI Bubble Bath (the "milky pale pink" version, not the "pinky pink" version).

This is a very pale, milky, sheer pink. I don't have a lot of problems with streaking (suprisingly!). The polish actually becomes slightly more clear and less milky as it dries, and one coat gives a barely-there, barely-pink glossy finish that looks quite natural. Two coats is more noticeable as a polish, less natural, but still subtle (though how subtle would depend on the colour of your own nails and your skintone). I wear this most often in a classic French manicure, but it's also very nice as a base for special effects top coats such as glitters.

I will note that after two coats, this gets a little too milky for my taste. Some people might well like the look, but I think it looks weird. Two coats is my absolute maximum with this so I avoid that. When wearing this alone, I never wear more than one coat (with base and top coats).

My biggest complaint is that the formula is very thin and unpredictable, and tends to rush onto the nail and cuticles, making a big mess for cleanup. I suppose this is unavoidable in a sheer polish like this, but I still really don't like polishes with variable viscosity, and this is one of the most difficult to manage of any polish I've ever worn. Ugh.

This is reasonably flattering to my pale, cool skintone, mostly because it's not that highly pigmented and it's not too terribly pink.

I'll continue to wear this polish, but I doubt that I'll get it again. Despite liking this polish, I've found other sheers that I like better and which are more flattering to my skintone. This is nothing against the polish, itself (though I don't like the formula much), but just my ongoing quest to find the perfect sheer for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I work in an office and while I could probably get away with wearing whatever I want on my nails, I usually err more on the side of conservative. (Except on Friday when we wear jeans... then I go all out!)

I love this milky pink colour for an everyday, professional manicure. One or two coats gives a clean, shiny, natural look - it's not as stark and not as overdone/tacky as a french manicure.

I sometimes have some minor streaking issues, which is why I didn't give this a 5/5. With any sheer this is bound to be an issue though, especially if your application skills aren't 100% (I'd say mine are around 85%)

Lasts at least 3 days with nail tips that are between 1/16th and 1/8th of an inch long. On shorter nails it would last longer, of course.

on 9/12/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was my first (of two :P) China Glaze polishes. Very pretty , girly and perfect for an everyday basis . Just the perfect pink ballerina color!

Popular Polishes