Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.5

on 6/10/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The only unique color in the HC line, IMO. Is it gray? Is it purple? Is it glitter? shimmer? foiled?....MAGIC?!! what is this stuff. all i can think is wonderful.

oh mr wrong...if loving you is "wrong" i don't want to be right.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This color is simply amazing, I can't describe it exactly but its a silvery gray with lots of gold glitter and some blueish green flash to it. Its just gorgeous! And applies like a dream and lasts decently. And at 5 bucks I think the price is fine too. This is probably the most unique of the new Hard Candy nail polishes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is from the new line of Hard Candy available at Wal-Mart stores. They are about $5 each, which is high for a drugstore brand.

I was excited to pick a bunch of these up. They have some very unique colors that arenít always easy to find at the drug store. They come with a cute (but useless to me) plastic ring, just like the old Hard Candy nail polishes, so the packaging is appealing.

This color, Mr. Wrong, drew me in immediately. It is a funky dark, smoky plum, almost dark grey base with intense gold glitter. When I applied it, it went on very sheer, and upon closer inspection, I also noticed some very fine silver/periwinkle colors shimmers as well. However, after layering, all I can really see is a purple base with gold glitter.

The base is very sheer, but I think it needs to be so that the glitters show through. It takes about 2-4 coats to achieve close to bottle color. It still looks a little lighter on my nails then in the bottle. From afar, it reads somewhat of a taupe color that is very a metallic foil finish. It looks much better in sunlight, when the glitter really shows. I canít really put it into a color family. The gold glitter makes me want to say warm, but the dusty purple base makes me want to say cool. From afar Iíd say it comes of neutral.

I had no problems with application what so ever, to formula is pretty good. Sometimes really glittery nail polishes are chunky and have a texture that makes it hard to apply. This went on very smoothly and clean. The color is funky, great for those of us nail junkies who always like these unusual color, but it may be hard for some to pull off. I even felt it was a little iffy on my hands, but itís fun. I am tempted to buy all these nail polishes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of the most unique nail polishes I have ever seen. It's got silver, gold, steel blue, gray and taupe with a purple-y base. It's seriously gorgeous and pictures won't do it justice. You can't fully appreciate this until you view it under direct light. It's like a more purple, glittery Opulent Cloud. I used three thin coats and got good coverage with fast drying time. It is difficult to remove, like all glitters. This is $5 at Wal-Mart and while I wish the bottle were a little bigger, it's worth the price for this color. I would certainly repurchase!

Popular Polishes