Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.7

on 9/3/2010 1:54:00 AM

I haven't written a product review here YEARS - but had to for Mr. Wrong. I was waiting forever for a prescription to be filled at Wal-Mart and the cosmetics aisle was right next to the prescription counter. I was so happy to see Hard Candy nail polish back again, I had really missed it. It used to be one of my regular splurges at Nordstrom.

Compared to the "old," more spendy polish they used to make, this new one still has a fantastic consistency and coverage. They also still come with the useless cheap platic ring just like before, which imho they could have ditched. It's not cute. The only real difference between the new polish and the old is that this brush is not the best. It's smaller, shorter, and doesn't pick up enough polish or apply the polish well like the old one.

I can't say anything further about the color than what's been said. It's a gorgeous silvery eggplant, that can look guntmetal or even gold depending on how the light hits it.

It makes me happy to see my nails this color, and brought back a bit of nostaglia to do my nails with Hard Candy again, but with a very modern color. Will def be trying the other colors since they're so very inexpensive - but from what I saw this will be my favorite in the line.

Honestly, this color did nothing for me in the bottle, so I passed on it several times. But I kept seeing all the pretty pictures from the girls on the Nail Board, and ... I caved. I am very glad I did. It is, as others have stated, more of a gray/purple base with gold, silver glitter that appears foil-like on my nails. I only used two coats, and it lasted 2 days on me but may have lasted longer if I wasn't itching to wear one of my new polishes. For me, $5 was hard to shell out for a n/p at Walmart, but I was glad I did. Mr. Wrong is definitely worth a substitution for a Subway foot-long. But then, I've always been a sucker for the "wrong" guys.

on 6/10/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The only unique color in the HC line, IMO. Is it gray? Is it purple? Is it glitter? shimmer? foiled?....MAGIC?!! what is this stuff. all i can think is wonderful.

oh mr wrong...if loving you is "wrong" i don't want to be right.

on 7/25/2010 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently picked this up after seeing a few pictures of it, and it's all THAT and then some!

This is a greyed lavendar that has a tremendous amount of depth and complexity. Microglitter/micro shimmer, and when it catches the light, it literally almost dances on my nails. I layered this over a holo and was amazed at the foil-like effect without it looking full on metallic/trashy. Applied well and is wearing like steel .. 7 days and still going strong. This is definitely a shade I'll be picking up a reserve bottle of! HUGE raves! continued >>

on 4/3/2010 9:04:00 PM

This is all I want from a glittery nail polish. The shimmer is so fine, it is almost indiscernible. This looks fantastic with a black outfit. I want to try 'Sweet Pea' next. I will wear glittery nail polish until I die, I don't care if it looks juvenile on a 90 year old!!

Such a pretty color! Eggplant-ish purple/ charcoal...with a lot of sparkle! I enjoy painting my nails with this color. Goes on smoothly, worth the $. I paid $5 at my Wal-Mart.

on 1/21/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For a long time I was put off from trying these polishes due to their tacky packaging--I really hated that plastic ring. If they'd just leave out the ring and knocked off a dollar from its somewhat expensive price tag, I would be perfectly content with my purchase. Undeniably though, Mr. Wrong is a polish with complexity, purpley-blue with flashy silver and gold flakes. Its color really morphs depending on lighting. Application is simple, 3 coats and streak-free shimmery goodness is at your fingertips!

on 1/19/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after reading the reviews here, and looking at the bottle in the store, I was reluctant. But it was pretty inexpensive, so I gave it a try and WOW! It is a really pretty sort of lavender-taupe color, very shimmery but somehow still subtle enough for work. My only problem with it is I got some tip wear within 24 hours, but I wear my polish pretty hard and it would not stop me from buying this again. Now I want to try some of the other colors!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Oh my dear lord.....LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE this color. I truly haven't seen anything like this before; it is crazy-unique. Whoever said it's magic was right; purple/silver/but gold too!/taupeish...it's hard to describe. Whatever you call it, it is stunning. On top of that, veryyy inexpensive. A must-have, for sure.

on 1/5/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a unique color it changes colors with the different light its so cool it could be silver tan glitter purple black grey it is really pretty I recommend this nail polish and it lasts a long time.

Popular Polishes