Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.7

Such a pretty color! Eggplant-ish purple/ charcoal...with a lot of sparkle! I enjoy painting my nails with this color. Goes on smoothly, worth the $. I paid $5 at my Wal-Mart.

on 1/21/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For a long time I was put off from trying these polishes due to their tacky packaging--I really hated that plastic ring. If they'd just leave out the ring and knocked off a dollar from its somewhat expensive price tag, I would be perfectly content with my purchase. Undeniably though, Mr. Wrong is a polish with complexity, purpley-blue with flashy silver and gold flakes. Its color really morphs depending on lighting. Application is simple, 3 coats and streak-free shimmery goodness is at your fingertips!

on 1/5/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a unique color it changes colors with the different light its so cool it could be silver tan glitter purple black grey it is really pretty I recommend this nail polish and it lasts a long time.

on 5/15/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another winner for me from Hard Candy (I also have Frenzy)! The color is very unique, kinda flashy. There is glitter, but it is very fine, not chunky, and the color is so multifaceted! Indoors, it looks like gunmetal from further away, up close you can see both silver and golden mica. When the sun hits it, it turns deep violet! I wore a base coat and 2 generous coats of polish. It was a very easy consistency for me to work with and dried very smooth. LOVE IT.

It was $5 for the bottle, which I consider well worth it.

on 4/3/2010 9:04:00 PM

This is all I want from a glittery nail polish. The shimmer is so fine, it is almost indiscernible. This looks fantastic with a black outfit. I want to try 'Sweet Pea' next. I will wear glittery nail polish until I die, I don't care if it looks juvenile on a 90 year old!!

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!The color is AWESOME & goes with everything you wear. It looks great with daytime attire & wonderful with more dressy attire! Its the BEST!

on 12/25/2009 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I won't go into detail about the color as everyone below me already has. I will say that I love this polish!! The application was great, it went on in even strokes and I only needed two coats to get the color of the bottle.

The only downside that I can see so far is, I hate the short brush! It's difficult to hold and that makes it harder to apply than a typical nail polish brush.

I used SH Nail Quencher as a base and Out The Door Northern Lights top coat (without shaking so no glitter) with it. I'll edit in a few days with how long it wears.

When I bought this color, I didn't see any other colors that caught my eye, but if I ever would, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Edited 12-30-09 - Only the slightest amount of tip wear after 5 days!! Amazing!! So much better than my higher end polishes like OPI, Chanel or Essie!
Edited 1-1-10 - Finally removed this today. Still only slight tip wear. I only took it off because my nails had grown out enough that there was a space between the cuticle and the polish and that makes me crazy. ;) It was removed very easily with my HG Cutex polish remover, easier than I expected due to the glitter in it.

All in all, I'm raising my rating for this polish.

on 12/19/2009 4:59:00 PM

I live in Atlanta, and STILL can't find Hard Candy at WalMart yet. Luckily, I visited my daughter in Manhattan, KS and they had it.

LOVE it. Love the shade, love the application, love the look, just wish it would stay on longer. Loved the ring, but I left it in Kansas. I don't have any other shades that even come close to this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is from the new line of Hard Candy available at Wal-Mart stores. They are about $5 each, which is high for a drugstore brand.

I was excited to pick a bunch of these up. They have some very unique colors that arenít always easy to find at the drug store. They come with a cute (but useless to me) plastic ring, just like the old Hard Candy nail polishes, so the packaging is appealing.

This color, Mr. Wrong, drew me in immediately. It is a funky dark, smoky plum, almost dark grey base with intense gold glitter. When I applied it, it went on very sheer, and upon closer inspection, I also noticed some very fine silver/periwinkle colors shimmers as well. However, after layering, all I can really see is a purple base with gold glitter.

The base is very sheer, but I think it needs to be so that the glitters show through. It takes about 2-4 coats to achieve close to bottle color. It still looks a little lighter on my nails then in the bottle. From afar, it reads somewhat of a taupe color that is very a metallic foil finish. It looks much better in sunlight, when the glitter really shows. I canít really put it into a color family. The gold glitter makes me want to say warm, but the dusty purple base makes me want to say cool. From afar Iíd say it comes of neutral.

I had no problems with application what so ever, to formula is pretty good. Sometimes really glittery nail polishes are chunky and have a texture that makes it hard to apply. This went on very smoothly and clean. The color is funky, great for those of us nail junkies who always like these unusual color, but it may be hard for some to pull off. I even felt it was a little iffy on my hands, but itís fun. I am tempted to buy all these nail polishes!

on 10/5/2009 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I also really like this color. It's very glittery and you only need two coats. However, It does not look purple to me but dark silver-grey/pewter. It only looks light purple to me when I get a glimpse if it in the sun. It has been on for about 3 days and has started to chip.

Popular Polishes