Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.4

on 1/19/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after reading the reviews here, and looking at the bottle in the store, I was reluctant. But it was pretty inexpensive, so I gave it a try and WOW! It is a really pretty sort of lavender-taupe color, very shimmery but somehow still subtle enough for work. My only problem with it is I got some tip wear within 24 hours, but I wear my polish pretty hard and it would not stop me from buying this again. Now I want to try some of the other colors!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This color is simply amazing, I can't describe it exactly but its a silvery gray with lots of gold glitter and some blueish green flash to it. Its just gorgeous! And applies like a dream and lasts decently. And at 5 bucks I think the price is fine too. This is probably the most unique of the new Hard Candy nail polishes.

This is a beautiful color, it's impossible to pin down exactly what one color it would be, it's a morphling. Over its smoky purple base, it flashes silver and gold, and sometimes you can catch a gorgeous champagne-colored flash in between. It's super shiny and a total eyecatcher.
The only bad part is the price for what it is... $5 is too steep to make me set out to collect all the Hard Candy polishes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of the most unique nail polishes I have ever seen. It's got silver, gold, steel blue, gray and taupe with a purple-y base. It's seriously gorgeous and pictures won't do it justice. You can't fully appreciate this until you view it under direct light. It's like a more purple, glittery Opulent Cloud. I used three thin coats and got good coverage with fast drying time. It is difficult to remove, like all glitters. This is $5 at Wal-Mart and while I wish the bottle were a little bigger, it's worth the price for this color. I would certainly repurchase!

This is part of the new Hard Candy line from WalMart. Most items in the line are about $5 or $6 (the polishes are $5 each for .35 oz.) Most of the colors in the nail polish line aren't terribly unique, the exception being Mr. Wrong. It's a foily-metallic purple-plum mixed with golden-bronze. It's a very interesting color, great for fall. When I applied it over OPI Nail Envy the first coat was kinda chunky and gross, but I have a feeling that that could be remedied by a couple of drops of thinner. Overall, the wear has been excellent and the polish dried pretty quickly. The brush is adequate, but I feel like for $5 for a WalMart exclusive line you should get a half oz, which is standard for most NP; compared to the price/value/size of China Glaze it's not such a good deal.

Popular Polishes