Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of the most unique nail polishes I have ever seen. It's got silver, gold, steel blue, gray and taupe with a purple-y base. It's seriously gorgeous and pictures won't do it justice. You can't fully appreciate this until you view it under direct light. It's like a more purple, glittery Opulent Cloud. I used three thin coats and got good coverage with fast drying time. It is difficult to remove, like all glitters. This is $5 at Wal-Mart and while I wish the bottle were a little bigger, it's worth the price for this color. I would certainly repurchase!

on 1/21/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For a long time I was put off from trying these polishes due to their tacky packaging--I really hated that plastic ring. If they'd just leave out the ring and knocked off a dollar from its somewhat expensive price tag, I would be perfectly content with my purchase. Undeniably though, Mr. Wrong is a polish with complexity, purpley-blue with flashy silver and gold flakes. Its color really morphs depending on lighting. Application is simple, 3 coats and streak-free shimmery goodness is at your fingertips!

on 12/19/2009 4:59:00 PM

I live in Atlanta, and STILL can't find Hard Candy at WalMart yet. Luckily, I visited my daughter in Manhattan, KS and they had it.

LOVE it. Love the shade, love the application, love the look, just wish it would stay on longer. Loved the ring, but I left it in Kansas. I don't have any other shades that even come close to this.

on 10/5/2009 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I also really like this color. It's very glittery and you only need two coats. However, It does not look purple to me but dark silver-grey/pewter. It only looks light purple to me when I get a glimpse if it in the sun. It has been on for about 3 days and has started to chip.

This is part of the new Hard Candy line from WalMart. Most items in the line are about $5 or $6 (the polishes are $5 each for .35 oz.) Most of the colors in the nail polish line aren't terribly unique, the exception being Mr. Wrong. It's a foily-metallic purple-plum mixed with golden-bronze. It's a very interesting color, great for fall. When I applied it over OPI Nail Envy the first coat was kinda chunky and gross, but I have a feeling that that could be remedied by a couple of drops of thinner. Overall, the wear has been excellent and the polish dried pretty quickly. The brush is adequate, but I feel like for $5 for a WalMart exclusive line you should get a half oz, which is standard for most NP; compared to the price/value/size of China Glaze it's not such a good deal.

on 9/27/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color so much..it is one of the new polishes that really caught my eye!it is so foily and sparkly it is amazing..light purple with like gold in it...i can't explain it very well at all,but it is very pretty.

Such a pretty color! Eggplant-ish purple/ charcoal...with a lot of sparkle! I enjoy painting my nails with this color. Goes on smoothly, worth the $. I paid $5 at my Wal-Mart.

on 1/19/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after reading the reviews here, and looking at the bottle in the store, I was reluctant. But it was pretty inexpensive, so I gave it a try and WOW! It is a really pretty sort of lavender-taupe color, very shimmery but somehow still subtle enough for work. My only problem with it is I got some tip wear within 24 hours, but I wear my polish pretty hard and it would not stop me from buying this again. Now I want to try some of the other colors!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Oh my dear lord.....LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE this color. I truly haven't seen anything like this before; it is crazy-unique. Whoever said it's magic was right; purple/silver/but gold too!/taupeish...it's hard to describe. Whatever you call it, it is stunning. On top of that, veryyy inexpensive. A must-have, for sure.

on 1/5/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a unique color it changes colors with the different light its so cool it could be silver tan glitter purple black grey it is really pretty I recommend this nail polish and it lasts a long time.

Popular Polishes